Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The huge amount of tabloids that feature photos could not be supplied by a small minority of paparazzi.
That's because most of them are there by invitation of the person being photographed as mentioned above.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
Harry and Meghan are behaving in a manner that is not congruent with what their words convey.

For people who want privacy, they sure spend a lot of time in the spotlight bemoaning their fate. People successfully navigate the choppy waters of fame/fortune/family.

Example: Announcing there would be no picture as they left the hospital created such drama. Just go out a back entrance! Geesh.

Or going to Wimbledon (in jeans - nothing wrong with jeans, except for the fact that she was seated in the expensive seats. Think, going to the opera in a bathing suit) and asking people to not take pictures. "Hi! I'll be over here! But don't notice me".

And, who expects the press to be fair? That is just silly.

Harry has been in the public life forever. He knows the ins and outs, and the do's and dont's. There is no mystery. They have made choices that have gone against the grain. Either own your decisions, or conform more closely to what is expected, but for heaven sake, stop complaining.

Each time they open their mouths about their "problems" the are shining a light on themselves......the spotlight they claim they don't want.

Kruss

Not Auto-Tuned
So when I came home from work last night, I turned on the TV and before I could change the channel, one of those celeb shows was on. The hosts were covering the Harry and Meagan story and felt it was important to point out something that someone with too much time on their hands found. In pictures of the Queen during audiences yesterday or the day before at the Palace, they showed that the table by a chair which formerly had a photo of William and Catherine as well as Harry and Meagan now only had a photo of William and Catherine. You can imagine the nasty comments that the hosts had to say about that. :rolleyes:

My first thought was to think it perhaps was on another table in the room? It was being updated with a new picture? Would the Queen be so petty?

The channel was quickly changed.

ryanj07

So when I came home from work last night, I turned on the TV and before I could change the channel, one of those celeb shows was on. The hosts were covering the Harry and Meagan story and felt it was important to point out something that someone with too much time on their hands found. In pictures of the Queen during audiences yesterday or the day before at the Palace, they showed that the table by a chair which formerly had a photo of William and Catherine as well as Harry and Meagan now only had a photo of William and Catherine. You can imagine the nasty comments that the hosts had to say about that. :rolleyes:

My first thought was to think it perhaps was on another table in the room? It was being updated with a new picture? Would the Queen be so petty?

The channel was quickly changed.

I saw this story going around on Instagram. I certainly hope it’s a case of it being moved to a different table, since there was also a decorative box in the original photo that wasn’t present in the updated photo. If not, it’s sad to see The Queen herself resort to something so petty and childish.

MsZem

I see the sea
The pictures are changed/moved on a fairly regular basis AFAIK. She has eight grandchildren and eight great-grandchildren, not to mention other family members. It makes sense for newer pictures to show up.

aftershocks

Banned Member
You are a disappointment. You made an accusation in haste that you can’t back up and you can’t bring yourself admit it. I actually thought you were better than that and although we often disagree you made some interesting posts. Quite the disappointment. Congratulations on being the only poster on my ignore list.

:rofl: I'm a disappointment because you wish to forget what you said in the other thread. :drama: I don't need to back up my having seen what you said, simply because you are attempting to backtrack on and forget your earlier comments. It's still there unless you had time to edit. Anyway, the pushback comments by another poster should also still be there. Right now I don't have time to waste proving your own words to you. :rolleyes: The fact that you did say it is rather unforgettable, and for that matter also a bit tragicomic.

ETA:
I apologize for not making sure who made the comment @mag. Someone did say it, but it wasn't you. Yep, I did have to waste a lot of time revisiting that thread. It was somewhat revealing looking back, but no less exhausting...

Last edited:

ballettmaus

:rofl: I'm a disappointment because you wish to forget what you said in the other thread. :drama: I don't need to back up my having seen what you said, simply because you are attempting to backtrack on and forget your earlier comments. It's still there unless you had time to edit. Anyway, the pushback comments by another poster should also still be there. Right now I don't have time to waste proving your own words to you. :rolleyes: The fact that you did say it is rather unforgettable, and for that matter also a bit tragicomic.

