Stockholm Worlds 2021 Update

once_upon

Better off than 2020
What does that mean? What if my country is banned from Sweden due to the number of cases in my country? Technically its because of virus.
Will ISU and host organising organization be solvent enough to refund? Isnt part of the purpose in advance sales to pay for incurred expenses prior to the event?

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
It seems pretty clear to me that tickets will be refunded if the event is canceled. If you cannot attend due to the BB, that will not be the organizers' problem. This is basically what I would expect. They cannot charge you for an event that was not held. If you, however, knowingly purchase tickets to an event where a worldwide situation may prevent you from attending and then said worldwide situation does prevent you from attending, the organization has no obligation to cover you in that case just like they would not cover an individual who could not attend for any other reason.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
What does that mean? What if my country is banned from Sweden due to the number of cases in my country? Technically its because of *****.
Will ISU and host organising organization be solvent enough to refund? Isnt part of the purpose in advance sales to pay for incurred expenses prior to the event?
It sounds like there will only be a refund if the entire even is canceled (not sure what happens if it happens without an audience). If your country is banned during the event you are likely out of luck as I doubt any travel insurance would cover it either.

gatorinfl

I hope and pray that the situation will be under control by then. I have been looking forward to Worlds for so long. I live in Stockholm.

If I do get to go, I hope that you will be able to give advice on where to stay and public transport.

Coincidentally, I was supposed to make my first trip to Stockholm (and Copenhagen) this month, actually leaving today. I’m in the U.S. so there was no chance for the trip. So I’m HOPING to visit Stockholm for Worlds 2021.

gatorinfl

Montreal Worlds was supposed to be my first Worlds. I had an all-event ticket. But I saw that some individual tickets were as good or better than my all-event ticket. That makes me confident that waiting to buy Stockholm tickets will be OK. No way will I buy tickets until we know more.

whiteskates

If I do get to go, I hope that you will be able to give advice on where to stay and public transport.

Coincidentally, I was supposed to make my first trip to Stockholm (and Copenhagen) this month, actually leaving today. I’m in the U.S. so there was no chance for the trip. So I’m HOPING to visit Stockholm for Worlds 2021.

Very unlucky! Stockholm is very beautiful in summer if the weather is good. Hope we can welcome you for Worlds. I will be happy to help with any information you may need. It far too early now though and like most people on this board I won’t buy any ticket yet.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Denmark withdraws from hosting the 2021 Artistic Gymnastics World Championships
07/07/2020

The Danish Gymnastics Federation has informed the FIG of its withdrawal from hosting the 50th World Artistic Gymnastics Championships, due to be held in Copenhagen in October 2021.
The FIG Executive Committee (EC) has taken note of this decision and has expressed its regret and disappointment. The EC will shortly consider all consequences resulting from this situation, including the launch of a new bidding procedure for this event.

Sylvia

TBD
Forbes article: https://tinyurl.com/y78w4y66
Excerpt:
“Our study shows that individually driven infection-control measures can have a substantial effect on national outcomes, and we see Sweden as a good example of this case,” said co-auth0r Peter Kasson from the University of Virginia School of Medicine and Uppsala University. “Higher levels of individual action would further suppress the infection, while a complete lack of individual action would likely have led to runaway infection, which, fortunately, hasn’t happened.”

The analysis finds that nearly a third of Swedish residents voluntarily self-isolated.

The result of the unique approach was less catastrophic than many predicted, despite the increased death rate. The country had three times as many deaths per capita compared to Denmark, Finland and Norway as of May 15, but it fared better than the United Kingdom and Spain while also lessening the economic impact of the pandemic.

