Sinéad O’Connor RIP

Cachoo

Having worked for the Catholics, I can tell you one thing: They ALWAYS blame the others for everything. Because they are "good" and serving "God".
In reality they are only serving themselves and whenever there is somebody who doesn't "fit in" they become the worst bullies.

I was actually attending the Catholic religion class in grammar school because my parents felt it was closer to the Russian-Orthodox church (I wasn't even baptized back then) and although I was the best in that class I only got a B. I asked the teacher about it. She was completely and utterly Catholic and her answer was: "It's because you don't go to church."

That was the moment my parents took me out of that religion class and had me transferred to the Protestant one.

Later on, when we went to Russia and me and my siblings were baptized in my dad's church (even his mother was baptized there, got married there and had her funeral there), the dude who baptized us told my dad that "Catholics are no real Christians".

I never forgot this sentence and I got to see this sentence being true almost everyday I got to work at this one particular school. Almost everyone among my colleagues was a devout Catholic and extremely self-righteous and also unfair towards the kids.
Oh my goodness!! Well as a former devout Catholic I am sorry you had those experiences. That teacher is a blight on all teachers.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Oh my goodness!! Well as a former devout Catholic I am sorry you had those experiences. That teacher is a blight on all teachers.
At the same time she would also leave her class to themselves in order to smoke a cigarette outside during lessons. But she was so "good" because she was soooooooo Catholic. And here we go with the hypocrites.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Ah, I just thought of my "favorite" memory of my former vice principal who is a very very very devout Catholic.

I was told by quite a few pupils that one of their classmates was showing and sending around videos of how a girl had...let's say "an oral exam" with him.

Both were underage and the video was being sent around through the city. Other kids told my colleague at the same time and we immediately went to the social worker who talked to the principal first and then called the police. It turned out that that boy had already committed several crimes and as soon as we had reported it more reports came in regarding sexual abuse.

The vice principal (later on to become the principal and making my life hell) and the class teacher were like: "Why? It didn't happen during class."

The teacher didn't even want to be present during the hearing of this boy because she was so scared of the Albanian interpreter who had to be there because the parents couldn't speak German.

Last edited:

Cachoo

Ah, I just thought of my "favorite" memory of my former vice principal who is a very very very devout Catholic.

I was told by quite a few pupils that one of their classmates was showing and sending around videos of how a girl had...let's say "an oral exam" with him.

Both were underage and the video was being sent around through the city. Other kids told my colleague at the same time and we immediately went to the social worker who talked to the principal first and then called the police. It turned out that that boy had already committed several crimes and as soon as we had reported it more reports came in regarding sexual abuse.

The vice principal (later on to become the principal and making my life hell) and the class teacher were like: "Why? It didn't happen during class."

The teacher didn't even want to be present during the hearing of this boy because she was so scared of the Albanian interpreter who had to be there because the parents couldn't sppeak German.
That is just so warped. I'm glad you and your colleague did something. I suspect your actions saved other girls from this abuse.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
That is just so warped. I'm glad you and your colleague did something. I suspect your actions saved other girls from this abuse.
Dude got the boot from that private Catholic school.
Then I was under their watch because I caused them "more" work with the entire issue.

But I had my revenge in the end.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
According to DailyMail, she was buried at Deansgrange Cemetery.

The next time I get to go to Dublin, I will definitely visit her grave to pay my respects.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
The funeral took place earlier today.

I actually could have slept longer, but woke up in time to watch the procession without any alarm clock set.
The same thing happened when Denis Ten had his funeral. Crazy.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Finally got round to reading Sinead O’Connor’s book “Rememberings” and it was really candid and funny. Also poignant at one point that she wrote about her intention to live a long life. :(

Interesting anecdote about the controversy around her “refusal” to have the Star Spangled Banner played before one of her gigs in New Jersey in 1990.

Colleen

I was in Ireland when the news broke about Sinead - such a shock. A busker in Galway sang 'Nothing Compares to U' and many in the crowd were in tears, me included. In Dublin the words 'Nothing Compares to You' were running across the Beckett Bridge - a beautiful tribute.

Such a talent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information