#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colonel Green

NHK Ladies

Now this was pleasant to wake up to.

Matsuike - what a nice way to start things off.
Uramatsu - Kaori, if any personal items go missing from your hotel room, I’m pretty sure this girl stole them.
Kawabe - gaining more control over the jumps, which is good since she often felt like she was skating with an outboard motor in prior seasons.
Araki - now here’s a victim of Japan’s excellence, she’s got solid everything but just isn’t as polished as the best of the field.
Kawabata - :wuzrobbed :gallopin1 Why can’t you be a star?
Mihara - great to see her back. The change in her appearance is kind of alarming even though she seems to have recovered her health.
Yamashita - greatest contrast between the annoying program that will never go away and the excellent execution.
Honda - doing what she can, and well, but the overall effect is kind of sad, honestly. Intentional 3-2 combinations feel like giving up. Also, how is her world standing still high enough to make the second flight?
Yokoi - the second clean short program of her career!:encore:I’d bank on her moving up at least a place in the free now.
Higuchi - that triple Axel is still not translating into competition, but everything else was nice.
You - :yikes:
Sakamoto - :cheer: After last season turned into a parade of disappointments, great start! And while Japan is still judging PCS and GOE like it’s 2008, the tech panel at least decided to ignore her horrendous flutz just like other feds would for their stars! :encore:

J

Jeschke

Finally caught up with GP 🇯🇵

Overall
With only RUS events going on, these scores feel so weird :rofl:
The overall skating of these girls so much better than the RUS jumping machines.

Dance
Last placed team, I would have in first :rofl:

Ladies
Yamashita. This program is so batshit crazy but you gotta love it.
Mihara. I was almost a bit choked up #softie. Great moment with the standing ovations for her. Just love her.
Honda. Thank you for getting a new SP. This one is so good and suits her so well. Such a :gallopin1 star.
You. Badass look. Loved it. :glamor:
She went for it, but you saw what happend.
#TTW commentary of the day
Marin skates good, nice, very decent but she lacks the it factor, there's something missing in terms of personality and skating-appeal
The only reason I will not go totally :argue::angryfire:drama::lynch: on you is that I am already so much in your debt my dear! DRAMA!

Men
Tomono. New batshit costume. Tbh I liked the purple space turtleneck :shuffle: But boy can't I stand this program.
Yamamoto. Dark Eyes. Loved it.
Ehm. Where was Uno?

Sylvia

TBD
He trains in Switzerland now, so presumably decided not to travel.
Uno, Kihira and Koshiro Shimada are the 3 senior level JPN skaters currently based in SUI.

ETA:
Mihara. I was almost a bit choked up #softie. Great moment with the standing ovations for her. Just love her.
Honda. Thank you for getting a new SP. This one is so good and suits her so well. Such a :gallopin1 star.
Really enjoyed watching these two even though I was barely awake!

Sylvia

TBD
Honda. Thank you for getting a new SP. This one is so good and suits her so well.
It seemed familiar to me and I just came across this Marin Honda post-SP article (machine translated excerpt): https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/202011270000629.html
"The song I skated this time is an important song for me, so I hope I can perform better than this time."
The SP has been changed to "The Giving" [by Michael W. Smith] used in the 17-18 Pyeongchang Olympic season from this tournament. After the official practice on the 26th the day before, she swore that "the most important program in my life. It's the song I used for the first time saying" I want to use this song myself". I want to perform well."
To the free time on the 28th, "I want to do my best, aiming for a better performance, aiming for a better performance," she said.

Vagabond

Yamashita. This program is so batshit crazy but you gotta love it.
There is an easy way to make this program palatable.

1. Line up the video to the start of her program, press the Stop button, and mute the sound.
2. Find a video of any decent version of Una voce di fa, e.g., Joyce DiDonato in concert.
3. Start the decent version of Una voce di fa.
4. Switch over to Mako Yamashita and start the video.
Et voilà!

The music will continue past the end of Yamashita's program, but it will match up with her elements and choreography. 😌

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

GP 🇯🇵 Ladies

Higuchi. Dress!
Mihara. :love:
You. So not my skater but I am kinda obsessed with both her programs this season and she's so clean and pure, when on.
Marin. FTW :encore:This program. One more season. One more.
Nitaya.Nagai. Robbed of skating here so badly :drama:
And where the hell is Shiraiwa? 🆘
Fairy of the Forest was my nickname in high school. :shuffle:
Just in case anyone missed this in pbp :rofl:
And yes, @alchemy void might just have gotten 30+ emojis by my for his pbp :rofl: (5+ love emojis alone for Honda-pbp)
When will someone finally give us two the power of the mic for god's sake? :D

Colonel Green

NHK Ladies FS

You - good recovery, but not enough. Ironically she'd probably have been scored higher if this had been an internationally-judged event, they'd have given her more GOE and PCS just because she landed the triple Axel. Some of the program cuts are weird.
Uramatsu - a victim of the reality that it's better to fall than to pop under the IJS.
Araki - the beneficiary of the reality that it's better to fall than to pop under the IJS.
Honda - doing four combinations, classic Marin.
Kawabata - :gallopin1:gallopin1:gallopin1 Membership now!
Mihara - really solid comeback event, though I'm not sure I'd have scored some of her jumps as highly as the panel did.
Kawabe - cool program, and she's definitely more controlled with the jumps now than last year.
Yokoi - of ****ing course she forgets how to do a free skate after the second clean short program of her career.:gallopin1 The program could be great if executed properly, though.
Matsuike - from first out in the short program to the Grand Prix podium; good on ya, kid.
Yamashita - 4S attempt! Solid improvement over the last few seasons continues.
Higuchi - finally lands the triple Axel, then pops a few other jumps in celebration. Another strong comeback continues. And stoic bitchface at Kaori's scores!:rofl:
Sakamoto - :encore::encore::encore:Also, the judges and tech panel were totally in the tank for her compared to everybody else.

Vagabond

Colonel Green

Random note: With Guliakova WD (and likely getting a bye to nationals) all others move up in potential points, which seals Stasia's fate for nationals :(
All the withdrawals and delayed entries resulting in wildly uneven fields has really rendered the Cup qualifying process quite skewed, in my view.

As far as the Mishin camp outbreak, I hope Kolyada especially doesn’t have it; given his history of sinus problems he seems like he’d be a candidate for long-term repercussions.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
:gallopin1 at its best worst.

Random note: With Guliakova WD (and likely getting a bye to nationals) all others move up in potential points, which seals Stasia's fate for nationals :(

I don't know. I think we have to expect a decent amount of withdrawls for nationals, too. I hope she can make it in, even as an alternate.

My bold prediction is she will perform her way into the final group for the LP at Nationals. :kickass: No comment on the LP at this time. :shuffle:

Mad for Skating

Go Nugu!! 💪 :love:

And great to have you back @Mad for Skating I know you just celebrated your birthday! Happy 18th:cheer2::cheer2:(And Lubov congratulated you on IG. You Queen:glamor:)

Happy B'day, @Mad for Skating! ❤️ 🍰

Congrats, @pinky166 on your marriage! ❤️💐🥂
I just logged in and finally saw these sweet birthday messages - thank you so much! (I really need to be more active on here again 😀).
Now that I’m a legal adult, Bossman will have to stop teasing me about being a baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information