I admit, I was curious (because if the poster had said what you're saying then I think there would have been (major) push-back and I would have expected to remember that) and went through the other thread. The only things I saw were that the poster was talking about body types and then genes when it came to hair (and in no way was there any implication that either one had a better anything.)

Last edited:
Reactions: mag

Barbara Manatee

I don't need to back up my having seen what you said, simply because you are attempting to backtrack on and forget your earlier comments. It's still there unless you had time to edit. Anyway, the pushback comments by another poster should also still be there. Right now I don't have time to waste proving your own words to you.
You should have found the time. As the poster who pushed back on the 'Kate has better genes' comment, I can confirm that @mag is not the one who said it.

mag

Meghan out and about again today and apparently Harry crashed the party. She looks great, I like the hair and outfit. The colour combination looks a bit odd on my computer, but I am assuming that is a monitor issue. I really love the shoes and wish I could wear heels like those.

aftershocks

Banned Member
@mag, I apologize for tagging you as the person who made that clueless comment about Meghan 'not having as good genes' as Kate. It was PDilemma, and Barbara Manatee had gently pushed back. No @ballettmaus, there was not 'major' push back, but at least there was some push back. In any case, I should have made sure who made the comment in order to avoid erroneously tagging the wrong person. The commentary about hair (Kate's and Meghan's) was randomly bandied about later in that thread by a number of posters, but that's not what I was referencing.

Having looked through that exhausting thread commentary, in fact there was a lot of commentary about 'genes' and 'jeans' in that former thread. :drama: Go figure. At one point (p.21, post #601) mag made a comment about 'intellectual gene pool' in comparing Diana vs Kate, and disparaging the royals' intellect generally, then later apologized for being harsh. Actually, it is true that many of the British royals tend not to have a very academic bent. In the biography of QE-II, Young Elizabeth, there's a lot of discussion about Queen Elizabeth's parents having neglected the academic educations of their two daughters. The British royal who was considered the most academically-inclined in modern times was Prince William of Gloucester.

This is not an excuse for me thinking it was mag who made the comment in question, but mag and I did have a lot of run-ins in that last royalty thread surrounding what I felt were continual negative putdowns toward Meghan. What I perceive as slights, of course, were not made by mag alone. In my post #546 in that last thread, I quoted some of the comments by Lorac and mag that I disagreed with. I also took issue with a sentence in mag's post #330 on p. 11 suggesting that Meghan needed to give Kate more time than 3 weeks between Louis' birth and the royal wedding on May 19. That doesn't make any sense because Meghan did not have sole control (or perhaps any control at all) over the actual wedding date that would be chosen. A lot of logistics are involved in royal family scheduling. The date had to be chosen prior to the parties involved knowing exactly when Kate would give birth to her third child. The date for M&H's wedding was probably run by pertinent family members before being finalized.

In the last royalty thread, pages 11 - 24, 34 and 35+ are rather ummm, I don't know what word to use to describe the commentary, let's just say interesting, especially in light of some of the roller coaster emotions we now know M&H have been going through since their wedding, and especially since last fall and throughout this summer.

ETA:
Meghan's color combination is complimentary (in the same family) but different. Her purply red top somewhat matches her shoes, and the leather skirt is a slightly different hue in the red family. I love the pop of color on her:

Meghan's up-do is fine, except the straggly portions are more straggly-looking than usual. But it's Meg's casual vibe, and it works for her. She's been wearing some nice repeats from her working wardrobe, but this is a new outfit, although the skirt is a different color in the same skirt design she's previously worn:

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
I saw this story going around on Instagram. I certainly hope it’s a case of it being moved to a different table, since there was also a decorative box in the original photo that wasn’t present in the updated photo. If not, it’s sad to see The Queen herself resort to something so petty and childish.

The Queen may or may not know about the removal of M&H's engagement photo, which in and of itself is a trivial 'tempest in a teapot.' There are larger issues facing this family firm, their behind-the-scenes relationships, Andrew's current scandal, their interfering royal courtier staffers (the 'grey men' as Diana PoW called them), their public lives and problematic coverage by the media, as well as the consequences of questionably motivated palace leaks to aforementioned media, etc. I've previously read that the Queen rules her family with a light touch and doesn't wish to get too deeply involved with internecine drama. She's from a different generation, despite also being open to change.

