Meryl Davis Marries Fedor Andreev in 'Intimate' Farmhouse Wedding in France (Provence)

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Lovely. It sounds very simple, sweet and down home with the country backyard feel and theme. :)

From reading letters to each other for their vows, right down to the pretty Monique Lhuilier sleeveless sheer lace dress with embroidered flowers and no veil, this wedding sounds so special, intimate, unpretentious and meaningful for both of them, their friends and family.

Congrats and good luck to Fedor and Meryl! :saint:

sk9tingfan

Lovely. It sounds very simple, sweet and down home with the country backyard feel and theme. :)

From reading letters to each other for their vows, right down to the pretty Monique Lhuilier sleeveless sheer lace dress with embroidered flowers and no veil, this wedding sounds so special, intimate, unpretentious and meaningful for both of them, their friends and family.

Congrats and good luck to Fedor and Meryl! :saint:

Not simple at all. Meryl's cousin posted the absolutely stunning venue on Instagram. The links are in the Davis and White thread. Quite magical!

aftershocks

Banned Member
Not simple at all. Meryl's cousin posted the absolutely stunning venue on Instagram. The links are in the Davis and White thread. Quite magical!

So 'simple' is not exactly the right word then. It does seem singularly different and special with lots of significant meaning for them rather than adhering to the conventional route. It sounds both down-to-earth and unpretentious, as well as fanciful and magical.

Daena

So, the article says there will be more photo s and info in next paper issue. Can't wait for them to be posted here for everybody to see...

Yeah, I am, like, hinting here.

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

suki

Kristi Yamaguchi has shared some photos of fellow wedding guests: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzC_mFwpJ3c/
First photo is with her daughter Emma; 2nd is of the long dinner table with Brian Boitano visible opposite her; 3rd is with Jeremy Abbott, Madison Chock, Charlie White & Tanith.

Madison Chock dressed up with Evan Bates and lovely views of the garden: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzDKWnAldB6/

Jeff Buttle and his husband Justin also were there: https://www.instagram.com/p/BzDUBcLnfwZ/
I am thoroughly convinced that you had to be drop dead gorgeous and beautifully dressed to attend this wedding.:rofl:

Carolla5501

I am thoroughly convinced that you had to be drop dead gorgeous and beautifully dressed to attend this wedding.:rofl:

Well, if that’s the case I’m not sure Evan got the memo. I really dislike his outfit

But it’s a beautiful venue and event

cholla

Grand Duchess of Savoie - Marquessa of Chartreuse
I thought this happy news deserved its own thread here in GSD. Congratulations to Meryl and Fedor! :)
ETA link to the beautiful wedding venue, an 18th century farm house in Provence: https://www.provencepoiriers.com/
This was the Obama family's vacation residence not long ago. It's a very posh and beautiful place.

Laura4

Found these two video clips on Tumblr. You might have to right click on the picture and then click play to get the video going.

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Yes, right click and select 'open in a new tab' and the video plays on it's own, obviously recorded by someone on a phone and uploaded. It looks like a divine bash. The second video shows proud Mom, Marina Zueva surveying the table settings for the evening celebration we see in the first video. The French countryside appears to-die-for. :love: I can see the Obamas having a fine time in this gorgeous setting with family and friends. Wonderful!

More on the Obamas' stay at the same venue a week earlier apparently:

The brief news item reveals more details about the property: With 7 double bedrooms, the 18th-century farmhouse in the south of France sits on 65 acres... If you have $60,000-a-week to spare... (I usually try not to click on Daily Mail, but the above source includes a link to the original DM article, which of course has more pictures and details, including a promo video about the property).

Probably Meryl and family booked it for a weekend, unless an entire week is de rigeuer. :)

Last edited:

Laura4

I believe Meryl said they would be there a week so she and Fedor could spend time with family and friends.

Yes, it's a gorgeous setting for a wedding, with a hefty price tag but they can certainly afford it. Plus, I'm sure they got paid by People for the exclusive picture rights. I'd love to know how much!

aftershocks

Banned Member
^^ Ah yes, and indeed that makes sense in such a lovely setting, although probably not all of the guests stayed there for the entire week. A lot of weddings are several day affairs these days. But with a setting like that, enjoying a longer stay is not surprising. And it probably does rent at minimum for a week. :)

By mentioning the price, I'm fully aware that Meryl and family are able to afford it. I've heard that both Meryl's and Charlie's families have always been well-to-do, which made their early figure skating training less of a financial strain. And of course, Meryl and Charlie both achieved success in their ice skating partnership and aren't hurting for money, although they might be making more if figure skating wasn't in such a doldrums in the U.S.

Obviously, Marina and Fedor have money too.

I'm just gaga at the price, not suggesting they are. :p I'm sure that for people with money, expansive resources and investments, $60,000 a week is nothing. This property is likely well-booked far into the future. :D

Last edited:

seabm7

Found these two video clips on Tumblr. You might have to right click on the picture and then click play to get the video going.

The Tumblr author says the video clips were originally made by Clay Davis. I found an instagram account who downloaded more IG stories by Clay,

Stefanie

I wonder if Katia Gordeeva was there since she seemed to be close to both Marina and Fedor.

ETA: I looked at the photo of the wedding invitation in the People article and it was interesting that it just said, "Fedor Andreev, son of Marina Zoueva." I wonder what happened to his dad.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information