Status
Not open for further replies.

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I didn’t watch her performances but if they were UR at the GPF, why would that be frustrating? Or do u mean they should not have had the UR call?

I mean that if Liu is under-rotating her jumps and they are not called under-rotated on the national stage, how will she know if she has to work on fixing them or not. Sorry for not being more specific.

Dobre

I mean that if Liu is under-rotating her jumps and they are not called under-rotated on the national stage, how will she know if she has to work on fixing them or not. Sorry for not being more specific.

Alysa has had plenty of experience receiving UR calls at the National level. She has also had great improvement with her rotation to the point at which now we always wait to see how the jump is A. executed and B. called upon slow motion replay. If anything, her calls on the JGP this season have been as good or better than they have been in domestic competitions and in her advanced novice event last season.

VGThuy

From what I remember, the judges’ scores may be inflated but the callers tend to call URs at nationals.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝

olympic

In a recent article, Bradie Tennell said she wants the ladies’ title and is ready to show her technical and artistic capabilities. According to Benoit, her 3A was ready but her unfortunate injury sidelined her training. Come next season, Bradie hopes to include the 3A.

Link: https://usfigureskatingfanzone.com/n...the-music.aspx

I never woulda thunk it. Her axel technique is a little whippy: quick rotation and not much height or power ....

Sylvia

TBD
I am saddened by Kate’s performance but she experienced a growth spurt and needs time to readjust and refocus. I’m sure she’ll come back with vengeance at Nationals and the following season.
Kate Wang came back yesterday and skated a strong free skate (15 points higher than her individual event FS) in the Mixed NOC Team event to help "Team Focus" win the YOG silver medal! :) She landed 6 of her planned 7 triples cleanly through 3Lz. Here's a cute clip from her kiss & cry yesterday:
ETA that Tammy Gambill is Audrey Shin's coach and also was the Team USA singles coach for YOG in Lausanne. Jeff Crandell is Kate's primary coach in the SF Bay area and Rudy Galindo choreographs her programs.

Last edited:

SkateFanBerlin

Nice to see the long piece on Bradie. She doesn't always get respect here. I hope she's scored fairly at nationals. She is the most complete skater we have. And, adding a 3A once she's healthy could really push her to the front row internationally.

(Liu has potential but is a very junior skater. For her own sake I hope USFS stops pushing her so hard.)

SkateFanBerlin

I really don't think Alysa needs the USFSA to "push" her. She can win on her own, given her technical potential.
I'm thinking what happened with Gracie. All this pressure to be the next Kwan. Turns out there will be no next Kwan. No more 10 year dominate skaters. What I worry about is Liu being cast as the next Trusova - pressure to try more quads. Liu should be allowed to develop in her own way, not someone to beat Eteri at her own game.

natsulian

I'm thinking what happened with Gracie. All this pressure to be the next Kwan. Turns out there will be no next Kwan. No more 10 year dominate skaters. What I worry about is Liu being cast as the next Trusova - pressure to try more quads. Liu should be allowed to develop in her own way, not someone to beat Eteri at her own game.
The USFSA does a lot of things behind the scenes that many of us are not cognizant of. Liu may very well have been taught to say she likes pressure and such OR that may truly be her outlook on life. Regardless, you can tell that she loves to skate and that’s what’s best. As I said before, we don’t know so we shouldn’t assume. What we do know is: Alysa Liu is a beautiful and talented lady who I hope goes on to do legendary things.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...

I don't think Kwan could be the next Kwan with this judging system.

I do think that Liu will be fine. She seems well rounded and well grounded.
Let us hope.

Tinami Amori

:rofl: Die Kluge Else

Sylvia

TBD

BittyBug

Disgusted
She [Bradie] is the most complete skater we have.
I like Bradie a lot but I think she’s got some competition from Mariah Bell for title of “most complete” US lady. Bradie has a slight edge on jumps but they’re well matched on spins and skating skills, and I think Mariah is a bit more developed as a performer. I hope they both do well next week.

olympic

I give Bradie a ton of respect. She catches flack from the likes of TSL (Dave called her a member of the Girls Golf team which wasn't meant to be a compliment), but she is probably the most consistent US lady w/ the most demanding tech content over the past decade, and this year her scores have been almost robotically good (except that horrible glitch at the Warsaw Cup)

Carolla5501

I give Bradie a ton of respect. She catches flack from the likes of TSL (Dave called her a member of the Girls Golf team which wasn't meant to be a compliment), but she is probably the most consistent US lady w/ the most demanding tech content over the past decade, and this year her scores have been almost robotically good (except that horrible glitch at the Warsaw Cup)
Maybe she's smarter than you and doesn't listen to TSL?

