Royalty Thread #10 -Archie Phase 2 - Bold and Bald Still

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittyjake5

Personally I could never marry into a Royal Family no matter how much in love I was.
Nope could not give up my freedom to be me.

I would not want to trade places with Meghan or Kate not even for a day.
Not an easy role for either of them.

mag

Personally I could never marry into a Royal Family no matter how much in love I was.
Nope could not give up my freedom to be me.

I would not want to trade places with Meghan or Kate not even for a day.
Not an easy role for either of them.

I think it takes a special kind of person to really thrive when they marry into the BFR. Sophie appears to be one of those and so does Kate. Kate and Sophie also appear to have strong marriages that are built on a partnership. There have never been any credible rumors of problems and I think the strength of their partnerships gives them a good base. Savannah seems to be doing well, but she is not a working royal. The jury is still out on Meghan. I hope she can figure it out because first and foremost I would never wish for someone to be unhappy, but also because as William gets closer to the throne, having the full and strong support of Meghan and Harry would be really good for the family.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
I think it takes a special kind of person to really thrive when they marry into the BFR. Sophie appears to be one of those and so does Kate. Kate and Sophie also appear to have strong marriages that are built on a partnership. There have never been any credible rumors of problems and I think the strength of their partnerships gives them a good base. Savannah seems to be doing well, but she is not a working royal. The jury is still out on Meghan. I hope she can figure it out because first and foremost I would never wish for someone to be unhappy, but also because as William gets closer to the throne, having the full and strong support of Meghan and Harry would be really good for the family.
I hope they get it worked out for their child. Whatever they need to do to stay a family is foremost in my book......Stay royal, don't, move to a different country, whatever it takes. Archie, IMO is primary.

Japanfan

At the end of the day, though, Harry needs to listen to his grandmother's lifelong mantra: "Never explain, never complain". And he needs to understand that most people just don't want to hear someone born into immense wealth and privilege crying about how hard it all is. It's probably not a picnic, but there are people in the world struggling to pay bills and provide for themselves and their families who are well aware that these are problems he has never had and never will have. And they don't want to hear him whining.

Royals have a different set of problems than the average person, such as constantly being under public scrutiny, having what they wear and what they say continuously commented on and criticized. I would prefer to be an ordinary person than a royal, regardless of the wealth and privilege that comes with royalty.

Last edited:

MsZem

I see the sea
As I've pointed out before, one must choose the royal family in question carefully. It's probably much more pleasant to be Princess Sofia of Sweden than the Duchess of Sussex - even though not everyone was thrilled when Sofia married into the Swedish royal family, given her glamour modeling/reality TV past.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
You can't have your cake and eat it too.

In this scenario why not? The royals don't owe us their privates lives or their happiness. The public occasions are all they should be expected to do as royals. We don't need to peek behind the curtain. And if H&M want privacy at home but also give interviews that's not a contradiction. No one should say well if they do public things (IOW in some people's minds getting attention) that's no reason they should give up all privacy.

Japanfan

You can't have your cake and eat it too.

In this scenario why not? The royals don't owe us their privates lives or their happiness. The public occasions are all they should be expected to do as royals. We don't need to peek behind the curtain. And if H&M want privacy at home but also give interviews that's not a contradiction. No one should say well if they do public things (IOW in some people's minds getting attention) that's no reason they should give up all privacy.

But royals have less privacy in their lives and more public obligations than regular people. They can't throw on a pair of sweat pants and a tee shirt and go out to buy a liter of milk at the corner of store - now, they would have no need to do that, but it's an example of the kind of thing that an average person can do that a royal can't. And there is a certain freedom associated with it.

I remember Sophia Gregoire, the wife of Canada's prime minister Justin Trudeau, talking about having to adjust to having a driver while her husband was in office.

Also, the royals don't owe the public their private lives, but the public and the media are always prying into it, with varying but too common reports/pictures.

Last edited:

Winnipeg

I agree that they have no privacy but they knew that when they went into it was all I am/was saying.

I recall other ladies who dated past royals making a conscious decision that they wanted no part of the being a royal and the relationships ended.

Vagabond

I agree that they have no privacy but they knew that when they went into it was all I am/was saying.

I recall other ladies who dated past royals making a conscious decision that they wanted no part of the being a royal and the relationships ended.
Most of those women who wanted no part of being a royal were British, and the only exception that I can think of immediately, Chelsy Davie, had lived in the U.K. for several years before getting involved with Prince Harry. Meghan Markle didn't. Her own experiences as the daughter of Hollywood crew professionals and then as an actress herself can hardly have prepared her for what was to come.

