#TeamTrainwreck 22: Every dark cloud has a pewter lining!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dobre

I haven't watched all of Rostelecom yet so I cannot catch up in this thread; but having made it through the men's event, I would just like to congratulate Aliev on having botched more significant footwork sequences in his career than possibly any other figure skater I can think of;).

J

Jeschke

I still had no time to watch men, but before I forget: Nugu! :encore:
This was not the best she skated all season; but based on recent injury and line-up, 5th place finish here is great 💪

I know I am biased here, but her lines and skills were absolutely superior in this field! :love:

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
Is it just me or are the music selections and choreography from Team Rukavicin this season not so great? Aliev is such a wonderful emotional skater, but that LP is so boilerplate and reminded me of an old Morisi program. :scream: He deserves better than that. Nugu's LP doesn't highlight her strengths and enhances her weaknesses. And while Ignatov's endurance actually seems improved, the LP is quite poor--worst version of Malade ever.

It all just seems so generic and it's not elevating the skaters at all. Particularly in contrast to the more inspired choreography/music (if not always tasteful) from team Mishin.

Do we need to arrange an intervention? ;)

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
I still had no time to watch men, but before I forget: Nugu! :encore:
This was not the best she skated all season; but based on recent injury and line-up, 5th place finish here is great 💪

I know I am biased here, but her lines and skills were absolutely superior in this field! :love:
She is lovely and skated quite well. I don’t care for this year’s FS much though, wish she would bring back the Nutcracker program or choose a different lyrical instrumental selection. She really shines with that kind of music.

J

Jeschke

#TeamRukavicin bad programs post
Totally agree here. I love Il Volo for Aliev, but just because I love schmaltz, but that program goes nowhere.
Nugu works best classic, as shown in SP, so I really don't get this 'modern' approach for her.

Tbh, I have a soft spot for Ignatov's JSM though. I love the final steps, just because he is wobbling around as he'd been an entire night in the bar of sunken dreams :40beers:

Elisheba

Miming with Medvedeva
Off topic, but the posters in this thread know everything and have salacious instagram posts about it, what is going on with Tursy? since she trains with Eteri I thought she might be at Rostelecom.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Off topic, but the posters in this thread know everything and have salacious instagram posts about it, what is going on with Tursy? since she trains with Eteri I thought she might be at Rostelecom.
I think she just got back on the ice very recently

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
I'm really proud of Nugu. What a lovely GP debut! :40beers:

She joins a short, but proud list of recent Russian ladies who have only had 1 GP.
-Guliakova (but I hope she gets one next season, too; GP medalists should be an automatic in)
-Mikhailova
-Stavitskaia

and considering who has never got one (Gubanova :fragile:, Tarusina, Fedichkina, Tarakanova, Proklova, Agafanova), that's quite an accomplishment!

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.

Ka3sha

@rfisher , you might be pleased to know that your tastes in skating are pretty similar to Savchenko’s: among athletes she is rooting for she named Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Kostornaia and Kolyada (added that she liked Aliev last year)

rfisher

Let the skating begin
@rfisher , you might be pleased to know that your tastes in skating are pretty similar to Savchenko’s: among athletes she is rooting for she named Pavluchenko/Khodykin, Kostornaia and Kolyada (added that she liked Aliev last year)
Trankov likes Daria as well. I just don't know which of the other three teams they are going to knock off the podium, although, I know which one I'd prefer it to be. :lol:

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
She has great taste! :respec:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information