Honestly I don't understand why intelligent people insist on listening to and then repeating trash talk and gossip (and yes you did just repeat trash talk!)

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I like Bradie a lot but I think she’s got some competition from Mariah Bell for title of “most complete” US lady. Bradie has a slight edge on jumps but they’re well matched on spins and skating skills, and I think Mariah is a bit more developed as a performer. I hope they both do well next week.

Respectfully disagree. I feel a lot more relaxed and safe with Bradie’s consistency. I have to look away every time Mariah goes into her combination. I feel like it’s either going to be crooked, under rotated downgraded or a fall.

I think she’s a great skater but I wouldn’t say she is equal to Bradie yet. And especially now that I hear that Bradie already has the 3 axle in her repertoire

Mariah doesn't have much in technical content as Bradie does in Free. I think Bradie has 2 3lutzes / 3 toes combos ... and Mariah only has a 2 axel/3 toe?

As far as performance I think I would agree in that they have both made nice strides recently.

Last edited:

olympic

Maybe she's smarter than you and doesn't listen to TSL?

Honestly I don't understand why intelligent people insist on listening to and then repeating trash talk and gossip (and yes you did just repeat trash talk!)

whoa. Don’t appreciate the smarter than you comment.

I watch TSL to get some updates and try to forward through the obnoxious chatter

DreamSkates

Nice to see the long piece on Bradie. She doesn't always get respect here. I hope she's scored fairly at nationals. She is the most complete skater we have. And, adding a 3A once she's healthy could really push her to the front row internationally.

(Liu has potential but is a very junior skater. For her own sake I hope USFS stops pushing her so hard.)
With Bradie's success in the Grand Prix, I would imagine she will be viewed positively by the judges.
Alyssa is pushing herself.

Carolla5501

whoa. Don’t appreciate the smarter than you comment.

I watch TSL to get some updates and try to forward through the obnoxious chatter

I do hope Bradie is smarter than you and doesn't listen to their gossip, much less go on the internet and post it! If you listen to and then pass on gossip one must wonder about your motives.

Your excuse of "forward through the obnoxious chatter" falls a little short when you then post the chatter on here. If you had not bothered to post on the trash talk then I would believe you don't take it seriously, but...

olympic

I do hope Bradie is smarter than you and doesn't listen to their gossip, much less go on the internet and post it! If you listen to and then pass on gossip one must wonder about your motives.

Your excuse of "forward through the obnoxious chatter" falls a little short when you then post the chatter on here. If you had not bothered to post on the trash talk then I would believe you don't take it seriously, but...

Bye

Skibean

How did this suddenly become about TSL? Nobody cares if you like TSL it don’t like TSL. Most are here to read about US skaters. Wow.
I like Bradie and Mariah. Bradie has the difficulty that judges are rewarding,so of course she could score higher if she does the maximum. This is why the Russian girls are dominating. It’s not about an “it” factor anymore. I see no personality in many performances that are winning gold. It’s about doing the difficult jumps.

Dobre

I love Alysa, Karen, & Ting.:rollin:
I like Mariah's & Starr's personalities on the ice also.
I think Bradie's SP is the best program she has ever had.
I wish them all the best!

Am sad Ting will not be there this season. And I'm happy to see last year's medalists having good seasons this year.

I'm thrilled Alysa has broken through on the junior circuit & won events, qualified for the JGPF, and medaled! She has personality. She has technical difficulty. She is a joy.

I am impressed that Bradie has been so solid on the senior circuit and defeated several of the top athletes of her junior generation this season by staying dialed in through two programs. She met my highest expectations for her each time out this season.

I was happy to see Mariah dial herself back in after the fall in Russia and move forward. Feels like a good step for her competitively as well. Her confidence seems to have really grown.

I think Karen has two beautiful programs this season--the free skate the best she has ever had; and while the new rotation rules + that second lutz have really not been working for her, I think she is just exquisite to watch and I am so happy she is healthy and skating this season.

I'm glad Starr is working her way through adolescence on the skating circuit. I've always liked when she has a program with pizzazz in her presentation so I don't particularly love these programs; but it's such a tough battle coming through this stage on the ladies' circuit. I'm glad to see her undertaking the challenge. While that free skate has been a work in progress all season, I do hope she conquers it and makes a real fight out of the battle for Junior Worlds/4CCs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information