I have no idea what Harry or anyone in his family may have said to her, but based just on what she has said that was quoted here on FSU, it appears that whatever she was told, she did not fully grasp the reality of what being married to a son to the heir to throne would mean until it was upon her.

MsZem

I see the sea
I think it takes a special kind of person to really thrive when they marry into the BFR. Sophie appears to be one of those and so does Kate. Kate and Sophie also appear to have strong marriages that are built on a partnership. There have never been any credible rumors of problems and I think the strength of their partnerships gives them a good base. Savannah seems to be doing well, but she is not a working royal.
I think you mean Savannah's mother, Autumn Phillips?

Of course, both Kate and Sophie had to deal with a lot - Sophie after her marriage, Kate mostly during her time as a royal girlfriend.

Reactions: mag

AxelAnnie

Most of those women who wanted no part of being a royal were British, and the only exception that I can think of immediately, Chelsy Davie, had lived in the U.K. for several years before getting involved with Prince Harry. Meghan Markle didn't. Her own experiences as the daughter of Hollywood crew professionals and then as an actress herself can hardly have prepared her for what was to come.

I have no idea what Harry or anyone in his family may have said to her, but based just on what she has said that was quoted here on FSU, it appears that whatever she was told, she did not fully grasp the reality of what being married to a son to the heir to throne would mean until it was upon her.

When you choose strawberry, you can't expect cookie dough ice cream.

IMO, her problem is not that she didn't know, but rather that she thought she could do what she wanted with it all.

Two examples:
1. Leaving the hospital. What would it have "cost" them to stand on the steps of the hospital with the baby for a picture? It cost them a lot of bad press, hurt feelings, rumors and crap that they did not.
2. The Christening. Private is fine. But secret? They are accepting a lot of money and love from the British people....why not just say, we are having the Christening here, these are the G-d Parents....and here is a picture. Over and done.

They have made it harder on themselves than it needed to be.

AxelAnnie

When you choose strawberry, you can't expect cookie dough ice cream.

IMO, her problem is not that she didn't know, but rather that she thought she could do what she wanted with it all.

Two examples:
1. Leaving the hospital. What would it have "cost" them to stand on the steps of the hospital with the baby for a picture? It cost them a lot of bad press, hurt feelings, rumors and crap that they did not.
2. The Christening. Private is fine. But secret? They are accepting a lot of money and love from the British people....why not just say, we are having the Christening here, these are the G-d Parents....and here is a picture. Over and done.

And, to say she didn't know, because she was not British............um she was a TV star. That brings it's own set of happy paparazzi.
Now, if she had grown up on a farm in Iowa with no TV............

Jenny

From the Bloc
I guess they wanted to have children and given their ages when they met they wanted to get on with it, but all in all I think it would have been a lot better if Meghan had been the royal girlfriend for a few years. Get to know each other, spend time with each other's friends and families, get used to the different cultures, and for Meghan to fully understand the implications of marrying Harry.

Kate at least was of the same culture when she met William, they were surrounded by mutual friends and had plenty of time to get to know one another. Even there, they still took at least one major break before deciding to move forward together.

Meghan and Harry rushed into this, so unfortunately all the challenges and bumps in the road they could have sorted out privately are out there for the world to see. I know some may freak at the thought, but I honestly wonder if the marriage will last, and that's too bad.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

Once they dated it may have too late to back out no matter what she was told. They may have fallen in love on the 1st date. That's what I/we did & I was 37 yrs old, not a giddy teenager. We married 4 months later. Still married 34 yrs later & he's still my favorite person.

canbelto

The Royal Family is asking people to follow Prince Andrew on Instagram. It's kind of gross:

PDilemma

William and Kate our and about:

Love Kate’s dress. She looks fabulous in blue although I do get tired of the “Wore sapphire earrings, must be a tribute to Diana!” Unfortunately the dress also has the very unfortunate Emma Wickstead hem - I will just ignore that bit and enjoy the rest!
These earrings actually belonged to Diana. Kate has worn them several times.

puglover

Perhaps I am an optimist, but I believe in the long run Meghan and Harry will be just fine. They are older for sure than Diana was and both quite accomplished. Meghan has a warmth about her that I think will win out in the end and maybe not everybody, but most people will become fans of hers, if they aren't already. Her questionable family members have to be close to having said and done as much harm as they can (fingers crossed). I also think Harry and Meghan will learn how to navigate their way with photos, media opportunities - and then their private lives. I am a sap for love but they seem to be truly in love and - love conquers all - or at least makes many other things bearable.

Vagabond

Once they dated it may have too late to back out no matter what she was told. They may have fallen in love on the 1st date. That's what I/we did & I was 37 yrs old, not a giddy teenager. We married 4 months later. Still married 34 yrs later & he's still my favorite person.
But how do you handle the paparazzi? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information