The Dance Hall 6: We're All Off Our Rockers 2018-2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

flowerpower

Do you have a link to the recordings? I tried looking in the archives of cbc but it wouldn't load. Thanks!
The link to all sports videos is here: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/video (then click on Figure Skating box)
Here is the free dance: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/isu-four-continents-2019-ice-dance-free-dance-1.5013688
Rhythm dance: https://www.cbc.ca/sports/isu-four-continents-2019-rhythm-dance-1.5012666

I'm not sure if the videos are accessible outside Canada. Suggest using Chrome.

Last edited:

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
But now that H&D have lost, their PCS marks are gonna go way down at Worlds to leave room for the Russians. We all know how judging works in Ice Dance. The Eastern Euro judges now have an excuse to put S&B and S&K ahead of them in PCS now.

Indeed. Worlds results will be Russia 1-2. Canada 3. USA 4. Poland 5. A total joke.

-BB

Dobre

New additions in bold. (All of the below happened in international competition).

Teams that have earned a YY on the rocker portion of the pattern:
Guignard & Fabbri at Skate America, Lombardia, the Helsinki GP, the GPF, and Europeans.
The Parsons at the Asian Open, Lake Placid International, NHK, and Internationaux de France.
McNamara & Carpenter at Skate America, Nepela, Lake Placid International, and the Helsinki GP.
Turkkila & Versluis at Nepela, Minsk-Arena Ice Star, and Europeans.
Tessari & Fioretti at Nepela, Minsk-Arena Ice Star, and Egna.
Muller & Dieck at Nepela.
Wang & Liu at Autumn Classic and NHK.
Carreira & Ponomarenko at Nebelhorn and Tallinn.
Gilles & Poirier at Nebelhorn and 4CCs.
Kaliszek & Spodyriev at Skate America, Tallinn, Mentor Torun, and Europeans.
Koch & Nuchtern at the International Halloween Cup, Golden Spin, and Europeans.
Moscheni & Fabbri at the Volvo Open and Egna.
Stepanova & Bukin at the Helsinki GP and Europeans.
Zagorski & Guerreiro at NHK.
Skoptcova & Aleshin at NHK and Tallinn.
Evdokimova & Bazin at Rostelecom.
Kerry & Dodds at the Warsaw Cup and 4CCs.
Sinitsina & Katsalapov at the GPF and Europeans.
Yanovskaya & Lukacs at Golden Spin.
Kublikova & Hulitski at Mentor Torun and Europeans.
Papadakis & Cizeron at Europeans.
Smart & Diaz at Europeans.
Tweedale & Buckland at Europeans.
Ichilov & Davidovich at Europeans.
Chock & Bates at 4CCs.
Weaver & Poje at 4CCs.
Chen & Sun at 4CCs.
Urban & Steffan at the Bavarian Open.

Teams that have earned a Level 4 (YYYY) on the pattern:
McNamara & Carpenter (On both parts at Skate America. Also on the second part at Inge Solar).
Zagorski & Guerreiro (On both parts, the second part at Skate America, Warsaw Cup, and the GPF, the first part at NHK)
Kaliszek & Spodyriev (On both parts at Europeans. Also on the first part at Tallinn and Mentor Torun, the second part at the Warsaw Cup).
Koch & Nuchtern (On both parts at Golden Spin). Also on the first part at the Halloween Cup and Europeans.
Yanovskaya & Lukacs (On both parts at Golden Spin).
Guignard & Fabbri (On both parts, the first part at the Helsinki GP and the GPF, the second part at Europeans).
Tweedale & Buckland (On both parts, the second part at Golden Spin, the first part at Europeans).
Wang & Liu (On the first part at the Autumn Classic).
Carreira & Ponomarenko (On the first part at Nebelhorn).
Turkkila & Versluis (On the first part at Minsk-Arena Ice Star).
Tessari & Fioretti (On the first part at Minsk-Arena Ice Star and Egna).
Papadakis & Cizeron (On the second part at Internationaux de France and Europeans).
Skoptcova & Aleshin (On the second part at Tallinn).
Sinitsina & Katsalapov (On the first part at the GPF and Europeans).
Popova & Mozgov (On the second part at Golden Spin).
Muller & Dieck (On the second part at Golden Spin).
Kublikova & Hulitski (on the first part at Mentor Torun).
Stepanova & Bukin (on the second part at Europeans).
Reed & Ambrulevicius (on the second part at Europeans).
Chock & Bates (on the first part at 4CCs).
Weaver & Poje (on the first part at 4CCs).
Chen & Sun (on the first part at 4CCs).
Urban & Steffan (on the second part at the Bavarian Open).

