#TeamTrainwreck 24: For the weirdos and the dreamers!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SmallFairy

More Skate Canada

Jason so gifted, Semenenko wuzrobbed!!! I get Jason’s qualities, but that program is nothing special.

One trick pony Nathan is so disappointing me. Program not getting any better. No connection with Mozart at all. P/C was clinic, this one so empty. Blah.
#RIPphilipglassFS

Karen Chen for Olympic gold medal 1998💪🏻💪🏻💪🏻

Empress the only one emoting, love her!

Ladiezzzzz in general… sigh, they used to be my favourites.

Valieva “choreo” embarrassing, disgrace to the word choreography. If she wins the OG, I will feel nothing watching her program. Sigh x infinity. Imagine what a real choreographer could do with her!

J

Jeschke

I love Nugu's FS edit.
It's so so good - she has to keep it for next season and add some choreo (at all :p) to it.

Glad to see her happy and ending with double fist bump 💪

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
Valieva “choreo” embarrassing, disgrace to the word choreography. If she wins the OG, I will feel nothing watching her program. Sigh x infinity. Imagine what a real choreographer could do with her!
I found an interesting interview of Kamila Valieva for Russian ballet magazine La Personne:

An interesting excerpt: ""
When you were preparing Bolero, who were you inspired by during the preparation, did you watch the production of Bejart or other choreographers?

Of course, the first thing I did was find and watch the skaters’ programs set to Bolero: Jayne Torvill / Christopher Dean; Tatiana Navka / Roman Kostomarov; Carolina Kostner; Elizaveta Tuktamysheva; Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov.

Then there were ballet performances with the best dancers in the world: Maya Plisetskaya; Diana Vishneva; Sylvie Guillem.

All of them amaze with their energy and passion. Bejart said that Bolero is a story of desire.

But my free skate is completely different.""

I think Valieva's Bolero is a masterpiece work. Kamila is a modern dance artist. And she is the best skater in the world at this art, IMO. It might not be visually appealing to some/many, but Picasso was criticized too by the people who love Rembrandt for example. I can see Kamila and Co's artistic vision. Might not be my thing, but I can recognize that this program should be iconic and for the ages.

Also, here is a clip of Bejart's Bolero, to help understand that modern dance is just as legitimate a form of dance than only pretty prima ballerina. This vid might not appeal to many people, but I at least see the talent and work involved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovA8PuWGLU

S

SmallFairy

I found an interesting interview of Kamila Valieva for Russian ballet magazine La Personne:

An interesting excerpt: ""
When you were preparing Bolero, who were you inspired by during the preparation, did you watch the production of Bejart or other choreographers?

Of course, the first thing I did was find and watch the skaters’ programs set to Bolero: Jayne Torvill / Christopher Dean; Tatiana Navka / Roman Kostomarov; Carolina Kostner; Elizaveta Tuktamysheva; Evgenia Tarasova / Vladimir Morozov.

Then there were ballet performances with the best dancers in the world: Maya Plisetskaya; Diana Vishneva; Sylvie Guillem.

All of them amaze with their energy and passion. Bejart said that Bolero is a story of desire.

But my free skate is completely different.""

I think Valieva's Bolero is a masterpiece work. Kamila is a modern dance artist. And she is the best skater in the world at this art, IMO. It might not be visually appealing to some/many, but Picasso was criticized too by the people who love Rembrandt for example. I can see Kamila and Co's artistic vision. Might not be my thing, but I can recognize that this program should be iconic and for the ages.

Also, here is a clip of Bejart's Bolero, to help understand that modern dance is just as legitimate a form of dance than only pretty prima ballerina. This vid might not appeal to many people, but I at least see the talent and work involved. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dovA8PuWGLU
Thanks for the link! Very interesting take on Bolero. (Other posters here will also enjoy it for different reasons:D)

I for sure am not slamming Danny G for trying to do modern/contemporary, I love modern dance (and both Picasso and Rembrandt), and want more of it in skating. And Kamila is not to blame, she is for sure doing her best with what she's given, but I find the choreo frantic, random, and skated a lot through the music. So many missed musical key points. Just throwing in mysterious arm movements and leg kicks doesn't make modern choreo, in my opinion. I wish for more isolation of movements, more breathing, more space, more time to really express the feeling the music gives, not just keep crazy speed not to loose the intensity of the piece. Carolina's Bolero had a much slower pace, and still managed to hold the excitement. While classical ballet is about system and strict rules, modern dance developed as an opposite, to express freedom and feelings. But to do that, IMO you need to take the time to do so. So, the choreo should allow the skater breaks, and Kamila has none. Maybe I have no clue, but this is what I was thought while trying to learn to dance contemporary myself (still pending;) ) So, I guess we agree on loving modern, but disagree what Kamila's Bolero really is:)

And the whole clue with Bolero is the orchestration. Ravel was a master of it, constantly bringing instruments in and out of the piece, constantly putting new and sometimes never used before combinations of instruments together. So I feel Bolero deserves not to be rushed, or all nuances will be lost.

