NCAA Basketball: Conference Championships to First Four to Final Four

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I know Syracuse are the Orangemen (right?) I wonder how the 'ell that mascot moves--and I could swear I saw him skateboarding some time ago.
I know it doesn't cover his legs but he is so round.

A lot of practice, I think. Also he has the moves like Jagger.

Oh and do you remember who your mascot final four were--just curious?
God I love this time of the year.

I don't remember who they were two years ago, but this year they are the UNLV runnin rebel (have you seen him? scary), the florida gator (we decided that a spartan would have little experience with a gator), the Alabama Elephant, and the Montana Grizzle bear. (We did it based on physical mascot not name, so Michigan had to lose in the first round since they don't have one and Iowa State was a bird not a cyclone.)

Wow, Missouri's game today has definitely made me feel better about my Orange yesterday! But my bracket is screwed. Lol.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
And Duke goes down, too.

My bracket didn't really need anymore damage, but I absolutely could not bring myself to root for them when it came down to it.

ChelleC

Anti-quad activist
And Duke goes down, too.

My bracket didn't really need anymore damage, but I absolutely could not bring myself to root for them when it came down to it.

No true UK fan roots for Duke or UNC. :lol:

Although I did have UK and Duke meeting in the regional final on my bracket

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap
I always end up rooting for anarchy over my bracket.

But I'd just like everyone to bow down to me because I did have Norfolk State over Missouri in one of my brackets.

Cachoo

Theatregirl--you have solved a mystery for me by mentioning the elephant with Alabama. Roll tide never made a lot of sense to me. My brackets are hopeless but today was more interesting than yesterday with all of the close games.

vesperholly

Sigh, Duke makes that two of my elite 8 picks out (the other was Montana). But I did get the Ohio, VCU and Xavier upsets! :cheer2:

Fridge_Break

#HotMessExpress
Despite everything that went on yesterday, I somehow only have lost 3 Sweet Sixteen teams and 2 Elite Eight teams. :wideeyes:

Cachoo

I would like to wish Kyle O'Quinn of Norfolk State U. a happy St. Patrick's Day. Halftime is over--back to the game.

B

Beefcake

Sigh, Duke makes that two of my elite 8 picks out (the other was Montana). But I did get the Ohio, VCU and Xavier upsets! :cheer2:
:eek: Are you a Montana alum? Oh my. :shuffle:

Oh well, I had rolled the dice on both of my brackets, and gone with Belmont over Georgetown (even putting B into Sweet 16 in one) as my big gamble, so :shuffle: on moi, too.

K-State tricked me, and suspended one of their key playmaker-rebounders right before today's game w/Syracuse ... I'd have definitely stuck w/Orangemen if I'd have been able to predict that. Le sigh. Syracuse is looking FAR better than in R1.

Speaking of the Orange: :blah: ugh -- "'Cuse". WTF? Ridiculous nickname/shortening.

But, alas, all is well and good since Duke was bounced by frigging powerhouse Lehigh! :rofl:

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Is Duke like the NY Yankees in that everybody except their fans REALLY hates them? :eek:

I kinda like them myself. :slinkaway

B

Beefcake

^ I like it when media darlings bite the dust, and Duke is THE media darling in college basketball.

But, to Duke's credit, nobody would care about their being defeated ... and the media would stop the adoration ... if the program wasn't so long-lastingly successful.

The only school can withstand years of mediocrity and still be despised is Notre Dame. [And deservedly so, says moi who has had to endure decades of Irish hype, alums, and fans within my family. Good news is, sis's divorce snipped the "in my family" part last fall!]

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
Temple :wuzrobbed

I knew I should have been my usual non-basketball fan and completely ignored yesterday's game. :p

vesperholly

:eek: Are you a Montana alum? Oh my. :shuffle:

Oh well, I had rolled the dice on both of my brackets, and gone with Belmont over Georgetown (even putting B into Sweet 16 in one) as my big gamble, so :shuffle: on moi, too.

No, Kent State. So I don't have a pony in this race.

I went with Belmont over Georgetown, too. Usually I make my picks based on their season record. Whoever has the better record wins, despite their ranking. That's why I had Montana :lol: I do not follow college basketball otherwise.

B

Beefcake

No, Kent State. So I don't have a pony in this race.
Yay MAC! I'm a Ball State grad.

Good to see Ohio advance, even if it was at the expense of the Big 10 co-champs* ... seems like every three or four years, the MAC has a team get to the Sweet 16. Bobcats have a fighting chance to do that, tomorrow.

*(Still cannot figure out how Michigan managed to tie OSU and MSU, got to say ... a testament to their overachieving and hard work, I'd say.)

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Congrats to the IU Hoosiers. The Rams just didn't have enough.

The only reason that I'm not more bummed is that I have a close friend who grew up in IN. He was so nervous at being the (apparently) the only Hoosier fan in the middle of Ram supporters that he left the place at halftime to finish watching the game at home. No one had been ugly to him or anything (in fact the folks there think the world of him).

I hope he's relieved and happy. I sent him a text telling him that I was genuinely happy for him (and I really am).

Just a bloody game, after all...

B

Beefcake

:kickass: #1 My #1 bracket is in the 96th percentile! Dayum. (We won't discuss my #2, but suffice it to say it's appropriately named -- "Beefcake's Risky Behavior")

:kickass: #2 Big 10 went 3-for-3 today, and has 2 more chances tomorrow for Sweet Sixteendom. (Sparty has it in the bag ... I say 19 point win, and that's after calling off the dogs in the latter moments. Purdue has Kansas, so there's the miss ... er, who knows, Isner took down an on-game Djokovic today, so this may surprise as well.)

Cachoo

The biggest surprise for me today was Wisconsin. I thought Vanderbilt had enough fire power outside of the three point line to grind out a win.

I also want to know the correct pronunciation of Louisville. Other than that today was a lot less interesting than yesterday.

aka_gerbil

Rooting for the Underdogs
I also want to know the correct pronunciation of Louisville. Other than that today was a lot less interesting than yesterday.

It depends on who you're talking to. Something like LOU-ah-vull (can kind of sound like lull-vuhl) is how most of us natives will say it. Sometimes the non-natives call it Louie-ville, which is acceptable (but perhaps a bit annoying. It is most certainly not Lewis-ville. No, No, No.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
My alma mater Kansas State lost to Syracuse today. Too bad. I still have another alma mater in it- Marquette. I hope they can go a long way. I third alma mater did not make the tournament. Isn't it nice to have multiple alma maters?:lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information