It's rather sad that battling egos, meddling royal courtiers, palace leaks, and negative, spiteful media trashing have caused such an unfortunate and unnecessary kerfuffle for the royals. This, at a time when a great deal of transitional concerns are afoot for the monarchy and for Great Britain.

starrynight

HG is not a real disease. Its not cancer or life threatening. It's an inconvenience. But in the real world women have to work through HG. They dont get to hole up at home whenever they have HG like Kate does. Again a problem where theres an immediate solution at her fingertips.

I actually know someone who had to quit their job over it. It simply wasn't possible to continue working shift work where she had to be on her feet all day with that level of illness. Someone close to me also had it - it's pretty ugly stuff.

Japanfan

ETA:
I apologize for not making sure who made the comment @mag. Someone did say it, but it wasn't you. Yep, I did have to waste a lot of time revisiting that thread. It was somewhat revealing looking back, but no less exhausting...

If you wish to respond to something that a particular poster said, it is necessary to determine who that poster is - not a waste of time.

mag

Princess Beatrice’s wedding is to be 100% privately funded:

I think this is a good call in the part of the BRF. I suspect, given her position, her father’s current issues, and the general discontent in some corners of Britain with some expenses incurred by the BRF, it would have been a disaster to try to bill the government for security costs.

aftershocks

Banned Member
I stand by my statement that Kate can't possibly have any problems. She's rich, she's white, she's happily married, she has a loving and supportive family, she has three beautiful kids, and she's gorgeous. She checks all the boxes of a fairy tale life. Excuse me if I roll my eyes at the idea she has "problems."

That's such a naive view. Everyone has problems, no matter how wealthy or how 'comfortable' their life seems on the outside. To be alive is to face challenges of some kind or another. Having a great upbringing, a close-knit family, a good education and life's comforts does not mean you have no problems whatsoever to face in life. Even if you are rich and spoiled, there will be plenty you have to face sooner or later. There's always a price to pay, no matter who you are or what your situation is. As the saying goes: Walk a mile in someone else's shoes.

A good example of what Kate has had to face is the gravidarum hyperemesis illness she always suffers from in the early stages of her pregnancy. Just because she has the best medical care in the world doesn't make dealing with such illness pleasant. Giving birth to three children isn't exactly easy either. In the early days of her courtship with William, it was surely tough for Kate putting up with William's lack of full commitment and his stringing her along, taking her for granted. She didn't like it when William dropped her to run after Isabella Calthorpe circa 2003 - 2004. And Kate was also upset when William got cold feet in early 2007 and pushed the brakes again on their relationship. But I suppose William soon realized what he would be missing if he let Kate get away and they reunited for good later in 2007.

Married life is not easy, and marrying into the royal family is especially not a piece of cake. Far from it. However, it's the life Kate wanted, and she spent a great deal of time waiting for, so I'm sure she's happy with her lot. She's clearly overjoyed with being a mother, even if being married to William may not be all that some people on the outside looking in think it is. It's fantasy to believe that royal life behind-the-scenes is perfect. There are always challenges to face and to overcome in anyone's life. I'm pretty sure that being part of one of the most high profile royal families in the world can be fairly daunting. It's cool that Kate has solid family support from the Middletons backing her up. She has also had to overcome her tendency toward shyness, and it's taken her awhile to become more comfortable with public speaking and to project her voice instead of swallowing her words. With help, she's improved quite a bit with speaking in public.

In other news:

There's still no word on whether Beatrice's wedding will be televised. I'm not surprised about the indication of private funding for all costs. Eugenie's wedding was privately funded too, aside from the security costs which were partly needed due to the brief carriage ride through part of Windsor. So it looks like security will be footed privately for Beatrice's wedding. It will be interesting to see if the wedding itself will be kept more low key and untelevised. It's reportedly Prince Andrew who had pushed for Eugenie's wedding to be high profile and televised. Already there's been no engagement interview with the media for Beatrice and Edouardo. That helps keep prying questions at bay about Prince Andrew, as well as about Edouardo's previous relationship and out-of-wedlock young son, Wolfie.

