Russian figure skating news in 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuri

More confirmation that Natalya Linichuk has returned to Russia to continue her coaching career after nearly three decades in the USA.

Anzhelika Krylova, a student of Linichuk and Karponosov, rejoiced at the return of Natalia Vladimirovna to Russia. Angelica herself some time ago also began coaching in Moscow, and now one of the most promising Russian couples, Vasilisa Kaganovskaya / Valery Angelopol, is working with her. “I am glad that Natalya Vladimirovna Linichuk has arrived, this news was told to me by journalists. Of course, I was surprised, because I did not hear any information about her return. A coach of such a high level, of course, can contribute to the development of Russian ice dancing, ”Krylova told TASS.

caseyedwards

More confirmation that Natalya Linichuk has returned to Russia to continue her coaching career after nearly three decades in the USA.

it seemed like her career ended after 2009-2010 and the disasters she had with her top teams

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
SteBukin plan to come back (what on earth for??? Or the rumour about the Russians coming back to the competition is true and 3 quotas are needed)?
Ksenia Sinitsina has a stress fracture.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Kostomarov’s condition apparently worsened. I’m seeing several Instagram posts from Russian athletes today supporting him and translating into things like ‘don’t give up’.

Bigbird

Ugh, I lost a friend a few years ago to a similar sequence of illnesses. Friend was significantly older and had a major complicating condition, but still . . .
But how do we know these reports are even true? Can we trust the source? We've heard nothing from Oksana herself, right? Is he still in a coma? Can his weakened body really deal with all these operations? If he were not a famous figure skater would all of these operations be going on? Will Russia finally institute some protocols? So many athletes were sick in the last couple of weeks. It just sounds like a movie, like this isn't real. Sigh.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
But how do we know these reports are even true? Can we trust the source? We've heard nothing from Oksana herself, right? Is he still in a coma? Can his weakened body really deal with all these operations? If he were not a famous figure skater would all of these operations be going on? Will Russia finally institute some protocols? So many athletes were sick in the last couple of weeks. It just sounds like a movie, like this isn't real. Sigh.
Well, Kostomarov did some shows while sick and having a fever and allegedly went swimming in a frozen lake and then his condition escalated quickly...and since all the Russian figure skaters are posting "Get well" stuff directed at him and his family, I think this is legit.
And I fully understand the silence from Domnina in this case. She has other things to worry about than going public with this tragedy which is public already.

Primorskaya

Uh? What would the point of such a crazy mystification be?

Amy L

But how do we know these reports are even true? Can we trust the source? We've heard nothing from Oksana herself, right?
Why would you expect anything from Oksana? Her husband is gravely ill and she has two kids to take care of, and they're all probably terrified. She either doesn't have the time or the brain space to make a public statement. If she has an agent, maybe they'll say something on her behalf, but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.

Bigbird

Why would you expect anything from Oksana? Her husband is gravely ill and she has two kids to take care of, and they're all probably terrified. She either doesn't have the time or the brain space to make a public statement. If she has an agent, maybe they'll say something on her behalf, but I wouldn't expect anything more than that.
It just strikes me as crazy. If this is true, isn't it private? How can you just print info like that? Just my impressions. It could be highly likely things are not as dreary as they make it out to be.

tony

It just strikes me as crazy. If this is true, isn't it private? How can you just print info like that? Just my impressions. It could be highly likely things are not as dreary as they make it out to be.
I'm sorry, but why would anybody report anything as drastic as amputations in a time like this with the things Russia has going on? And why Kostomarov? His health problems have been known for a long while now.

And since the Russian skating community all knows about it, I'm sure the news traveled quickly to the media.

Amy L

Peter Tchernyshev's wife (who is a famous actress in her own right) was rumored to be on her death bed a few years ago, but then everything went quiet. She's apparently still alive, but hasn't been seen in public in a long time. If things aren't that serious like you think, then it will whittle down eventually and maybe he'll be out in public himself. Right now other skaters are spreading the info themselves, and they would have at least seen him be sick/performing at the beginning of the ordeal.

If it is as serious as the reports, then Oksana probably is too upset and/or too busy with the kids to say something personally. Wouldn't this kind of point to it being true? If things weren't as dire, she'd be more available to say "He still has feet, y'all need to shut up." but she isn't so... 🤷‍♀️

Bigbird

Peter Tchernyshev's wife (who is a famous actress in her own right) was rumored to be on her death bed a few years ago, but then everything went quiet. She's apparently still alive, but hasn't been seen in public in a long time. If things aren't that serious like you think, then it will whittle down eventually and maybe he'll be out in public himself. Right now other skaters are spreading the info themselves, and they would have at least seen him be sick/performing at the beginning of the ordeal.

If it is as serious as the reports, then Oksana probably is too upset and/or too busy with the kids to say something personally. Wouldn't this kind of point to it being true? If things weren't as dire, she'd be more available to say "He still has feet, y'all need to shut up." but she isn't so... 🤷‍♀️
Maybe it's just denial on my part. This is so sad. He and Oksana have two lovely kids. They just finished Ice Age, the shows with Averbuch etc. It's just crazy to think with all his fortune and family he'd be so reckless with his life. Are there any skaters who've recovered from such an illness to skate again?

tony

Maybe it's just denial on my part. This is so sad. He and Oksana have two lovely kids. They just finished Ice Age, the shows with Averbuch etc. It's just crazy to think with all his fortune and family he'd be so reckless with his life. Are there any skaters who've recovered from such an illness to skate again?
Is there potentially a miscommunication going on here? If both feet were amputated, he has a long road ahead with just normal activities of daily living before even getting to the possible advanced technology to get him walking again.

greenapple

Peter Tchernyshev's wife (who is a famous actress in her own right) was rumored to be on her death bed a few years ago, but then everything went quiet. She's apparently still alive, but hasn't been seen in public in a long time.
What is going on with Peter and his wife is a mystery. No one has heard from him for months despite many messages and emails that have been sent to him.

Nadya

The same source is reporting he regained conscience, and is feeling better. Still in intensive care, and his medical team is fighting to preserve his hands.

How awful if he were to lose both hands and feet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information