Ice Academy of Montreal's I.AM LIVE event (Sept. 11, 2020)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Ahem, Hannah is Korean-Canadian.;)

They're another new team, put together last season. They only competed domestically, and made a bit of a splash there with their RD, where they placed very highly at both Challenge and junior nationals -- at the latter they were third going into the free. As you say, inexperienced, and they kept falling in the FD, so work to be done there.

As an aside, last year's RD rocked so hard:

I am now intrigued and want to know more about Ye Quan. Ice Dance.com bio of these two say he was born in Bolungarvík, Iceland in 2001. So what is the story there? Most tourists skip that part of Iceland so really curious how that happened ;)

emilieh

Oliver was a not-particularly-distinguished Canadian junior dancer who split with his previous partner (Katrine Roy, who's now skating for Italy) after 2018 junior nationals, where they were tenth.

This new partnership debuted last year, and they won the Japanese national silver and were at Four Continents.

Zhang didn't excel in juniors with Katrine Roy, but he did very well with a previous partner, Ariane Bonneau, and won the pre-novice Canadian title in 2014-15. He's been in ice dance for a while and has shown some talent IMO, but he has gone through a few partners.

Colonel Green

Zhang didn't excel in juniors with Katrine Roy, but he did very well with a previous partner, Ariane Bonneau, and won the pre-novice Canadian title in 2014-15. He's been in ice dance for a while and has shown some talent IMO, but he has gone through a few partners.
Yes, to be clear, I wasn't meaning to suggest that he's untalented (I've liked this team so far).

Jason Chan is another skater who had middling returns on the Canadian junior circuit but seems to have found a promising partnership overseas.

oz01

Does anyone know if there's any way to view this? I unfortunately missed the viewing window this weekend, but would love to still see. Any ideas or leads would be very appreciated :)

Sylvia

TBD
Jordan is back in Montreal today - part 1 of his livestream (38 mins.):

ETA:

Clips of Jordan filming earlier today:

Segments from the Sept. 11 show, posted by iceacademyofmontreal to date:

Papadakis/Cizeron (13 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHn2y8xDbRz/
Lauriault/Legac (5 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHlPbbwjlUS/
Fournier Beaudry/Sørensen (6 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHDi-gHDfya/
Lagha/Lajoie (6 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CHA-R0hDzAg/
Garabedian/Senecal (3 mins.): https://www.instagram.com/tv/CF5gkVHjtSQ/

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Part 3 is streaming live now (40 mins. in):

ETA that when I tuned in I saw parts of Hannah Lim/Ye Quan's Cats Jr. FD, Zachary Lagha skating solo to their West Side Story RD (he said Marjorie Lajoie is fine), a glimpse of Alicia Fabbri/Paul Ayer's Frida FD, and Emmy Bronsard/Aissa Bouaraguia working on a section of their new Jr. FD to Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet.

Last edited:

litenkyckling

Part 3 is streaming live now (40 mins. in):

ETA that when I tuned in I saw parts of Hannah Lim/Ye Quan's Cats Jr. FD, Zachary Lagha skating solo to their West Side Story RD (he said Marjorie Lajoie is fine), a glimpse of Alicia Fabbri/Paul Ayer's Frida FD, and Emmy Bronsard/Aissa Bouaraguia working on a section of their new Jr. FD to Prokofiev's Romeo & Juliet.
Zach also did a solo run through of their new Rio FD too - which was not what I was expecting! I was thinking they would just use the latin themes in the music, but it seems they've gone down the route of using the birds theme from the film (which I haven't seen so I'm not the best person to judge whether that was what they were trying to do or not!)

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Interestingly, Jordan mentioned (at the beginning of the afternoon live session) that he had driven to Montreal straight from Battle of the Blades in Toronto and that it was his last day in Canada. I guess that means that he's not involved with the on-ice filming for the finale on Thursday night :(

litenkyckling

Interestingly, Jordan mentioned (at the beginning of the afternoon live session) that he had driven to Montreal straight from Battle of the Blades in Toronto and that it was his last day in Canada. I guess that means that he's not involved with the on-ice filming for the finale on Thursday night :(
I wonder if he had to skip it to make it home to the US before being stuck in Toronto due to local lockdowns?

Orm Irian

Or he had a time-limited work visa and the delay in starting to film BotB moved the final episode past the end of his stay? (I have no idea how Canadian work visas work; I'm just speculatiing.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information