The Dance Hall 5: Ice Dance Fans 2017-2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeanne7

@DreamsofBliss and @Dobre Thank you guys, I think I mixed up everyone :wall:
I don't think she is anti-VM at all either by the way ! She just favour US teams, yep (Like 4CC). Since I thought she was the one at SCI16 I thought it was a redundant thing but, my mistake. Thank you for the correction ;)

Err - isn't that kinda double speak? If she favoured the US teams when it's obvious VM are better then she's not being an objective judge and, in a way, IS being anti-VM. Just saying. :(

Anyasnake

C/L need 108,32+ in the FD today to secure their spot at GPF.

Seeing their scores in the SD in Skate America : The technical wasn't good at all (for them - they got level1 on the pattern :eek: and level2 on the Pst).
However, judges aren't too shy with the GOEs and PCS (almost 37 PCS) so it balances out. They can do it, barring major mistake.

GreenGan

Before the GPF, best TES of the season of the Grand Prix for the Short dance (okay different tech callers, but I think this is still more adequate than comparing PCS) :

1) 43.91 Virtue/Moir => All elements were level 4 (Skate Canada)
2) 42.46 Papadakis/Cizeron => Pst level 3 (Internationaux de France)
3) 42.35 Papadakis/Cizeron => NtMiStSq level 3 (Cup of China)
4) 42.28 Virtue/Moir => STw level 3 (NHK trophy)
5) 41.30 Shibutani/Shibutani => NtMiStSq level 3 (Skate America)
6) 40.69 Weaver/Poje => NtMiStSq level 3 (Skate Canada)
7) 40.57 Hubbell/Donohue => NtMiStSq level 3 (Skate Canada)
8) 40.30 Hubbell/Donohue => NtMiStSq level 3 (NHK Trophy)
9) 40.23 Shibutani/Shibutani => NtMiStSq level 3 (Rostelecom Cup)
10) 39.47 Bobrova/Soloviev => Pst level 3 (Rostelecom Cup)

So twizzles are slippery and the NtMiStSq seems to be the hardest element. All the team who are in this top 10 got their Pattern level 4. V/M always had their StSq level 4.

I'll just add the chronology of the Grand Prix to see the training time for more analysis ;)
RosC > SkCan > CoC > NHK > IdF > SkA

V/M, P/C, Shibs and H/D are the best skater of SD at the moment. B/S and W/P got their best score at their home GP, even though W/P were injured during IdF, so you can't count them out.
Shibs are getting closer and closer to the top team.

Amantide

G&P below Z&G as well. Ugh! I wasn't expecting that.

I was reading about her before Sochi dinging V/M against D/W. Anyways maybe it is just cdns....She gave Piper and Paul skating skills of 7.50 and gave S/K 9.25. Go Sharon Rogers....should be thrown out.

Tbh Piper and Paul SS are pretty weak, but +9 for S&K is laughable as well. :lol:

mysticchic

[/QUOTE] 1) 43.91 Virtue/Moir => All elements were level 4 (Skate Canada)
2) 42.46 Papadakis/Cizeron => Pst level 3 (Internationaux de France)
3) 42.35 Papadakis/Cizeron => NtMiStSq level 3 (Cup of China)
4) 42.28 Virtue/Moir => STw level 3 (NHK trophy)
5) 41.30 Shibutani/Shibutani => NtMiStSq level 3 (Skate America)
6) 40.69 Weaver/Poje => NtMiStSq level 3 (Skate Canada)
7) 40.57 Hubbell/Donohue => NtMiStSq level 3 (Skate Canada)
8) 40.30 Hubbell/Donohue => NtMiStSq level 3 (NHK Trophy)
9) 40.23 Shibutani/Shibutani => NtMiStSq level 3 (Rostelecom Cup)
10) 39.47 Bobrova/Soloviev => Pst level 3 (Rostelecom Cup)

So twizzles are slippery and the NtMiStSq seems to be the hardest element. All the team who are in this top 10 got their Pattern level 4. V/M always had their StSq level 4.

I'll just add the chronology of the Grand Prix to see the training time for more analysis ;)
RosC > SkCan > CoC > NHK > IdF > SkA

V/M, P/C, Shibs and H/D are the best skater of SD at the moment. B/S and W/P got their best score at their home GP, even though W/P were injured during IdF, so you can't count them out.
Shibs are getting closer and closer to the top team.[/QUOTE]

H&D got the hardest GP of the season for being a top team.

DreamsofBliss

Hurtado/Khaliavin competed at Open D'Andorra this weekend with some nice scores. (67.98, 103.89 with a one point costume deduction in the SD)
And some teams also participated in Shanghai Trophy notably Bobrova/Soloviev who had a strong tech outing, with level 4s except on step sequences and earned 113.10 (they only competed the free dance)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Probably because they were against V/M both times, W/P and the Italians. Though, Chock/Bates were against the French both times, W/P and B/S. But you could also say Weaver/Poje because they went against V/M and P/C. I guess it all depends on where you think all the teams stand.

Yeah. I think if you look at the lists for all the events and their rankings they don't seem to have had a harder ride than any other.

