Royalty Thread #16: the best of times, the worst of times

MsZem

I see the sea
Let's start with something positive and hope for more to come:

And somewhat belatedly:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Not to be a downer but my 1st post from the old thread: What I have to say is both factual & kind of speculation (based on knowledge I gained thru my own experiences). I never said I was a doctor or even played one on TV.

MsZem

I see the sea
Not to be a downer but my 1st post from the old thread: What I have to say is both factual & kind of speculation (based on knowledge I gained thru my own experiences). I never said I was a doctor or even played one on TV.
I think it may be a good idea to have a separate thread for medical discussions, perhaps in a less public section of this forum.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I don't think there's anything wrong with people sharing their personal experiences with cancer or other illness. This is a discussion board, not a news site.

And goodness knows in these threads and many others, we've all offered our opinions about many things in which we are little more than armchair critics and Monday morning quarterbacks. :)

MsZem

I see the sea
I don't think there's anything wrong with people sharing their personal experiences with cancer or other illness. This is a discussion board, not a news site.
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, either, but it's not something I particularly want to engage in myself, and it's not the topic of this thread. So, as I wrote: why not have a dedicated thread for that?

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
I don't think there's anything wrong with it, either, but it's not something I particularly want to engage in myself, and it's not the topic of this thread. So, as I wrote: why not have a dedicated thread for that?
You're free to start one, are you not?

MsZem

I see the sea
You're free to start one, are you not?
Why would I start a thread to discuss things I don't want to discuss? :confused:

Look, I understand that many people have dealt and are dealing with serious medical conditions, and that there's value in talking about it and getting support and information from others. But... that's not the point of the royalty thread?

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Why would I start a thread to discuss things I don't want to discuss? :confused:

Look, I understand that many people have dealt and are dealing with serious medical conditions, and that there's value in talking about it and getting support and information from others. But... that's not the point of the royalty thread?
To act on your own suggestion of creating a separate discussion space for such posts to facilitate not having such posts in this thread. Be the change you want to see, in other words.

Do as you please, by all means.

puglover

Back some 5 months ago or so Rebecca English wrote a very touching article for the Daily Mail entitled "Charlies Angels". It has been updated and reprinted with the new situation for Princess Catherine. Anyway, she pays huge credit to the women carrying on and meeting so many of the demands on the royals. She mentions that women have been some of the mightiest monarchs from Victoria to Elizabeth and not only earned their place in the history books but actually defined an age. There will now likely not be another female monarch for 3 generations.

These modern day women displaying such strength and determination she names as: Sophie, Duchess of Edinburgh, Anne, Princess Royal, Queen Camilla, and Princess Catherine. She goes on to mention the many qualities she has come to so admire as she has travelled the world with them and gotten to know them.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
No one is discussing their medical issues in order to get support here. They are posting them as part of their speculation on what is going on with Kate. They completely belong here and there is no need to start another thread unless someone wants to for other reasons.

Vagabond

We have separate threads for Prince Andrew and Prince Harry so that people who follow this thread don't have to deal with posts in those subjects. Someone could start a thread on the narrow topic of the Princess of Wales' cancer diagnosis.

Tesla

Whippet Good
We have separate threads for Prince Andrew and Prince Harry so that people who follow this thread don't have to deal with posts in those subjects. Someone could start a thread on the narrow topic of the Princess of Wales' cancer diagnosis.
Then why not make separate threads for all the royals? Andrew and Harry are no longer in the in the inner circle. Princess Catherine is. Or, just skip the posts you don't want to read.

Vagabond

Then why not make separate threads for all the royals? Andrew and Harry are no longer in the in the inner circle. Princess Catherine is. Or, just skip the posts you don't want to read.
I was making the suggestion for a particular poster who has repeatedly indicated that she visits this thread for things like tiaras and gowns, not cancer or family feuds. Whether she chooses to follow the suggestion is up to her.

Tesla

Whippet Good
I was making the suggestion for a particular poster who has repeatedly indicated that she visits this thread for things like tiaras and gowns, not cancer or family feuds. Whether she chooses to follow the suggestion is up to her.
I'm sorry. I misunderstood your post.

ballettmaus

To be fair, there's a difference between discussing Kate's medical journey and one's personal experience with illness or discussing one's personal experience with illness as it relates to Kate and her illness. As we have limited information on Kate, to me, the posts read more like sharing personal experiences than relating it to Kate, too. 🤷‍♀️

cygnus

I know but they are one of the better gossip magazines. They did break the Duggar craziness.
Really? I don't read it, but I look at the covers when I'm in the grocery lineup. Apparently Kate was pregnant last September, Charles in going to abdicate (December), Taylor Swift is engaged (at least 4 covers in the last few months), Meghan was pregnant last May, Jennifer Aniston is having a baby (over a year ago)etc. The Duggar craziness has been on Youtube since long before In Touch covered it. I don't believe anything on its cover unless it's confirmed elsewhere.

skategal

Bunny mama
It shouldn’t be a surprise that his funeral is planned.

I’m pretty sure that this is something that gets done early on for a monarch because who knows when anyone could die, right?

I mean heart attack is the biggest killer of men and there is usually no prior warning for that happening so they have to be prepared.

airgelaal

Tesla

Whippet Good
I actually wasn’t referring to the funeral preparations. The article mentions the type of cancer he may have. I was wondering about its accuracy. In Touch got the redacted reports regarding what Josh Duggar did. They confirmed all the rumors. I hope the information about King Charles isn’t true. I guess we’ll wait and see.

Vagabond

It’s time to put to bed rumors that King Charles III has died, speculation that has surely been fueled by his recent cancer diagnosis and the fumbled communications about Catherine, Princess of Wales, leading up to the disclosure of her own cancer diagnosis. According to Buckingham Palace, the king is alive — and seemingly healthy enough to host a fashion show.
🤔 I wonder whether In Touch Weekly will cover it.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I sometimes read Yahoo news because they have AITA articles (my guilty pleasure). Today it did have an article that KC has pancreatic cancer & that he has 2 yrs or less to live. I didn't notice where they got their info & I can't find the article now. Some of their reports come from AP or some more reliable source but definitely not all.

Barbara Manatee

I saw that article too, but the other quotes in it make it clear the "palace insiders" aren't legit.

Queen Camilla is said to be frustrated by Charles’ declining health and weakened status.

“Behind the scenes, Camilla is disgusted by the king’s apparent weakness and is providing him little comfort as he battles his fatal cancer,” a palace courtier told In Touch"

Obviously nothing Camilla would ever feel or say.

If any details of the type of cancer or prognosis is out, no one in traditional media is reporting it. Perhaps the trolls have just come up with a new tactic now that "where's Kate" is off the table.

mattiecat13

I’ve followed the royal family since the Lady Diana days and highlights from my trip to London last fall were a tour of Buckingham Palace and a visit to the Princess Diana memorial garden at Kensington Palace. I’m so incredibly sad about what they are going through right now: Charles’ and Kates’ cancer diagnosis; the estrangement of William and Harry; Charles’ diagnosis right after he became King after decades of waiting; William dealing with it all and how it affects his and Catherine’s children. It’s truly sad what that are going through right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information