#TeamTrainwreck 20: Large Caliber Weapon

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jeschke

Being damn busy the weekend, finally caught up with 🇨🇦 Nationals:

Ice Dance
Could not care less. Happy for @levineismine 's L/L. Secretly I hoped S/W could miraculously push S/F off the podium, of course that did not happen.

Ladies
Czisny-2012-memorial-ride by Gabby at nationals. Again. :(
Finally Aliev seems to have some competition for POTS this season.
The rest: Well, happy for some 'new' faces. Impressed by anyone? No. (Sorry @alchemy void )

Pairs
M-T/M. Awesome set of programs this season for them. Suits them so swell. Love the new dress, wished it would just not be that revealing. Frontrunners in MEEPOTS with SP and FS. Still, lifts and twists are bothering me that much to be really into.
W./Michaud. Could not care less about this team, but he looks so damn hot. And even more with the longer hair :smokin:
I/B. They just don't 'wow' me. I loved her before, I really liked him, but this pairing. I can't help :( And her stumbling on the sbs's is still such a huge turn-off :( Of course I love her still.
B./Bardei. So much wasted pairs guy potential in him. So much :drama:
Stellato/D. Well, way a league above Zoe Jones but still :blah:, sorry.

Favourite Debbi quote douring Pairs FS: Bang on! 💥:rofl:

Men
Sadvosky. :love: I love this program to death, unfortunately it did not get to me this time. Felt very tensem focused, part-time rushed. Still I am happy as hell :love: Our CAN puppy did it. Lovely coach-skater-moment. (the Dornbush/Gambill, Miner/J/M memories :drama: ) So damn handsome in knc :love:
Nguyen. I like this vehicle for him, but he is such an on/off.
Messing. No one splats with the legs flipping over than him :rofl: I like this program for him. Totally off.
Phan. Ridiculous costume.
Nadeau. Hot as ****. Sitting in Salmon's cabin though 🆘
Orzel. Maybe focus on modelling :shuffle:

Team Selection
Usually I would bitch now, but with one spot only for men, well, skateoff seems almost fine for me. Romsky got great PCS internationally this seaosn. Hope this title is another confidence boost and he will secure this ticket at 4CC'. If not, well, this is another perfect episode of our :gallopin1 soap opera :D

Edit:
Almost forgot. Thanks so much @Braulio , over and over again! :40beers:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

J

Jeschke

Love the way Nazarov is fangirling Schott lately :rofl:
Boy knows where he belongs to (even after Khuda kicked him :drama: )

S

SmallFairy

I’m so excited for Euros!
As was written in the German thread, Hase/Seegert could finish top 5, it will be a great achievement, even 4th is possible. Should they win a medal I’d go mental with happiness. Long shot, but don’t tell me Euros ain’t always full of those kind of wonderful upsets. (#sofiaeurochamp2019) (Seriously, I’ll be content if they skate two clean programs, and then see where it takes them)

Ziegler/Kiefer had gone back to their fab ‘Thousand miles’ SP, if I understand the OES thread correctly. If they win a medal, I’d be soooo happy too, it would mean a lot to them on home ice, and after Ballister’s death. I’m rooting hard for them!

And btw....Boikova/Kozlovski for victory:respec:

S

SmallFairy

I’ll write more about other disciplines later, right now I’m all wrapped up in pairs, since they skate first.

@Jeschke Love your avatar!

And the touchy subject we already touched on to...Euros 2020 could be Our boy’s swan song on the team....be prepared! (Or be prepared for spin and footwork splat) :gallopin1🦢

Boss, are you ready? Samarin might win the thing!

If Kévin wins, he leaves too...but if he wins, Oh my😍😍😍

Colonel Green

J

Jeschke

DeathSpiraling

Here is Philippe Candeloro's take in Le Parisien where he speaks bluntly about the two cases which tarnish the image of France Figure Skating: "The Ciprés and Lecavalier cases dirty the skating environment" - loosely translated ...

