Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I can't remember who said he looks like Harry but I thought he looks like Meghan.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ I think Archie has Harry's coloring, forehead, ears and perhaps overall head shape. At this point, Archie appears to have his mother's eyes, nose and lips, especially his lower lip is very full. Harry's eyes are much closer together. Archie's eyes are spaced like his mother's and the Raglands. His eyes may even resemble his great-grandfather Ragland's eyes. But I'll give Archie a bit more time to grow up and fill out. He's a cutie. In the video with M&H talking with the Tutus, Meghan refers to Archie as, "an old soul." :) Pictures of Harry held by Diana juxtaposed with pictures of Archie held by Meghan definitely suggest a strong resemblance at this stage of babyhood. But looking closer, one can pick out the subtle differences.

Can we at least pretend this is the royalty thread and not the Archie thread? He's not even a prince! At least call it Archie et al. ;)

Exactly. I mean the thread title is not even going to wear or fare well. Archie is a growing baby, and he will soon be sporting a much fuller head of hair. :drama:

I prefer your original new thread title suggestion @Zemgirl: Toddlers and Tiaras. That's the best and most inclusive title IMO, and at this stage of royal provenance, it seems most relevant.

As far as Archie not being a prince, I don't think Harry wishes his son to hold any royal titles, since he himself felt so burdened by being called a prince when he was growing up. When Prince Charles inherits the throne, Archie technically will have the right to be titled HRH Prince, but once again Harry may wish to decline that lofty moniker for his son. Mayhap Harry and Meghan will allow Archie to decide. It's all part of this new adventure of modern royals and what royalty actually means and should stand for in the world.

There's no doubt that Archie is heir to the Duke of Sussex title, but that isn't likely to happen until he is well into adulthood with a family of his own, obviously. It will be interesting to see if Harry and Meghan also continue to forego Archie being known by his rightful courtesy title: Earl of Dumbarton. Frankly, I love that he's simply Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor. That's enough of a significant and prestigious handful of a name. :D

In one of the videos, as the Sussexes are walking to meet the Tutus, Harry leans over with a smile and says, "Arch." And Archie responds with a delighted laugh. This is one beautiful, remarkable family. I wish them all the best.

Last edited:

Vagabond

How can I change the title?
You can select the Edit Thread title function in Post #1 within 24 hours of creating the thread.

I would suggest "Everything's Archie" or "Archie and Betty and Veronica" as replacement titles, but I don't think either of those would satisfy @Zemgirl . 🤷‍♂️

aftershocks

Banned Member
Toddlers and Tiaras!!!

canbelto said:
And he does appear to have red hair!

Exactly.

Vagabond said:

Obviously in different light settings, Archie's strands of hair look a bit darker, eh. But we are only seeing photos and videos at this stage, not live and in-person. I suggest we ask Desmond Tutu and Ellen. :lol:

There's no doubt in the below photo that at this stage Archie's hair appears to be in the red family. His faint eyebrows are definitely light red, again at this stage:
https://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Baby_Archie.jpg

taf2002 said:
If anyone saw hair they have better eyes than I do. I saw bald. ;) :slinkaway

:lol: He's just over four months old with still only faint strands of hair, like many babies. But there is visible hair on his head. ;)

Zemgirl said:
I believe Archie might be considering red hair, but has not yet made a final decision.

Good assessment. :COP: Archie's hair might turn out to be auburn. I thought Louis' hair would be darker than his sibs, but no, he's probably going to remain blond, or a dark shade of blond as he grows.

SHARPIE said:
… now that it seems Archie doesn’t have red hair...

He's just over four months, nearly five months old. Let's give it some time please for all of his hair to grow in. :p

aftershocks

Banned Member
Lots of pics from the Tutu visit:

Sussex Instagram video:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B22GTGdFtWA/

Happy family: https://static.onecms.io/wp-content...rry-archie-harrison-meghan-markle-02-0919.jpg

Cool video of the Tutu visit with still pictures: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcENahR-4OE

In this brief video, we see the arrival and some of the visit with partial captions and audio that is not completely clear, which is why captions were attempted: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kyINCXQhQP0

Video and stills of Meghan's solo visits; at the Mothers-to-mothers charity, Meghan donated some of Archie's outgrown clothes, and some of the old clothes of her friends' children:

LOL, at 3:53 in the above clip there's a still photo of Meghan with Archie, juxtaposed with an old pic of Doria holding baby Meghan. We can see how much Archie as a baby resembles both of his parents when they were babies. Go figure. :lol:

A comment by one of the women who met M&H for tea:
"'I don’t want to have tea with the royals for the sake of having tea with the royals,' says Matsi Modise, founder of skills training company Simodisa. Adds Modise: '[Meghan is] somebody who means what she wants to do. The role that she holds in society in the U.K. and globally is a beacon of hope. She is not born into nobility or born royal, so she can relate to the struggles of the normal person in the street who’s trying to make something of herself.'"

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
How can I change the title?
@Winnipeg, click on the down arrow to the right of the ••• above the #1 in the upper right hand corner of your original post (to the right of the "Watch" box) for "More options" then select "Edit thread" to make changes in the "Title" line and hit "Save" (you have 24 hours to edit from when you first posted).
Can we at least pretend this is the royalty thread and not the Archie thread? He's not even a prince! At least call it Archie et al. ;)

My suggestion: Royalty Thread #10 - All Things Archie & Non-Archie

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
It would be a lot easier if the title of the thread was changed to something not referencing the kid.

Or Royalty Thread...........all Tiaras welcome.

Vagabond

My suggestion: Royalty Thread #10 - All Things Archie & Non-Archie
I was going to make an arch remark here but thought better of it. :shuffle:

Still, I do have yet another suggestion for the thread title: Royalty Thread #10 - All Things Archie & Monarchy :sneaky:

MsZem

I see the sea
I would suggest "Everything's Archie" or "Archie and Betty and Veronica" as replacement titles, but I don't think either of those would satisfy @Zemgirl . 🤷‍♂️
Someone has already edited the thread title. The original version did not include the royalty #10 part.

Archie and Betty and Veronica would be fun if the queen were a Betty and not a Lilibet ;)

MsZem

I see the sea
Lovely news for Beatrice, but I do hope her father's mess doesn't derail this special time for her, nor the wedding itself.

I vote for @Zemgirl's Toddlers and Tiaras - pretty much covers our two greatest obsessions on this thread :drama:
If only I'd started the thread myself :D

Congratulations to Princess Beatrice, I hope she'll be very happy. Lovely that her sister was the one who took the engagement photos!

Parsley Sage

Congrats to Beatrice and Edoardo. Lovely pictures. They look very happy.

There are some detailed pictures of her ring on the jeweller's instagram

skatfan

Wishing the new couple the best.

On the plus side with the fiancé: their families know each other and he has a charity project in Rwanda in addition to his business. On the downside, he had a child with another woman (baby is now 2) and he was engaged to her last year. Hope that woman is prepared for the onslaught.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information