Royalty thread #14: Platinum edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiecat13

It's very strange that she would be fine on Monday (at least enough to stand and take pictures), and then suddenly not fine on Thursday without some kind of major medical event that would require hospitalization. Unless something sudden happened today, she's already gone, and they're just waiting for the family to arrive. Or maybe, as some have speculated, she had an undisclosed illness that the family has known about for awhile.
I wondered that, too, @Louis. Perhaps she's been terminal for a while but the family kept it quiet.

becca

She met with the PMs on Tuesday, which makes the timeline even shorter. Some people on a royalty forum I participate in have commented that there was a large purple bruise on her hand in the pics released on Tuesday, which is indicative of poor circulation. Additionally, some have noted that it was significant that only still photos were released. Compared to how she looked in July, when we last had video footage of her, she's clearly lost weight in the last two months.

You could be right that she is already gone and they're just waiting for family to arrive. I guess we'll just have to see what is stated in the next announcement from BP.
I would like to think they wouldn’t put her family and the British people through this public spectacle if she hadn’t passed or wasn’t ready to.

She is 96 years old her health has been understandably fading it’s not really shocking. That it could be this quick. And yes why tell the public her private medical details.

antmanb

A colleague who has a :sekret: friend who would be involved in locking down Edinburgh for the Queen to lie in state there for a week on her passing has been told things are imminent and to not expect to go home tonight.

I too wonder if she’s already passed and we’re simply waiting for the announcement to be made once all the family are there.

mattiecat13

A colleague who has a :sekret: friend who would be involved in locking down Edinburgh for the Queen to lie in state there for a week on her passing has been told things are imminent and to not expect to go home tonight.

I too wonder if she’s already passed and we’re simply waiting for the announcement to be made once all the family are there.
Who are they waiting for? Harry? I saw video of William arriving along with Andrew, Edward and Sophie.

antmanb

Who are they waiting for? Harry? I saw video of William arriving along with Andrew, Edward and Sophie.
I’ve been in meetings all afternoon so I don’t know. I don’t think Harry is there yet and I’ve not heard any mention of Anne.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member

Not waiting for Harry to get there would be another whole series of :drama: for weeks and they know that. That’s what I think they’re waiting for.

The bruise on her hand is typical of an infiltrated IV line, as I know from sad experience.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I’ve been in meetings all afternoon so I don’t know. I don’t think Harry is there yet and I’ve not heard any mention of Anne.
Anne was already there - she had been attending some "games" in Scotland in the past few days.

becca

Not waiting for Harry to get there would be another whole series of :drama: for weeks and they know that. That’s what I think they’re waiting for.

The bruise on her hand is typical of an infiltrated IV line, as I know from sad experience.
Which means she was quietly working literally up to the end. Wow. And way to much.

DFJ

The photo of William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie in the car is very sad. The look on their faces is pretty grim.

I'm a little surprised at how sad I am about all of this. Maybe because I'm a Canadian.

Finnice

If
The photo of William, Andrew, Edward and Sophie in the car is very sad. The look on their faces is pretty grim.

I'm a little surprised at how sad I am about all of this. Maybe because I'm a Canadian.
I am a Finn. I am sad, too. Quite a many of my countrypeople are. Queen Elizabeth II is such a part of our common history, that this makes people sad.

antmanb

I’m already fed up with the pointless repetition on BBC1. They have nothing to say and no new news so they’re just saying the same things over and over.

becca

I wondered that, too, @Louis. Perhaps she's been terminal for a while but the family kept it quiet.
It makes sense to not say anything can you imagine if this was known for months the kind of standstill it would lead to?

Better to let people know after tne
Fact or very close to it.

She has lived such a long life and I hope she is not in pain.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
It is likely she used the last of her energy for the photo op with the new PM. She's always done her duty. The news said Harry is coming alone. Kind of sad for him. I feel for all the family for the coming days. It's enough to grieve, but to have to do it with the world watching and waiting for anything to put on the gossip rags is something I can't imagine

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I’m already fed up with the pointless repetition on BBC1. They have nothing to say and no new news so they’re just saying the same things over and over.
Same with Sky, which I have on in the background while watching the JGP men's short programs.

Judy

It's very strange that she would be fine on Monday (at least enough to stand and take pictures), and then suddenly not fine on Thursday without some kind of major medical event that would require hospitalization. Unless something sudden happened today, she's already gone, and they're just waiting for the family to arrive. Or maybe, as some have speculated, she had an undisclosed illness that the family has known about for awhile.

I'm a bit :angryfire at the people who have gathered at Balmoral. FFS, give the family some privacy.

When I moved to the UK, I always hoped she'd live long enough to be the monarch when I became a citizen. At least I got to stand next to her picture, swear my oath to her, and have a passport in her name.
I think her health was declining for quite so time. She has looked so frail.
I’m very, very sad. She hasn’t passed yet .. waiting for family I’m sure.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I had BBC News (via VPN) on my iPad. There was a pause and I knew what was going to come. :( RIP.
I've had BBC (World) on since just before 7 a.m. - that was before the first announcement came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information