U.S. Pairs 2019-20 season - News & Updates, Part X

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Where have you been Hon? Miss you

When I heard they were announcing their music now ..... this early... I thought it was gonna be something major. Lol. No need for a nine month early release of a war horse. And, the most criminal of war horses. If ice-skating never saw another Carmen again it would be just fine and dandy.

Hope you’ve been doing well!!!

Awww, thanks! I'm doing great and I've actually been around the boards quite a bit. I just haven't been posting too much. I guess I haven't had a whole lot to say lately! :p

I don't know why Tarah & Danny decided to release their LP music so early but I really do like the choice for them. Tarah has the fire and passion to be a great Carmen and Danny is such a strong partner that I can see this working very well. One of my favorite LPs they've done is their Don Quixote one from 2014 so this choice could be an awesome program. I really hope they keep their Clair de Lune SP though because it would be a great contrast to the Carmen choice (and I love the program and selfishly want to see it live next season). :cheer:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Awww, thanks! I'm doing great and I've actually been around the boards quite a bit. I just haven't been posting too much. I guess I haven't had a whole lot to say lately! :p

I don't know why Tarah & Danny decided to release their LP music so early but I really do like the choice for them. Tarah has the fire and passion to be a great Carmen and Danny is such a strong partner that I can see this working very well. One of my favorite LPs they've done is their Don Quixote one from 2014 so this choice could be an awesome program. I really hope they keep their Clair de Lune SP though because it would be a great contrast to the Carmen choice (and I love the program and selfishly want to see it live next season). :cheer:

I wish they would use their fire and passion and strength and do one of the other 10 million songs in the universe. LOL I can’t imagine Im going to sit through any renditions of Carmen next year.

And yes their Claire de Lune this year is great, although I thought they would score a bit higher with it at nationals and 4cc. I also like their costumes.

My all-time favorite short program of theirs is take me to church and their long program Black Swan.

Gosh looking back at all of their recent programs I think take me to church is the only thing original.

On a sidenote I have no problem with say juniors doing warhorses because they’re still getting to know who they are as skaters and their style, etc but when you’re 5, 6, 7, 8 years into being a senior I would think you’d want to start venture off and doing pieces of music that aren’t redundant or have been used hundreds of times. But that’s just my two cents tonight.

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Carmen for Tarah and Danny... okay I guess. If the program is choreographed as well as Swan Lake was I'll be very satisfied.

Let's hope they go back to Shae-Lynn for choreography.

That's the key. Who is going to be their choreographer? And also, what will be the music selections and music cuts? But I guess it's a good sign for K/O getting a head start on choosing music and preparing for next season. Tarah really needs to improve her SS if that's at all possible at this stage, so they can try to get faster. As well, they need to improve their 3-twist. Compared to the wonderful SS, lifts, and 3-twist of Calalang/Johnson, K/O lag behind at the moment. Of course, K/O have more experience, but they will definitely need to up their game going into next season. Good for them for being fighters.

Shae-Lynn choreographed Swan Lake for K/O with Shae Zukiwsky. But Zukiwsky has since been named Senior Director, Performance Excellence for Skate Canada, so I doubt he's collaborating on skating choreography at the moment (at least not for non-Canadian athletes).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
That's the key. Who is going to be their choreographer? And also, what will be the music selections and music cuts? But I guess it's a good sign for K/O getting a head start on choosing music and preparing for next season. Tarah really needs to improve her SS if that's at all possible at this stage, so they can try to get faster. As well, they need to improve their 3-twist. Compared to the wonderful SS, lifts, and 3-twist of Calalang/Johnson, K/O lag behind at the moment. Of course, K/O have more experience, but they will definitely need to up their game going into next season. Good for them for being fighters.

Shae-Lynn choreographed Swan Lake for K/O with Shae Zukiwsky. But Zukiwsky has since been named Senior Director, Performance Excellence for Skate Canada, so I doubt he's collaborating on skating choreography at the moment (at least not for non-Canadian athletes).

I hope that K/O’s Carmen will come from the ballet version (“Carmen Suite”) arranged by Schedrin.

stjeaskategym

I can't remember who first asked but I am begging with her for everyone to use more than 1st initials when referring to pairs and dance teams. It makes your posts unreadable for several reasons.

I've been watching skating for a long time now and first initials only can already be associated with a different team in my mind. Also I frequently read tired and sometimes I just can't remember who you are even talking about unless I have something like Cal/Joh to fall back on.

I understand using skaters' initials can get confusing. It's just when we're discussing the same 2 or 3 pairs for several pages and I'm mentioning the same pairs 10 times in one post, it seems appropriate to shorten the names to initials to cut down on the length of my posts. There was heavy discussion of Cain/LeDuc vs Calalang/Johnson, and after mentioning their names over and over, C/L and C/J should be readable and easy to comprehend by now.

Rest assured,I provide maximum tit and minimal tat.

Call me old-fashioned,but the US pair Champions,who haven't delivered a substantial performance on the international stage in over two years,certainly owe their public some sort of explanation.

Agreed. Why the US Figure Skating Association is pushing Cain+Leduc is beyond any comprehension. It's not like they have the natural charisma of a Shelby Lyons+Bryan Wells,for instance.