https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ra...&content_id=5525845&rating_type_category_id=0

shuilee

Just for fun, here are combined results of Euros and 4CC:

1. Papadakis/Cizeron
2. Chock/Bates
3. Stepanova/Bukin (so it'd be a FRA/USA/RUS podium)
4. Weaver/Poje
5. Gilles/Poirier
6. Hubbell/Donohue
7. Guignard/Fabbri
8. Sinitsina/Katsalapov

But if we go with PCS only (a barometer of what happens if everyone skates clean):
1. P&C
2. Hubbell/Donohue
3. SinKats (again, it'd be a FRA/USA/RUS podium....just 2 different teams from USA/RUS!)
4. Gilles/Poirier
5. Stepanova/Bukin
6. Chock/Bates
7. Weaver/Poje
8. Guignard/Fabbri

A bit alarming that C&B and W&P are 6th and 7th in PCS, but there's really only a 1 point different from 2nd thru 7th. G&F are distant 8th in PCS.

barbarafan

Funny you should mention that - with Eurosport commentary. Who's the female commentator - I'm not recognizing the voice?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA87UlZp3ls

Also Weavere/Poje.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsYTLgg8HN0
Thank-you that was great. I saw changes in GP program from nationals. I liked this version better. I watched it twice cause something was bothering me.Can someone with real dance expertise pls tell me.Did Piper have a slight balance check on the 2nd twizzle? and is there a list of the judges and their countries somewhere on isu site?

Jeanine

Thank-you that was great. I saw changes in GP program from nationals. I liked this version better. I watched it twice cause something was bothering me.Can someone with real dance expertise pls tell me.Did Piper have a slight balance check on the 2nd twizzle? and is there a list of the judges and their countries somewhere on isu site?

The female commentator is Louise Walden (I may not have spelled that right!)

Debbie S

@barbarafan If you go to the wedgie data page and click on the judges panel link, you can see the names of the judges, but not their countries. Although, you could probably search their name on the ISU site and find their country, and there is a doc which lists the countries assigned to judge each event at 4CC and the other major comps (the original 13, before the actual 9 are chosen in the draw).

VGThuy

The British judge is my favorite judge of that whole panel. Highest score was only 119+ in the FD and not afraid to give skaters scores closer to 110 than 120. Even had some skaters who received 110+ in the FD in the 99-100 range.

I just did a quick search and at 2018 Euros SD, he gave Guignard/Fabbri higher PCS than Cappellini/Lanotte. From the SD, he seems to be a Stepanova/Bukin and Lauriault/Le Gac fan.

muffinplus

The British judge is my favorite judge of that whole panel. Highest score was only 119+ in the FD and not afraid to give skaters scores closer to 110 than 120. Even had some skaters who received 110+ in the FD in the 99-100 range.

I just did a quick search and at 2018 Euros SD, he gave Guignard/Fabbri higher PCS than Cappellini/Lanotte. From the SD, he seems to be a Stepanova/Bukin and Lauriault/Le Gac fan.

He (she?) gave H/D only 103 :eek:

C

casken

Yup. I think he only handed out like a total of 4 PCS above 9.00 over the entire event?

More judges like him please.

New additions in bold. (All of the below happened in international competition).

Teams that have earned a YY on the rocker portion of the pattern:
Teams that have earned a Level 4 (YYYY) on the pattern:

Kind of sadly hilarious that H&D arn't on either of these lists, and probably won't be even after worlds.

G&F are distant 8th in PCS.

Yup. That's why I fear for them. Teams are being grouped by PCS, and G&F are clearly being put in a group below the top two teams from USA/CAN/RUS. I had hope they would *finally* beat C&B at least, but that's been dashed. G&F could hit level 4 on elementary in the RD, and still come in like 7-9th.

barbarafan

@barbarafan If you go to the wedgie data page and click on the judges panel link, you can see the names of the judges, but not their countries. Although, you could probably search their name on the ISU site and find their country, and there is a doc which lists the countries assigned to judge each event at 4CC and the other major comps (the original 13, before the actual 9 are chosen in the draw).