Last edited:

_Lola_

[QUOTE = "Sylvia: Forbes: https://tinyurl.com/y78w4y66
[/ QUOTE]

I wonder, why do they use outdated data in the article? Things have changed since mid-May. Current statistics looks differently, according to WHO. Death toll in Sweden is 10-15 times higher than in Denmark, Finland and Norway (Sweden is twice bigger in size than these countries). There were articles in Scandinavian media that Swedish economy is dropping as significantly as neighboring economies, because it is integrated in the global economy.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
There were articles in Scandinavian media that Swedish economy is dropping as significantly as neighboring economies, because it is integrated in the global economy.
And because it wasn't totally strong to start with.

lurvylurker

I don't have anything new to add, just a bit of info regarding ticket prices: An acquaintance who works in the tour business commented that the 2021 all-event ticket price is the most expensive world's all-event ticket he's ever seen, and he's been in the business 15+years. He said he wasn't going to offer a tour for Stockholm because he didn't think he'd get enough clients to make it worthwhile.

I didn't get a chance to ask him more about it (because the situation wasn't really conducive to asking for more detail, and I don't really know him that well), but if I recall correctly, Montreal's most expensive ticket was around $2k. I can't imagine spending the most money ever for the most uncertain event ever. :(

Foolhardy Ham Lint

I don't have anything new to add, just a bit of info regarding ticket prices: An acquaintance who works in the tour business commented that the 2021 all-event ticket price is the most expensive world's all-event ticket he's ever seen, and he's been in the business 15+years. He said he wasn't going to offer a tour for Stockholm because he didn't think he'd get enough clients to make it worthwhile.

I didn't get a chance to ask him more about it (because the situation wasn't really conducive to asking for more detail, and I don't really know him that well), but if I recall correctly, Montreal's most expensive ticket was around $2k. I can't imagine spending the most money ever for the most uncertain event ever. :(

I'm reminded of when the Australian dollar was really shitty over a decade back, and I bought an all event ticket to US Nationals. The conversion rate was through the roof!

DobrinFan

Price is only a smidge over $3K USD :shuffle: It was the all event ticket price listed in an email from JTB tour (some blog posted it).

Last edited:

Debbie S

I had no interest in Stockholm even before YKW, but I assume the $3K (which is beyond outrageous) is for the first couple of rows. The seats further back are presumably less?

I've been to 2 Worlds, DC and Boston. In DC, I paid $750 for 1st 5 rows that included exhibition. In Boston, I paid $700 for 13th row a bit off-center (but still good view). The only way I would pay over $1000 for a ticket is if my hotel and airfare were free/not needed.

DobrinFan

I had no interest in Stockholm even before YKW, but I assume the $3K (which is beyond outrageous) is for the first couple of rows. The seats further back are presumably less?

Yes they should be less but still quite expensive probably. We'll know soon since tickets supposedly go on sale this month.

whiteskates

Seems ridiculously expensive. We will know exacly when tickets go on sale on the 25th. Although I don’t have to pay for travel and ackommodation there is no way I will be able to pay that much. A piece of advice: If you decide to go, don’t get first row tickets! There are rails blockning the view from the first row.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!

I've been to 2 Worlds, DC and Boston. In DC, I paid $750 for 1st 5 rows that included exhibition. In Boston, I paid $700 for 13th row a bit off-center (but still good view). The only way I would pay over $1000 for a ticket is if my hotel and airfare were free/not needed.

This is Olympics type pricing. I paid in the thousands for a far-end (above KnC) seat for just the dance and ladies events in Vancouver 2010. Worth every penny...but that was Olympics...once in a lifetime experience.

Erin

Banned Member
It actually is an airport code. Kelowna, where Skate Canada was one year! :D

Not to continue straying too far off-topic, but Skate Canada was in Kelowna twice - 2014 and 2019 :D

On topic, I would love to go to Sweden for Worlds, even at the insane prices. But I’m not willing to put the money out with so much current uncertainty, so I have to hope the Fanyus don’t buy up everything. And that the world is in a better place by then.

Evilynn

((Swedish skating dudes))
From memory I think an all event ticket of the most expensive kind at Euros in Stockholm 2015 was ~750 usd, so 3000 USD for Worlds sounds absurd, unless it's a very small number of VIP tickets with extras attached to them or something. 3k USD is more than an average monthly salary (after tax) for a Swede, so I don't think there'd be a lot of those sold to locals at any rate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information