#TeamTrainwreck 24: For the weirdos and the dreamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝
If the French fed really forced him to skate injured, I'll be after them with pitchforks:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire So much MESS and POTS and everything, it was just sad. If he wasn't injured before, he for sure is now. Knees and tailbone slammed:(

If this is true about the French Federation and apparently it is I can certainly understand why athletes such as Simone biles are bringing mental state to the front of discussions. It should be

SamuraiK

SA Short Dance:

Morozov&Bagin: Ehhh.. it felt flat. Like the My Body is A Cage cover but doest not getl with teh Black Eyed Peas.
Komatsubara & Koleto: OOOk-ish. These 70's disco style programs are the most safe and bland approach to the RD theme this year.
US Team : Pee break
Soucisse & Firus: I feel bad for them being perrenial 4th team but I also dont see much of improvement.And please, lose that silly h
andkerchief
Polish: They are not necessarily my cup of tea but I respect they have a unique and out of the box presence. The Blues was slooow but it build up in the end. Great transition between twizzles though I miss the immediate sequences.
Smart & Diaz: Great energy but still TeamHurtado.
Fournier & Sorensen: ZZZ another sappy music choice from a CAN team. These two have too much sexy chemistry to waste it like that.
Hubbell & Donohue: That's power , great lift and the pattern flew by. Not into the music but they sell it.
Chock & Bates: We're back to her being the center of the universe and him being a nice complement, but this time they are taking it to their full advantage.

Best Dressed - Sorensen
Do Hard - Sorensen again no question.

RoseRed

Rhythm Dance
  • Morozov daughter - agreed that it felt a bit flat. I enjoyed it way more at test skates.
  • Japanese - the music is fun, the program is fun, the costumes are fun... and yet. They just aren't that engaging as a team.
  • USA #3 - they're good performers, but the music cuts here feel messy. Not really feeling it. Random thought - he should really skate with Olivia Oliver. It would be so funny
  • Soucisse/Firus - yeah, I don't think they're in a lot of danger of making the Olympics at this point. They looked promising a few years ago
  • Poles - really not feeling that, probably my least favourite RD of the event. Might work better when they get the speed up, idk
  • Spanish #1 - so much better than H/K's RD for me, really good energy, good music choice
  • Canadanes - the close up on him before they started was :smokin: I enjoyed it. Wouldn't call this sappy.
  • Madi & Zach - also not really feeling the music/program that much, but they are doing it really well. On the edge of frantic at times, and I wish they'd leaned into the sexy stuff more since they do it well, and they aren't in the FD, but it's still good. Don't think it'll hold them back at all
  • Alien Snake girl👽 😈+ partner - doesn't completely work for me yet, but I liked it better than at Finlandia. Lots of good moments. Don't think I watched Evan for one single second of this

SamuraiK

Ladies SP

Sinitsina - Lovely but a bit forgettable
Shin - Fridge Break
Usacheva - Beautiful but never be enoooough.
Yokoi - Popping is no thte best way to make a name for yourself on the circuit.
Glenn - Really like the program but I think she has peaked.
Andrews - Not the best musical vehicle for her.
MIyahara - Stunning dress and good delivery for her tech standards.
Yelim - Another fantastic dress but again already forgot it.
Kurakova - Lively and refreshing.
You - risky
Karamoto - sighs. Is always one little mistake or another with her.
Trusova - Solid but without quads not much else here.

Best Dressed - Wow everyone. they were great faves MIyahara, Kurakova, Kaori, Glenn, Andrews
Do Hard - Kaori.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Ladies SP

Sinitsina - Lovely but a bit forgettable
Shin - Fridge Break
Usacheva - Beautiful but never be enoooough.
Yokoi - Popping is no thte best way to make a name for yourself on the circuit.
Glenn - Really like the program but I think she has peaked.
Andrews - Not the best musical vehicle for her.
MIyahara - Stunning dress and good delivery for her tech standards.
Yelim - Another fantastic dress but again already forgot it.
Kurakova - Lively and refreshing.
You - risky
Karamoto - sighs. Is always one little mistake or another with her.
Trusova - Solid but without quads not much else here.