This was a very serious post for #ttw Hope I'm forgiven.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I notice almost all russians cite Carolina Kostner as the benchmark for artistry, and skating skills. They respect Mao but no mention of Yuna, kind of too cold to be likeable I guess, russians love drama.

Also its a cultural thing, if your European you look up to mostly that looks someone like you. In Asia , Yuna is highly idolized same with Mao.

text_skate

I notice almost all russians cite Carolina Kostner as the benchmark for artistry, and skating skills.
They all grew up listening to Russian commentators who were over the moon by Caro, praising her all the time, and over a much longer time (her career started a lot earlier). Imo this could be a reason.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
They all grew up listening to Russian commentators who were over the moon by Caro, praising her all the time, and over a much longer time (her career started a lot earlier). Imo this could be a reason.
but these newer generation from Valieva were not even sane enough to know who Carolina was when they started, I guess word of mouth from coaches whom to watch. Yulia also mentioned Craolina, nada for Yuna.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I need someone to post the speedo pic of Dimitriev sr. asap, to bring this thread back to its senses 🚑
The Junior drama is the most interesting thing on FSU right now. Seems he was released from Russia to skate for Croatia 3 years ago. Mozer thinks he should have stayed because he could have gone to Euros, Worlds and the Olympics for Croatia. Which is interesting that he prefers to skate for the US and has no hope of any of the above. :watch: Is he wanting to coach in the US? Is he trying to dodge the taxman in Russia? What is Junior doing? Will he pose in a speedo?

Vagabond

The Junior drama is the most interesting thing on FSU right now. Seems he was released from Russia to skate for Croatia 3 years ago. Mozer thinks he should have stayed because he could have gone to Euros, Worlds and the Olympics for Croatia. Which is interesting that he prefers to skate for the US and has no hope of any of the above. :watch: Is he wanting to coach in the US? Is he trying to dodge the taxman in Russia? What is Junior doing? Will he pose in a speedo?
Trying to make it to Four Continents? :unsure:

rfisher

Let the skating begin
My predictions
The only people who will be happy with the scoring are the gold and bronze medal winners in each category.

Karen-W

Checking Senior Bs for TES mins...
My predictions
The only people who will be happy with the scoring are the gold and bronze medal winners in each category.
Eh, Yuzu isn't competing so I'm sure the silver medalist will also be happy. Or, at least, his fans will be happy and won't flood Twitter with hysterical tirades about how Vincent was overscored.;)

J

Jeschke

MBM back with 3T.
All the way girl!💪🏼💥

J

Jeschke

Crazy weekend heading towards us :gallopin1
I can't watch live and no clue how to fit in re-watching the important stuff.
  • Schott vs Pulkinen at NHK
  • Eunsoo at NHK
  • 2/3 playstation gang at NHK
  • Rizzo, Galliamov, Nikitin, Zach2 at NHK
  • @SmallFairy 's doomed ones at NHK
  • JPN dance showdown at NHK
  • Salmon at CS AUT
  • Levandi vs lil'Selevko (lil' Selevko vs. family duties) at CS AUT
  • TUR men showdown at CS AUT
  • EST women showdown deluxe at CS AUT
  • GBR women showdown at CS AUT
  • GER women showdown at CS AUT
  • GER dance showdown at CS AUT

I bet my arse, @alchemy void does not bother at all with NHK with this line-up in Graz :rofl:

S

SmallFairy

Crazy weekend heading towards us :gallopin1
I can't watch live and no clue how to fit in re-watching the important stuff.
  • Schott vs Pulkinen at NHK
  • Eunsoo at NHK
  • 2/3 playstation gang at NHK
  • Rizzo, Galliamov, Nikitin, Zach2 at NHK
  • @SmallFairy 's doomed ones at NHK
  • JPN dance showdown at NHK
  • Salmon at CS AUT
  • Levandi vs lil'Selevko (lil' Selevko vs. family duties) at CS AUT
  • TUR men showdown at CS AUT
  • EST women showdown deluxe at CS AUT
  • GBR women showdown at CS AUT
  • GER women showdown at CS AUT
  • GER dance showdown at CS AUT

I bet my arse, @alchemy void does not bother at all with NHK with this line-up in Graz :rofl:
Don’t forget I’m up too!!!:D 🆘

S

SmallFairy

Not just my doomed ones (#notdoomed!!!) to look forward to, but this is the weekend I’ll be watching dance!!!:smokin::smokin::smokin:

And my two favourite pairs are skating! I hope you know who!
And don’t forget my girl Kaori. And Amber!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information