#TeamTrainwreck 20: Large Caliber Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laney

What an emotional evening. I´d never expected Our Boy to have THAT great skate. His K&C totally got me. :wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed:wuzrobbedHe´s a worthy European Champion and I´m happy that at least ONE skater had the skate of his life today!
Love lil Artur, too! So cute :love: German commentator, Daniel Weiss (whom I killed at least 50 times this evening in my head) thought that the medal for Artur was bought by the Russian Federation... In his eyes, he was ways to overmarked. I´m happy he won the silver medal :love:
Happy for Morisi, too :giggle:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
@Jeschke and others... are you guys all going to do some US nationals recaps?

The Knierims ..... that is the best program I’ve ever seen them do. That was stunning!! And I’m surprised by Tarah and Danny, clair de lune on them is amazing

RoseRed

Bychenko is 12th and Gorodnitsky 17th so that's a total of 29 so I think they are down to one.
If you make the FS and place 17-24, it counts as 16 for spots. So 28.
What about France? Did they lose one? Adam had a fantastic comeback and managed to finish 11th (less then a point behind Samarin for 10th) but since Kevin didn't qualify for the free at all
Yes. Adam would have needed to be 10th to keep two, since skaters who miss the FS are counted as 18 for spot calculations.

pinky166

#allaboutthevoids #teamtrainwreck
I swear, I was screaming through all of Hamburg-Eimsbüttel when Danielian and Our Boy skated and won their well-deserved medals.
What a night of skating!

Love Danielian and it was so great to see Dima so on and dialed in! Let’s hope he keeps it up for worlds

AngieNikodinovLove

Damn I’m going into seven hours of figure skating watching at the moment. Now the ladies in the US start.

I just want to say I think Daniel Grassl was robbed

OK I feel better now

AngieNikodinovLove

He was second in the free...

He’s been on my radar since I started watching juniors. I think he is amazing

And is it just me or is Paul Fentz looking hotter

🧐

Maybe it’s because in the first time in a quite a long long time his clothes fit him very well. He must’ve got a gay stylist on his team

Vagabond

Copying here for those who don't have access to the Kiss and Cry or would not otherwise open the pertinent thread.

The Trainwreck Group's Prayer:

Skating gods, grant us the snark for this group,
To accept the train wrecks we cannot change,
To change fandoms (or to Euros) when we can,
And enough wine to get through it all

Yes, I have a bottle of wine for this group. It is not lost on me that they are playing gospel. This dj has heard our prayers.
🙏 :gallopin1 :nopryde:

NAOTMAA

Does Danielian have any chance of being named to the world team? This is the second competition in a row where Artur came out on top and Alexander was totally beyond lackluster (he was really poor at the GPF too so 3 competitions in a row for him being bad). Are they going to cling to Samarin or will they at least make (or pretend :rolleyes:) things are open and have a skate off at the Russian Cup Final?

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I suspect it will depend on Junior Nationals results, but they've got plenty of juniors to send to JR worlds. They want those JGP slots which they have a greater chance of getting than a medal at Worlds. But, then you never know who is going to rise to the occasion at worlds. They could send him to both junior and senor worlds. I don't think they'll send Samarin. They gave him Europeans to prove himself.

AngieNikodinovLove

I think for the second year in a row she was robbed in the SP. She should have finished 2nd :angryfire

Oh Dear Lord... dont get me started...its taking every bit of might to not hop over into US Ladies thread and b*tch!

She lost 3rd by like .05.... I honestly dont think any skater should be higher than her in choreography and interpretation.

Bell did have that freak fall in footwork and otherwise they had the same technical... so because this is the SP, I think Glenn should be in third or second.

Since she has fully been out of the closet she's never been better! :)

Last edited:

Amy L

I don't know what prompted this, but I heart it. Leave it to our boy to win Euroes and then nearly bust ass in the press conference.

Last edited:
S

SmallFairy

Our boy didn’t just win last night, he crushed nr.2 with 26 points :respec: I had to watch his skate again now, I was so nervous yesterday and so much was going on with all the other skaters, three spots for Italy++ I couldn’t take it all in.
Man, was he in the zone! He just kept pushing for it, every element, flying, sooooo good. 4z was <, the first 4t borderline, but everything else fine I think. His reaction afterwards was precious. And Rukavitsin’s too.

Dima’s always been our boy, with his special qualities of skating and performing, matched with his vulnerability. He’s leaving us in style, but he’s not really leaving us. He’ll always be our boy, even if he’s graduated from that team list. We’re so proud of you! You weren’t done in by a world of fun, but we are soon. Rest of Euros is just pleasure, we’re gonna party now, like it’s 2020!
#Graz4ever

S

SmallFairy

More on men later, my highlight of this Euros, since the competition was sooooo unpredictable, and full of favourites!

J

Jeschke

@Jeschke and others... are you guys all going to do some US nationals recaps?
Boss still rushed through as still feeling shitty. But here you go.

Short notes on 🇺🇸 Champs Senior Day 1:

Pairs
Knierims. Holy overscoring, I like that SP and this was really good but meh! Tbh, based on US's team selection the last few years they should not get that ticket to worlds this season without a 4CC's skateoff. Just my opinion.
Kayne/O'Shea. Happy for them. But well, based on the season ... and still no fan of either of their programs. Nor his (non-existing) hair.
C-G/LD. If they medal above D/F they should be given a worlds ticket. But not my cup of tea.
Calalang Johnson. I like.
Lu/Mitrofanov. Soft spot.
Denney/Frazier. Good lord 🆘 What will US fed do if they finish off podium here? They are the only one's deserving a worlds ticket going into this after this season. This might get :watch: and :drama: ! I still think they should be given 4CC! Slay the Lion King program!

Ladies
Tennell. Even I can't deny that was solid :p
Liu. Blah. Meh. Booh. (I kinda like the enthusiasm of the kid, but scoring just sucks)
Bell. I kinda like the steady progress and her consistency in the last years. Who would have thought soem years ago.
Glenn. Program of the night. I a still dreaming of worlds! :love:
Chen. Who cares about 3-2, this totally got mel I was in from the first second! Well done. Great score.
Hicks. Still out there 💪
Gold. Looking better than expected. Go girl!

Thanks @Braulio :40beers:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information