Best Dressed - Wow everyone. they were great faves MIyahara, Kurakova, Kaori, Glenn, Andrews
Do Hard - Kaori.
Well, she can't really do quads in the SP. :lol: What she didn't have was the 3A due to an injured foot.

RoseRed

Women SP
  • Sinitsyna - lovely
  • Shin - nice, I like when the skater is enjoying themselves. Not really competitive with her jump rotation though
  • Usacheva - she really is a beautiful skater, gives a lot of emotion with her body, not an inspired music choice, but she makes it work for her
  • Yokoi - her typical SP mistakes, and not even a quirky program to make up for it
  • Glenn - nice enough program, and she got through it. We'll see how the FS goes.
  • Starr - I still find skating to yourself singing weird, but her voice is pretty nice
  • Satoko - beautiful skating, problems with the jump landings and rotation. The usual.
  • Kim - pretty, nearly jumping into the boards with those big jumps. Not the most memorable, but she probably should have been higher
  • Russian/Polish sunshine girl - she's always enjoyable, but this program is very Benoit and not very her imo
  • You - better than last year's SP
  • Kaori - does she really need voiceovers in both programs this season? Really? Anyways, I don't love this SP, but it could be worse (like her FS)
  • Red-haired Cruella - she definitely shouldn't be winning PCS here, but at the same time she has worked a lot and improved, so I'm glad for her that she gets rewarded, with the insane fight for Russian Olympic spots

Colonel Green

Women
Puffed Sleeves - generically lovely, but well done;
Shin - see above, with added underrotations;
Usacheva - should be leading; unlike a lot of FSUsers I like this song;
Yokoi - the hope that she'll ever learn how to skate a short program has died. She can redeem herself tomorrow;
Amber - really just needs to go for the 3A. But so great to watch even when she's off;
Let Me Be Your Starr - no Lutz or flip is just not competitive even if you can skate it clean, which she seemingly can't;

Tiny Queen - ignore the jumps, :swoon: at everything else;
Y. Kim (No Relation) - still has minimal on-ice personality, but great jumps;
Toucan - great dress, needs a program that goes with it;
Kaori - I thought after Daleman we were done with disappointing Gladiator programs in the Olympic season;
Cruella - PCS is bullshit, but we all knew this.

Dance
Nepo-Squad #1 - weirdly, she's the one carrying this partnership, feels like it should be the other way with all the favouritism complaints;
Japanese Marrieds - fun program, I'm rooting for these two despite their obvious limitations;
Cesanek & Yehorov - good for them to have made it, would still have preferred Pate & Bye;
Soucisse & Firus - we're a long way from 2018 Four Continents;

FSU's Favourite Team - finally, a tech panel that hates these two as much as I do;
Spanish - great program, I can't really think of any other ice dance team that's repeated an RD even when the opportunity was there;
Danadians - too sexy for keypoints;
Hubbell & Donohue - fun program, Madison's previous costume was better;
Chock & Accessory - I've come around on this program.

Pairs
Walsh & Michaud - these two were apparently in great form at HPC, but her chest infection afterward seems to have squelched that. Program has some cool choreography, as you'd expect from Lane;
Liu & O'Shea - lots of nice qualities, but it's early for these two;
Pepeleva & Pleshkov - lots of good elements, not sure they have what it takes to stand out in senior Russian pairs;
Knierim & Frazier - nice job on tech, program not special but works for them;

Calalang & Johnson - they feel like a team that is 92% World medalist caliber, but the other 8% is their jumps, which are terrible;
Miura & Kihara - that team bronze becomes more and more real, and congrats to these two on the upset that I wasn't sure the judges had the guts to give them;
Boikova & Kozlovskii - these two are kind of a mess now, aren't they?
Tarasova & Morozov - no closer to ironing out the inconsistencies, as far I've seen, but with B/K crashing right now they have a pretty clean path to the Olympic podium anyway.

mjb52

I feel so bad for B/K. Despite my complaints re Swan Lake I thought they did a good job with the short program, I just don't totally think their programs this year play to their strengths. I really want them to turn things around.