GreenGan

This would've been the tougher GP for H/D if they were going against V/M and an other top team (like Shibs or P/C) at the same GP. I think the top 8 had all their chances to be on the GPF. Now you have to go for a tie breaker when there are 5-6 teams who are roughly on the same level. And if the tie is on the points (which is the case here) then the hardest GP are the one with the hardest tech panel.

So which GP got the worst tech panel ? We talk a lot about Dostatni, but I remember gossips in here about the tech controller in China too. But I don't have much experience in tough tech controller or not. So, to all the "expert" here, who were the tougher tech caller on these GP ?

Anyasnake

So which GP got the worst tech panel ? We talk a lot about Dostatni, but I remember gossips in here about the tech controller in China too. But I don't have much experience in tough tech controller or not. So, to all the "expert" here, who were the tougher tech caller on these GP ?
The 4 top teams (V/M, P/C, H/D and at least for now for Shibs, we'll see tonight) managed to get their levels, tough panel or not. It's with the other teams that the panel got an issue with.
Russia : nothing notable it was quite normal I think.
Canada : Same. Actually even Smart/Diaz got nice levels on their SD (but they skated well too). WeaPo got high scores but so did H/D.
China : Barring P/C, it was a bit tough... I mean for B/S and C/B, especially on the SD and especially for B/S who I thought were better than C/B on the competition.
NHK : A bit tough on some teams like Coomes/Buckland but nothing major. The judges were a bit more odd, throwing GOEs like candies but tough on PCS.
France : Again, barring P/C, both the SD and FD weren't flying high. C/B had level issues again, Guignard/Fabbri were a bit better than everyone on the FD minus S/B and P/C and were lowballed, and both WeaPo and C/B got only 108 for the FD.
USA : Barring Shibs ? Ouch. We're not at the FD yet and it's already the worst I think.

Basically : Dostatni is very strict. Tech Panel in China and France were more fair BUT did point out if there was something wrong so that you could actually change it (e.g. : WeaPo in the FD).

MsZem

I see the sea
Hurtado/Khaliavin competed at Open D'Andorra this weekend with some nice scores. (67.98, 103.89 with a one point costume deduction in the SD)
Open D'Andorra is totally the place to be for a Spanish team looking for a nice score. Smart/Diaz had a total over 160 there last year, and they still haven't beaten that FD score in any CS/GP/ISU event.

Golden Spin and Spanish Nationals will be very interesting.

Amantide

I like these two. Haven't seen them skate this season yet. Is there a video? I would like to see their programs.

ninalovesskating

Karma strikes Carol, Piper and Paul. Well, what can they say about these scores this time around? And I wonder how it feels like for them to not medal at both of their gps after doing so for the past how many seasons :kickass:

Anyasnake

GPF :

1.Papadakis/Cizeron
2.Virtue/Moir
3.Shibutani/Shibutani
4.Chock/Bates
5.Hubbell/Donohue
6.Cappellini/Lanotte

Odd not to see any Russian team. Also the only team currently competiting who has won the GPF twice is not qualified for the 2nd year in a row.
I can't wait to see how all these teams compare against each other, I hope everyone will bring their A-game.

Does anyone know how the starting order for the SD is decided ? A draw between the 3 lower / 3 higher teams ? Or simply reversed ?

caseyedwards

It’s truly fact Russian ice dance is dead! People were like “the politics the politics” all politics is now for LADIES

Miloune

I/z were in gpf! But now Russia has decided to kill all dance politics

Lol no what I meant (and now that I read back my post I realise it's not clear at all lol) is when was the last time no russian team qualified for the gpf during an olympic year?

Miloune

Probably because they were against V/M both times, W/P and the Italians. Though, Chock/Bates were against the French both times, W/P and B/S. But you could also say Weaver/Poje because they went against V/M and P/C. I guess it all depends on where you think all the teams stand.

C/B ended twice second behind P/C but with lower scores than what H/D achieved at both their GPs... so i'd say yes H/D had a harder time of it because they almost didn't make it whereas all went "smoothly" for C/B...

VGThuy

Well, C/B managed to beat Weaver/Poje at IdF who beat H/D at Skate Canada. W/P weren't perfect at IdF but on paper the competition was similar. At Cup of China, they had to fight Bobrova/ Soloviev who is pretty much on par with Cappellini/Lanotte who H/D had to fight.

Anyasnake

Well, C/B managed to beat Weaver/Poje at IdF who beat H/D at Skate Canada. W/P weren't perfect at IdF but on paper the competition was similar. At Cup of China, they had to fight Bobrova/ Soloviev who is pretty much on par with Cappellini/Lanotte who H/D had to fight.
I know a lot of people hate when I say this but in my honest opinion,if WeaPo deserved those scores at SCI, H/D deserved higher (and vice-versa if H/D deserved theirs). WeaPo skated well but really unpolished, their twizzles are either too hesitant or too slow at the end, the FD was quite sloppy. Both on the SD and FD H/D were much better and it didn't even reflect on PCS.
I think H/D deserved what they got. WeaPo may have gotten a bit of home inflation.
If the Grand Prix was any indication, top 4 is clear : P/C, V/M, Shibs, H/D.
Then maybe WeaPo could have an advantage and try to reach 4th place, but it's essentially C/B vs WeaPo vs C/L vs B/S.
C/B can redeem themselves at the GPF if they get their levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information