Russian figure skating news in 2024

Sylvia

TBD
2024 Russian Senior Nationals results (December 20-24, 2023 in Chelyabinsk): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2024_Russian_Figure_Skating_Championships#Results

From the previous thread - my post was on March 7, 2024:
Vladislav Dikidzhi, 19 (http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00111176.htm), just shared clips of his 4A landed in practice: https://www.instagram.com/p/C4N74vnIIKR/
He's really come into his own this season. I'd read that he was practicing the jump, but I'm curious if Semenenko or Gumennik are, especially Semenenko as Gumennik sometimes still has issues with the 3A. If Dikidzhi gets this to at least 50% success, I'm sure Mishin will consider this. It was inevitable after Malinin that others would master the jump.
You know it's an off season when the Russian ice dancing teams start breaking up.
Shanaeva/Drozd are done (erm.. I didn't even realize they were skating together).

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Bobrova gave birth to her second son
Sotnikova got engaged to a tennis player Popko (I have no clue whether he is her child's father)

aliona22

Popko is handsome. Maybe a good thing the fortune tellers weren’t able to bring her boyfriend back!

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Not sure where this best belongs, but Nazarychev is still touring with cruise ships in the US and he learned the backflip recently. On his IG story today, he did a 2A+Euler+backflip

Adam’s gonna get ideas ;)

Sylvia

TBD
I heard Annabelle Morozov/Igor Eremenko are performing their 2023-24 programs -- Queen medley RD & "Clair de Lune" FD today (April 6) in an exhibition in the SeatGeek Rink of the newly opened Baptist Health Iceplex in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

MountainSpring

Hmmm...not sure how that's going to help his jump consistency which is a pity because his skating is beautiful otherwise.
I guess nobody like the feeling of being treated as an unfavorite child. At least Rukavitsin treats his athletes warmly.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I guess nobody like the feeling of being treated as an unfavorite child. At least Rukavitsin treats his athletes warmly.
No doubt Semenenko is the fair-haired boy at this time as he clearly has the best results of all the Mishin skaters. Lutfullin is my personal fav, but he has the same issues as Matvie. I just don't think he's going to get the results he wants by moving to Rukavitsin. :(

MountainSpring

No doubt Semenenko is the fair-haired boy at this time as he clearly has the best results of all the Mishin skaters. Lutfullin is my personal fav, but he has the same issues as Matvie. I just don't think he's going to get the results he wants by moving to Rukavitsin. :(
I, too, prefer Lutfullin's jumping technique and skating style among all Mishin's boys. But unfortunately, more often than not, it's technical contents and consistency but not quality and skating skills are rewarded in the form of GOE and CoP.

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Semenenko is injured after attempting a 4A.
Mishina/Galliamov are attempting quad elements (if I understand correctly - a throw)
Gumennik is working on a 4A.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Semenenko is injured after attempting a 4A.
Mishina/Galliamov are attempting quad elements (if I understand correctly - a throw)
Gumennik is working on a 4A.
So is Dikidzhi. Artemeva/Briukhanov had several successful 4twists in competition last season.

irenemulindwairen

In poor taste and rather dreary as was the entire event, with few exceptions notably, Aliev Dmitry, Kag/Nek, Tuktik, Sinitsyna, Kolyada and wife.....but oh so dreary. Also, does Stepanova plan to starve herself to oblivion? SighI
Watched tthe show and it was iindeed trashy. Cannot wait to see what Kaganovskaya and Nekrassov will do this coming season. As for Stepanova, typical expectation of Russian female skaters . Forget about a healthy look especially if you are in Zhulin's group. No wonder Shanaeva left the the group after her split from Drozd.

Bigbird

Watched tthe show and it was iindeed trashy. Cannot wait to see what Kaganovskaya and Nekrassov will do this coming season. As for Stepanova, typical expectation of Russian female skaters . Forget about a healthy look especially if you are in Zhulin's group. No wonder Shanaeva left the the group after her split from Drozd.
I so liked her when she skated with Narhizny?? She had a spark, but with Zhulin, its a one size fits all sort of vibe. So what can they do? They either stay and become another cut out or they leave to find someone who brings out the best in THEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information