J

Jeschke

I am way way way, behind, but let's start this:

Pairs SP

Liu/O'Shea: Decent debut but I loved his pairing with Tarah so this will be a hard sell to me.
Pepeleva/Pleshkov: I can see why some might find them boring, but this is pure class to me. Exquisite lines, great carriage, stunning look of her. Totally robbed on PCS :drama:
Walsh/Michaud: Don't buy this pair at all. But he needs beard to get hot again and I'll cheer nontheless because I hate seeing them not making olympics just because J/R pairing.
Knierim/Frazier: Hate the music but clean this will kill US nationals.
Miura/Kihara: Best reactions. Always. He has come such a long way and I love to see him getting rewarded finally for holding on :respec:
Calalang/Johnson: It's clear, where US fed is setting its horses on. Sorry.
Boikova/Kozlovskii: It gets harder and harder not to see the many flaws in their skating. Should be behind P/P. PCS are a joke.
Tarasova/Morozov: I am no fashionista, but how the hell do these colors work together?

Best Dressed: Pepeleva
Do Hard: Frazier

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Tarasova/Morozov: I am no fashionist
Now now don't sell yourself short! :p

I'm sad for B/K, everything has seemingly regressed bigtime? Not just the elements, but even the basics. Maybe it's amplified by the fact that the programs are not good; in fact that Malaguena is rather tragic. I thought the SP score was inflated and overall I'd have K/F winning bronze ahead of them.

Tarasova/Morozov are a poor man's Totmianina/Marinin for me, but without the consistency, without the great Snowstorm and Otonal short programs, without the confidence, and without the sex appeal. Sorry... :shuffle:

Miura/Kihara were the clear standouts. I'd re-watch their programs in a heartbeat. I love the speed, attack, joy, and effervescence they bring! So good.

As for dance, I am rooting hard for Chock to be US #1 this year. And in men, I'm thrilled for Zhou. The SP is schmaltz x ten and I am totally here for it. I like Nathan's LP, even if no one else does. However, the short program is not good. Shoma was overscored, and Zaddy's LP is awesome save that final music cut and the 4S being MIA. Siao Him Fa probably has my favorite set of programs this season. 😍

Ladies. Trusova's SP is actually one of my favorites this year, but realistically she should be in like 3rd.Yelim Kim's 3Lz+3T is +5. American women. :scream: Not even Schott level content from Shin and Starr. :drama: Love Sakamoto SP, great dress.

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

Men SP:

Zhou. I have such a soft spot for him. Awesome set of programs this season - but the sparkles on his pants need to go!
Ma. Hair. No. Piano Swan Lake. No.
Brezina. The family shot to start was actually best thing about the performance.
Nguyen. Strange Swan Lake version. I liked though. Great choreo moments itself. Unfortunately these and the entire program felt like a total non-fit for Nam, sorry.
Danielian. Love the bling. So matures. Great program for him when clean.
Sato. Ignoring music 2/3 of the program. Congrats.
Siao Him Fa. :gallopin1
Aymoz. Hated this program before. Don't like it now. Best arse bounce splat of the season 💪 💥 The constant over the top drama is damn annoying. And sitting there with Fontana. Well :rolleyes:.
Uno. Great program for olympics, when skated great. Hate the end pose.
Grassl. Shave!
Chen. Totally uninspiring to me. Going back to SP music which killed your OGM 2018, like this in-your-face-attitude! PCS for that performance :rolleyes:

Best Dressed. Danielian. Nguyen.
Do Hard. Chen.

J

Jeschke

Rhythm Dance:

Morozov/Bagin. Love this program for them. So much progress year by year. I need his test skates hoodie back!:drama:
Komatsubara/Koleto. Outfits :scream:
Cesanek/Yehorov. Not my cup of tea.
Soucisse/Firus. Tina Turne with purple scarf :rofl: And somehow I can see @alchemy void :cheer: the entire program.
Kaliszek/Spodyriev. His pants were best thing about that.
Smart/Diaz. I just remain silent.
Fournier Beaudry/Sorensen. Nik earring :respec: New costume for hair pls. And new program. Thx.
Hubbell/Donohue. If they could just slim the over-the-top-posing down. Big no overall for me, sory. Can't stand his knc attitude.
Chock/Bates. Pmaol about Hanretty comment coming close to career-end, when they just announced they will go on :rofl: Another program/concept I don't get at all. I hate RD's this season.

