Sinéad O’Connor RIP

Judy

Wow. Still so young. She’s not someone I’ve thought of for a long time but I remember her very well too 😔.

beautiful voice 😔😢.

Private Citizen

"PC." Pronouns: none/none
In a time when the word has lost all meaning, worth noting that Sinéad was well and truly cancelled for speaking the truth.

This is one area where you and I agree strongly. I remember that incident so well. I sat through lectures about it in Catholic school and around the dinner table, silently thinking to myself what a hero she was. Even at 12, I knew she was right.

What a difficult and sad life she has had. I wish her and her family peace. RIP Sinead.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Heartbroken. I don't think I would have gotten through my first year away at university without blasting the cassette of "The Lion and The Cobra" that I got at the local Irish import shop. Rest in peace Sinead :(

PeterG

Crushed. Absolutely crushed. :fragile:

She was so talented, yet so troubled. I always admired her.
I guess she couldn't deal with the suicide of her son 1,5 years ago.

Personally, I would say she was abused rather than she was troubled. As for how and/or why she died, I would never be so brazen as to guess as to the ways in which the death of a person's child affected them.

Heartbroken. I don't think I would have gotten through my first year away at university without blasting the cassette of "The Lion and The Cobra" that I got at the local Irish import shop. Rest in peace Sinead :(

That album was amazing. I first heard the lead single, "Troy" at the same time I saw the video. I was floored. Astonishingly brilliant.

Troy by Sinead O'Connor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4v7fp5GC8

Last edited:

Rob

Beach Bum
Crushed. Absolutely crushed. :fragile:

Personally, I would say she was abused rather than she was troubled. As for how and/or why she died, I would never be so brazen as to guess as to the ways in which the death of a person's child affected them.

That album was brilliant. I first heard the lead single, "Troy" at the same time I saw the video. I was floored. Astonishingly brilliant.

Troy by Sinead O'Connor: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0c4v7fp5GC8
I love that song. I think I wore out my cassette of that album in my Walkman. She was amazing and brave. RIP.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
The only thing that mitigates this sadness is the knowledge that hopefully her spirit will now find some peace.

She changed the world.

Nothing has ever compared to the Last Day of our Acquaintance for me. You might say it walked so Jagged Little Pill could run, but I found it more powerful it it's own way.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
The only thing that mitigates this sadness is the knowledge that hopefully her spirit will now find some peace.

She changed the world.

Nothing has ever compared to the Last Day of our Acquaintance for me. You might say it walked so Jagged Little Pill could run, but I found it more powerful it it's own way.
What an incredible performance.

Lynn226

I had forgotten Nothing Compares to You was originally a Prince song. That was her song though. That's a great cover - when someone forgets someone sang the song before you, especially another great artist.

May her memory be for a blessing.

Sinead:

Prince:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information