Thank-you so much.....I tried to google one or two which were really out to lunch....but couldn't find them

barbarafan

alain06fr

ok ....that makes sense.....Polish judge has a motive to cream W/P...so that Polish team soooooooooooooo overscored at Europeans will skate in the last group at Worlds and W/p will be in 2nd to last group. Hope there is no polish judge at worlds.

There’s a polish scoring judge at Worlds on top of HGP...

Scoring Judges at Worlds: Aus, Bul, Chn, Fra, Ger, Hun, Isr, Jpn, Pol, Kor, Rus, Tur, Ukr

barbarafan

There’s a polish scoring judge at Worlds on top of HGP...

Scoring Judges at Worlds: Aus, Bul, Chn, Fra, Ger, Hun, Isr, Jpn, Pol, Kor, Rus, Tur, Ukr
Thank-you .
So much for that hope. Although they might not end up on the panel. Lots of eastern block countries still. At least Sharon Rogers won't be there.

puglover

It is very sad that here we are in 2019 after all the scandals and huge efforts put forth to get clean up ice dance that we still look at some judging panels and shudder. It must be so disillusioning for skaters and coaches. But they can't tell you who to enjoy so I guess there is always that.

Dobre

I look at all judges & shudder. It is an extremely cold job they sign up for, sitting there for hours on end & watching every element for every athlete. And you know they must do this for skaters at a much more developmental level than the lowest athletes at Euros & 4CCs. I really think they must have a deep & sincere love of the sport to do what they do.

puglover

I have worked as the test/competition coordinator and I have endless respect for the wonderful judges who are so dedicated. I have been at competitions where literally blocks of ice were falling from the ceiling on them and one where a judge almost had her coat catch on fire from a space heater. I do not in any way want my comment to be any reflection on judges across the board. My children who skated did not really enjoy dance and so I didn't really follow it for years. I now love it - and I am sad that there is still often questions that go unanswered after results. I think that as unfortunate as things ended up for H/D on the weekend - at least it is something that can be identified and fixed.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
OK, check that: H/B are actually now ranked 6th (of currently competing teams) and G/P 7th - so the penultimate RD group is H/B, G/P, W/P, SinKats and the Poles.

The Poles. :wall: Well, in that group their shortcomings will be all too apparent. But I’d love to see the Danadians or Brits there.

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
I just watched all of Dance from 4CC finally.

I got to say I am more into Dance than I have ever ever been.

I loved all the last groups.

And I have to also say I have never been a fan of W&P and that free Dance is so GOOD!

I have also never been a fan of the music choices of C&B (But Im a big fan of them) and I do love their free dance this season!

Still an über of G&P! Just love them (tho I wish he had a haircut prior to the competition)!

Cant wait to see more of Guignard & Fabbri, the top 2 Russian teams and PapaCiz!!!!!

Dobre

ok ....that makes sense.....Polish judge has a motive to cream W/P

No. If the Polish judge was marking out of bias, he/she would mark down Fournier-Beaudry & Sorensen. Who have been within range of Kaliszek & Spodyriev in international events in the past, finishing only one spot above K&S in their last Worlds head-to-head in 2017 and their last major international head-to-head at Europeans in 2018. Instead said judge placed F-B&S unusually high among the panel at 4CCs.

nuge

Anyone see Coombs/Buckland on DOI ? They were doing some sort of Tango.Her dress was gorgeous and she looked very :glamor: Are they definately retired? That rink does them no favours as it's sooo small.

starrynight

I also noticed that Joti Polizoakis' team on Germany's Dancing on Ice won the trophy! He looks like he's been having fun as an ice dance pro.

I wonder if he will be back in competition?

Anyone see Coombs/Buckland on DOI ? They were doing some sort of Tango.Her dress was gorgeous and she looked very :glamor: Are they definately retired? That rink does them no favours as it's sooo small.

Something even more obvious then that is watching some of the videos Jeremy Ten posts of him performing on the TINY ice of cruise ships! But they still make it look good. I think if you haven't seen them at full flight on Olympic sized ice you'd think it was great and wouldn't know what you were missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information