Ice Academy of Montreal's I.AM LIVE event (Sept. 11, 2020)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
They look like they're in shape, so I don't know what the exhaustion is all about. They're answering questions, but all in French.

chantilly

I think it will be fab for P and C Definitely better IMO then last year’s FD, but it seems a little un-original for them.

But some of their original stuff didn’t go over well so...

They definitely have a LOT of work to do yet.

They’ll skate it probably brilliantly though

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
P&C talked about what it was like to perform "live" for an event like this - definitely not as stressful as a real competition, but interesting to show some of the choreographic process and what their programs look like before we (the fans) get to see the finished product. And they like being reminded of what it's like to perform for an audience, even though the audience isn't there in person. :)

Wyliefan

They're teasing a new lift. They're working on it but haven't put it in yet.

Wyliefan

Did L/L do their new lift? I apologize if I got that wrong. I thought they said it was going in later.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Did L/L do their new lift? I apologize if I got that wrong. I thought they said it was going in later.

They did it after the RD runthrough. MF said to take a 2 min break and then do it as it's new and haven't done it in runthrough before.

It may be generic but it's definitely a step up from their previous lifts in difficulty I think.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Yeah. For someone who wants to be an actress, she has a lot to learn.

I think these two are too whitebread for West Side Story

I think some of you are looking at this in the wrong way. Their inspiration are the lyrics:
"Life can be bright in America
If you can fight in America
Life is alright in America
If you're a white in America "

So she should have a permagrin :)

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
In closing it was fun to see, not what I was expecting but what I was expecting probably can't be done in this format. It would need to be more live feed 24/7 ;)

But kudos especially to teams like H/D and P/C for not hiding and putting it out there because we all know when you are at the top you don't like to show your cards until you have a great hand but they were good sports and took one for the team :)

yurokis40

PC`s new fd won`t be much different than their Tango Rd from a couple a years they just streched it out to an Fd, like Fear and Gibson , Lajoie and Lagha great new lift great changes of positions and difficult. H&D, new rd blah.

heartyxo

PC`s new fd won`t be much different than their Tango Rd from a couple a years they just streched it out to an Fd, like Fear and Gibson , Lajoie and Lagha great new lift great changes of positions and difficult. H&D, new rd blah.

Oh Jesus Christ we get it you only like Canadians and permanently think they’re robbed

Colonel Green

I don't know what Sam Chouinard is on, but I want some.

Hubbell/Donohue's new RD looks like a much better fit than they've been getting of late.

I liked Marjorie & Zach's new lift, and it makes sense that that's what their coaches are focusing on for this season, since they were just using previous junior-era lifts in the first senior season.

What's the history on Fukase/Zhang? He skates like a Canadian male skater and she seems really new to this.
Rikako has been around in juniors for a while (you can see her with her previous partner in the ISU's recently-posted 2017 Junior Worlds videos):

Oliver was a not-particularly-distinguished Canadian junior dancer who split with his previous partner (Katrine Roy, who's now skating for Italy) after 2018 junior nationals, where they were tenth.

This new partnership debuted last year, and they won the Japanese national silver and were at Four Continents.

Chinese Canadian couple.
Lion King/ whoops Cats.
Haven’t seen either. Heard “King” and assumed.
They are so cute
Slow and inexperienced though.
Ahem, Hannah is Korean-Canadian.;)

They're another new team, put together last season. They only competed domestically, and made a bit of a splash there with their RD, where they placed very highly at both Challenge and junior nationals -- at the latter they were third going into the free. As you say, inexperienced, and they kept falling in the FD, so work to be done there.

As an aside, last year's RD rocked so hard:

You know, Hubbell/Donohue could instead have opted for a Chicago program but kept with their uh, theme by skating to "When You're Good To Mama."

starrynight

Re P/C - I don't think there would have been much point in pushing themselves this off-season. There won't be much of a season - the closest thing to any kind of competition won't be until 2021 anyway (perhaps Europeans and Worlds) and if Sinitsina/Katsalapov are injured, who could beat them anyway?

It's not like the Russian ladies who basically have the full world competition happening domestically anyway. Huge incentives for the Russians to be in shape.

Last edited:

chantilly

I don't know what Sam Chouinard is on, but I want some.

Hubbell/Donohue's new RD looks like a much better fit than they've been getting of late.

I liked Marjorie & Zach's new lift, and it makes sense that that's what their coaches are focusing on for this season, since they were just using previous junior-era lifts in the first senior season.

Rikako has been around in juniors for a while (you can see her with her previous partner in the ISU's recently-posted 2017 Junior Worlds videos):

Oliver was a not-particularly-distinguished Canadian junior dancer who split with his previous partner (Katrine Roy, who's now skating for Italy) after 2018 junior nationals, where they were tenth.

This new partnership debuted last year, and they won the Japanese national silver and were at Four Continents.

Ahem, Hannah is Korean-Canadian.;)

They're another new team, put together last season. They only competed domestically, and made a bit of a splash there with their RD, where they placed very highly at both Challenge and junior nationals -- at the latter they were third going into the free. As you say, inexperienced, and they kept falling in the FD, so work to be done there.

As an aside, last year's RD rocked so hard:

Thanks for the info. I’m don’t always distinguish between the Asian surnames well. But I thought Lim was Chinese. My accountant is a Lim and he’s Chinese. I also googled it and it said it was a Chinese surname.

Anyway, great to see diversity in Canadian skating.

Last edited:

sap5

I feel like if any team can pull off Burlesque it's H/D, I don't love it but I think it's a wise choice for them so they can sell what they can sell best: sex

Am I the only one who doesn't find H/D to be particularly sexy? I get why they take that approach, but I don't know if they're selling it too hard, or what, but I just feel like I'm watching two people faking sex and not faking it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information