-BB

I can't tell if you're a serious poster or not. Relative to other US pairs, I consider certain things the Knierims have done to be substantial in addition to winning Nationals (ie. scored around 200 points multiple times on international soil this season; delivered good scores in the team event at the Olympics; won a GP medal in a strong field last season; were our top finishing pair at 5 World Championships since 2013). Even if they hadn't done any of those things, they are still under no obligation to speak publicly. If we want skaters to be more open with us, we would have to show them more respect, appreciation, and support. The skaters know not everyone is in their corner and they have to be careful what they say. Athletes withdraw from events all the time without any detailed explanation given. When you miss a day of work, do you send an email to everyone in your office and all of your company's clients explaining what is wrong with you? Everyone is entitled to privacy.

I just hope they have enough time to change different music

Kayne/O'Shea have changed programs mid-season on several occasions before, at least 3 times. It's usually the short program that gets changed. It probably wouldn't be as easy to change a long. But it's still so early. Very few skaters lock themselves into music already.

Last edited:

PairSkater12345

I understand using skaters' initials can get confusing. It's just when we're discussing the same 2 or 3 pairs for several pages and I'm mentioning the same pairs 10 times in one post, it seems appropriate to shorten the names to initials to cut down on the length of my posts. There was heavy discussion of Cain/LeDuc vs Calalang/Johnson, and after mentioning their names over and over, C/L and C/J should be readable and easy to comprehend by now.

I can't tell if you're a serious poster or not. Relative to other US pairs, I consider certain things the Knierims have done to be substantial in addition to winning Nationals (ie. scored around 200 points multiple times on international soil this season; delivered good scores in the team event at the Olympics; won a GP medal in a strong field last season; were our top finishing pair at 5 World Championships since 2013). Even if they hadn't done any of those things, they are still under no obligation to speak publicly. If we want skaters to be more open with us, we would have to show them more respect, appreciation, and support. The skaters know not everyone is in their corner and they have to be careful what they say. Athletes withdraw from events all the time without any detailed explanation given. When you miss a day of work, do you send an email to everyone in your office and all of your company's clients explaining what is wrong with you? Everyone is entitled to privacy.

Kayne/O'Shea have changed programs mid-season on several occasions before, at least 3 times. It's usually the short program that gets changed. It probably wouldn't be as easy to change a long. But it's still so early. Very few skaters lock themselves into music already.
Ok I see what you mean. I think it's ok to change their music. From what I understand there are a number of reasons why. Like you said they usually change their short this year in just a few weeks. Seemed to work out at nationals.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Hey Annie,
What do you mean by that? "Enough time to change different music"?
Nothing exotic.
I can't remember who first asked but I am begging with her for everyone to use more than 1st initials when referring to pairs and dance teams. It makes your posts unreadable for several reasons.

I've been watching skating for a long time now and first initials only can already be associated with a different team in my mind. Also I frequently read tired and sometimes I just can't remember who you are even talking about unless I have something like Cal/Joh to fall back on.
Oh thank you you are my hero or heroine. when the initials or names or something isn't used as a reference point there's no way that but then I'm old can figure out who's talking about home and then it makes the conversations be really impossible to follow

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Hey Annie,
What do you mean by that? "Enough time to change different music"?
and a caveat anything I post or say I had shoulder surgery I can't use my right arm so I have to say everything into the phone and I don't know why what I said is above where the quote was and I don't know how to change it and I think I'll just go to bed okay bye

PairSkater12345

As far as "If we want skaters to be more open with us, we would have to show them more respect, appreciation, and support". I think we are giving our salves too much credit if you think they care or even read the mean things said on this blog.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
As far as "If we want skaters to be more open with us, we would have to show them more respect, appreciation, and support". I think we are giving our salves too much credit if you think they care or even read the mean things said on this blog.

I can assure you that many skaters, coaches, officials, broadcasters, writers, and others involved with skating read posts on this board (not "blog").

PairSkater12345

I can assure you that many skaters, coaches, officials, broadcasters, writers, and others involved with skating read posts on this board (not "blog").
You are right miss "GOAT" it's a board not a blog. We can argue about who reads the comments and opinions on this "Board" Most skaters don't read it or give a rip about it.

I'm wondering about the caption under your board post..... I think you have every right to be quick to judge. If you like Nazis and you adopt the thinking Nazis have, you can f*** off. - Taika Waititi

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
You are right miss "GOAT" it's a board not a blog. We can argue about who reads the comments and opinions on this "Board" Most skaters don't read it or give a rip about it.

You would be surprised how many do.

I'm wondering about the caption under your board post..... I think you have every right to be quick to judge. If you like Nazis and you adopt the thinking Nazis have, you can f*** off. - Taika Waititi

What are you wondering about it? Taika's views reflect my views.

PairSkater12345

You would be surprised how many do.

What are you wondering about it? Taika's views reflect my views.
These skating kids are leaving twitter for Instagram....they communicate at the instant level in social circles. This board is boring for them. If your right we sure don't set a very good example here....lol

Taika Waititi is a New Zealand film maker. I don't view Hollywood horror film hacks as role models. Ya can't quash free speech even when you hate what they say or hate them personally.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
These skating kids are leaving twitter for Instagram....they communicate at the instant level in social circles. This board is boring for them. If your right we sure don't set a very good example here....lol

Taika Waititi is a New Zealand film maker. I don't view Hollywood horror film hacks as role models. Ya can't quash free speech even when you hate what they say or hate them personally.

I have no idea what you're trying to say. But if you don't like the quote, you are welcome to follow the last two words of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information