Best Dressed: Morozov
Do Hard: Morozov

J

Jeschke

Ladies SP:

Sinitsyna. I absolutely love her. So good seeing her back after such a hard time. Awesome program, great detailed choreo. Love her getting chance of GP's and thus more chances of qualifying fo the years to come. So elegant. Like a Mini-Nugu :love:
Shin. Dye job à la Schott :yikes: 3t3t à la Schott :rofl:
Usacheva. Horrendous dress and eye-shadow. I like her usually but this program is such nonsense. 3pts higher in PCS than Sinitsyna :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Yokoi. Leaves me 🤷‍♂️
Glenn. Sorensen wins the earring game .No balls for 3a. Meh. After Finlandia Trophy incident rainbow flags are finally allowed by ISU and suddenly seen and commented in stream? :rofl:
Andrews. Wished Izzo could have been here.
Miyahara. Love this program too death. Any Satoko more each and each year :love: PCS behind Usacheva. WTF!
Kim. That combo is so ****ing huge :love: By far my fav KOR! I need her so badly to make the team! Meh meh meh at the scores. Meh.
Kurakova. Can't connect.
You. If only as many people watched 'The Leftovers' as skating to it :D Another one I can't connect. Leading Kim. Meh meh meh meh.
Sakamoto. I am an absolute sucker for 'Now we are free' :swoon: She could have brought such a great costume to it and then that? Meh. Absolutely great vehicle for her! 💪 Above Kim? WTF?! Meh!
Trusova. Well, okay 🤷‍♂️

Best Dressed: Sinitsyna. Miyahara.

Absolutely love that Sinitsyna is sitting in 3rd, absolute hate the placement and scoring of Kim compared to others.

J

Jeschke

Pairs FS:

Walsh/Michaud. That was rough and did not help their campaign.
Liu/O'Shea. Some really beautiful transitions. Overall promising debut.
Pepeleva/Pleshkov. That first lift is pure masterclass! :love: In fact the entire program is besides the sbs. GOE on final throw should be +5 through the bank. This is hands down my fav pairs program behind B/S 'Lady Caliph'. I am obsessed :love:
Knierim/Frazier. Horror cover :scream: 2 programs perfectly build for nationals. If it's my cup of tea 🤷‍♂️
Calalang/Johnson. Hmpf 🤷‍♂️
Miura/Kihara. His story might be my fav skating story latey. From the chosen partner for Takahashi doomed to succeed and weak early years the long route to where he is now! Such a sucker for those stories :love: KnC reaction to die for :love:
Boikova/Kozlovskii. Going for that 2nd 3s was gutsy after the first one 💪 What is her constant Hocke-smile to this music? Such a weak program.
Tarasova/Morozov. Really dislike her Ryabova-style-combos. Same with his Marinaro-style-lifts. They move so beautifully, but well, #teamsuihan all the way 🤷‍♂️

Best Dressed: Pepeleva.
Do Hard: Frazier. Pleshkov.

Side note: I know it makes no sense complaining, as we know the game, but the lately more and more arbitrary interpretation of GOE is so damn annoying and such a blow in the face of the no-names and small-feds-skaters.

J

Jeschke

Men FS:

Sia Him Fa. Love his set of programs. Do we know french selection criteria? :watch: (@cholla )
Danielian. Now that's a golden collar Miki would kill for.
Grassl. How did I miss him skating to Armageddon OST? Bring the damn orange space suit, now!!!
Nguyen. I want him and Romsky. Sorry Messing.
Brezina. I need to see this live with @rfisher next to me.
Sato. 🤷‍♂️
Chen. Very generic for a very long time. I don't buy it. Skated right through it. Love the simple outfit, but I need more classic look for this. Of course I totally hated the music switch to end. Meh.
Ma. Well, he always has the SP moment.
Uno. The sloppy landings are such a turnoff. Way too much 2ft skating for me and lack of program at all.
Zhou. I absolutely love this program. Was a pleasure seeing it live at NHT. Vinc has come such a long way. Well done. Congrats.

Best Dressed: Chen
Do Hard: Chen

J

Jeschke

No Volchkova-student by ROC for olympics, while they put every random junior dance team and lady, even non-competing Panfilova/Rylov on the longlist :drama:
(((Stasia)))
(((Yablokov)))
(((Erokhov)))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information