The above article cites a similar royal stepson situation re Crown Princess Mette-Marit's son from her prior marriage, Marius Borg Hoiby, who recently has had a more public profile as an artist and a style editor:

Female members of the British parliament write a letter of solidarity in support of the Duchess of Sussex:

Last edited:

JJH

Aww!!! Princess Victoria and Prince Carl Philip dressed as St Lucy and Star Boy! Awww!!! Our kids did this, too.

I guessed wrong as to the identity of Bacchus. I thought it was Edward, but it was his brother Alfred. He seems to be embracing the role.

JJH

@ballettmaus Thanks for the correction. I saw the name Crown Princess Victoria under the photo in the royalcentral.co.uk link and mistakenly thought she was the little girl in the photo. Does this imply that Princess Victoria was the photographer rather than the subject? The children are beaming and adorable. The royalcentral.co.uk link shows royals in costumes from many occasions, not Halloween.

mag

Meghan makes another visit to Luminary Bakery. This is a really cool way to help women gain valuable job skills. On a side note, I wish the Sussex team would either get someone different to write their Instagram posts, or at least have someone edit them. I know they have recently taken on some new team members so it would be great if they add some resources to their social media writing.

PDilemma

Harry and Meghan are behaving in a manner that is not congruent with what their words convey.

For people who want privacy, they sure spend a lot of time in the spotlight bemoaning their fate. People successfully navigate the choppy waters of fame/fortune/family.

Example: Announcing there would be no picture as they left the hospital created such drama. Just go out a back entrance! Geesh.

Or going to Wimbledon (in jeans - nothing wrong with jeans, except for the fact that she was seated in the expensive seats. Think, going to the opera in a bathing suit) and asking people to not take pictures. "Hi! I'll be over here! But don't notice me".

And, who expects the press to be fair? That is just silly.

Harry has been in the public life forever. He knows the ins and outs, and the do's and dont's. There is no mystery. They have made choices that have gone against the grain. Either own your decisions, or conform more closely to what is expected, but for heaven sake, stop complaining.

Each time they open their mouths about their "problems" the are shining a light on themselves......the spotlight they claim they don't want.

Meghan just gave yet another one on one interview, too. If you want privacy, then you don't give interviews. Other royals only give interviews about specific topics--generally projects they are working on or some aspect of the history of the family. If they want a private life, then that needs to be their policy with the press.

And the birth...they went on about it being private then literally gave two interviews--Harry the day of and both of them when they did the appearance with the baby. No other BRF parents ever formally answered questions like that. They all simply paused for photos outside the hospital as they left and, in some cases, informally answered a question called out. Which, by the way, happened WHEN THEY LEFT. It was never required to be the day the baby was born. Never. That just happened with Charlotte and Louis because Kate CHOSE to leave the hospital then. Somehow, people got it in their head that some great power (that doesn't exist) required a photo call within hours of the birth. Nope. Never. The whole thing started when Princess Anne had Peter in a hospital (first hospital royal birth, NOT Diana's boys) and photographers were waiting when they left the hospital. They paused for photos, tradition born. When Lady Louise Windsor had to be hospitalized for weeks due to being premature, the photo call happened when they took her home--weeks later. No photo call is required "hours after birth". And apparently, even Harry got this in his head.

At the end of the day, though, Harry needs to listen to his grandmother's lifelong mantra: "Never explain, never complain". And he needs to understand that most people just don't want to hear someone born into immense wealth and privilege crying about how hard it all is. It's probably not a picnic, but there are people in the world struggling to pay bills and provide for themselves and their families who are well aware that these are problems he has never had and never will have. And they don't want to hear him whining.

Be above the fray and it will pass. Cry for attention, and you will get it and it might not be the kind you want.

mag

Please explain again how the press and public are always sweet and kind to all the royals except Harry & Meghan:

Because this is just nasty. Published by a media outlet and full of "fans" attacking everyone but Meghan and Harry viciously.

I’ll trust you that it is nasty because I don’t want to give it a click. The only upside is that I am 100% sure Kate will never read it. She appears to be focused on her family and her work and I don’t see her searching the web looking for something to be offended by.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information