"Laurine Lecavelier, 2017 French champion, has tested positive for cocaine. At 23, she faces a four-year suspension. And Morgan Ciprès, 28-year-old Frenchman is involved in a moral affair in the United States, where he trains. The 2019 European champion is suspected of having sent two photos of his penis in 2017 to a 13-year-old girl, before apologizing. These are two bad deals that dirty the environment. Not everything is excusable. Morgan tried to explain but it was something that would follow him for a very long time. He seems to have admitted the facts by apologizing. Only, in the United States, this kind of case hurts and does not go away. I am very disappointed ... for him because I like him. But he's no longer a kid, he should have thought before sending.

Morgan's coaches are also in the crosshairs ... they tried to cover up the business before the Games in Pyeongchang in 2018. The consequences are likely, alas, to fall on Kevin Aymoz.

Are you surprised by Laurine Lecavelier's positive control? It's a mind-blowing affair! We didn't expect that from her. Was she doped? Did she want to have fun or was she drugged without her knowing? Laurine deserves better, it pisses me off ... for her, because the damage is done. I hope she will be cleared of all suspicion for the rest of her career..."

SamuraiK

So what happened to Samohin and Shmuratko? They are no longer on Euro entries list.
And NO ESP guy after 7 euro titles for Javi? Yikes.

alchemy void

Post-its for the win.
The rest: Well, happy for some 'new' faces. Impressed by anyone? No. (Sorry @alchemy void )

Come on, if you had a skater like Schizas winning silver at GER nationals you'd be orgasming all over the thread. :p And plus I'm happy for Joanne McLeod's return to prominance. Next year: Hongo. 💪

I love your avatar.

Canadians....shame on me, I don’t know anything about these ladies.

I really thought the medalists did a super job, but the rest of the competition was an unmitigated trainwreck. Even worse than German ladies. :scream:

Nadeau. Hot as ****. Sitting in Salmon's cabin though 🆘

I had the exact same thought. Did anyone else see Samohin's insta story this weekend when he took an ice bath? :love:

I’m so excited for Euros!

Me too. Although this is easily the most ambivalent I have been about the Russian ladies since the Doronina days. I do like Kostornaia, but still I'd much rather see Konstantinova bomb a SP or Samodurova mime her way through Burlesque or Zagitova's fun Cleopatra voids or anything from Tuktamysheva.

I'm waaay more excited to see if anyone can get challenge for bronze, and to see how the rest of the top 24 shake out. GO GRM AND MATOS!

S

SmallFairy

No Viking lady has the minimums, so our lone competitor is Comfy Balls! :gallopin1
He skated beautifully at Nationals, so I hope for a repeat in Graz. But without a 3a, could be be gone even after the SP?

BTW Can you get minimums at Nordics, is it a ratified competition? @Sylvia ? Or anyone? I’m hoping one of our younger girls will get the FS minimum for Junior worlds. The have the SP, but...
Oh, the trainwrecky state of Norwegian skating....😵

S

SmallFairy

@alchemy void I love your schedule for Euros vs US Nationals, but as I’m in Europe, the time difference makes me dizzy. I’ll try to work it out, knowing when Euros is on here.
GO BUNNY GIRL!!!!!🐰🐰🐰

S

SmallFairy

Btw my friend works with making TV-schedules for web and the menus on the TV. She is send photos for different programs to put on the program information. For Euros she got a photo of P/C, then one of Keegan and one of Karen Chen:lol: Soooo useful!
She can’t just use any photo because of copyrights, but we thought she should just photoshop Samarin’s head onto Keegan’s body...

J

Jeschke

So what happened to Samohin and Shmuratko?
Shmuratko is off?
Oh no :wuzrobbed

I checked:
Nice encouraging-bro-call to Kokura.
I'm waaay more excited to see if anyone can get challenge for bronze
ISU answer
Others to watch include Alexia Paganini (SUI), Nicole Schott (GER), Ekaterina Kurakova (POL), Viktoriia Safonova (BLR) and Ekaterina Ryabova (AZE)
:watch:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information