Interview with Volosozhar/Trankov

hanca

Values her privacy
Oh, please. Don’t turn this thread into discussion about domestic violence and how wrong it was for Volosozhar to slap him. Yes, it was wrong and it is not acceptable, no matter whether it is a male slapping a female, a female slapping a male, a male slapping a male or a female slapping a female. Now, can we move on?

Rina RUS

Oh, please. Don’t turn this thread into discussion about domestic violence and how wrong it was for Volosozhar to slap him. Yes, it was wrong and it is not acceptable, no matter whether it is a male slapping a female, a female slapping a male, a male slapping a male or a female slapping a female. Now, can we move on?

I just think it is fair to be fair. :)

I don't like, that everyone just say, that Trankov is absolutely wrong, Volosozhar is absolutely right ("classy").

People here just say what they think about the mentioned situations. It was interesting to explore these opinions.

Don't worry. I don't think, that this thread is going to be much longer than it is. :)

Mad for Skating

I think he wouldn't use the same word in Russian, because this word supposes, that we speak about a woman. It is not always a "hot-tempered" woman, but a woman who uses all the ways to do something bad or to get what she needs (for example, uses her beauty, her cleverness). A woman who knows (for example), that people forgive women fighting with men, because women are weak, - and uses this situation. In short... this word is about those ways which women use.
As for a man... a Russian word "scandalist" can be easily used for a man. In short, it is possible to find a word. :)

By the way, Trankov tried to speak not about Stolbova, but about calm Klimov who anyway irritated his partner with his calmness. I think sometimes Trankov tries to say something good, but... he doesn't manage to speak only about the good side. :)

I wasn’t referring to the word itself; I just meant that it would be interesting to see if he would criticize her if she was a man.

And I agree that he sometimes has great things to say. Just not this time 😀

He means Mariah's nature. He says: "a God's dandelion". It means she is so quiet, that she would not hurt a fly. This is his opinion. He has a right to think, that somebody isn't able to hurt another person on purpose.

That’s true. But I don’t think we can judge a person based on a few impressions. Crooks come in all shapes and sizes - they can be shady-looking thugs or they can be beautiful young ladies. Again, I’m not accusing Mariah of anything; I’m just saying Max has no way of knowing whether she did it on purpose just by looking at her and thinking she is a sweet girl.

CaliSteve

That’s true. But I don’t think we can judge a person based on a few impressions. Crooks come in all shapes and sizes - they can be shady-looking thugs or they can be beautiful young ladies. Again, I’m not accusing Mariah of anything; I’m just saying Max has no way of knowing whether she did it on purpose just by looking at her and thinking she is a sweet girl.

Maxim was asked the question, he answered it and gave his opinion. If others can give their opinion, jump to a conclusion, or pick a side, so can he.

You are right, nobody knows what really happened behind the scenes at training, but everyone has an opinion, picks a side- either they are blatant or make thinly veiled statements/narratives. You and I are included.

You are also right about not knowing Mariah, but we also dont know Eunsoo either.

BTW- Im still waiting for ATS Management Group to release the proof.

Mad for Skating

Maxim was asked the question, he answered it and gave his opinion. If others can give their opinion, jump to a conclusion, or pick a side, so can he.

You are right, nobody knows what really happened behind the scenes at training, but everyone has an opinion, picks a side- either they are blatant or make thinly veiled statements/narratives. You and I are included.

You are also right about not knowing Mariah, but we also dont know Eunsoo either.

BTW- Im still waiting for ATS Management Group to release the proof.

Let me clarify: I’m not saying Mariah is guilty or innocent, and I’m not saying Eunsoo’s story is true or false. I have no details about it so I’m not going to comment either way.
I just think Max should’ve been a bit less eager to throw out the possibility.

Rina RUS

I guess for me it is not just about nasty "violence", but about culture.
According to laws fighting "is not acceptable", of course. But in contemporary world somebody has a right to fight anyway - even if we think, that only policemen have such a right.

Many decent Russian people believe they should be ready to defend somebody or something. Many peaceful Russians are ready to fight - even though some of them can be as naive as Don Quijote.

When people are used to think, that one who fights can be right, they need traditions which defend those who are weaker: three guys should never beat one guy, a man should never beat a girl. Maybe such rules sound silly for you, but these rules can work, when a law doesn't work.

And... it is just interesting to compare opinions.

To say the truth, I like, that speaking about Tatiana Maxim judges only himself - without adding: "she was wrong too".

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Let me clarify: I’m not saying Mariah is guilty or innocent, and I’m not saying Eunsoo’s story is true or false. I have no details about it so I’m not going to comment either way.
I just think Max should’ve been a bit less eager to throw out the possibility.

Maybe sometimes he just wants to defend someone for the sake of the worldwide peace. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information