German Skating Season 2020-21

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Müller/Dieck are back on the ice too.

So Dortmund and Oberstdorf seems open for national team members. Any word from Berlin and Mannheim?
This looks like the rink in Willingen. It's open almost all year long. We used to train there in the summers and had a training camp there once.

J

Jeschke

Aaaaw :swoon:
#skatingpartnergoals

marie1616

Short article about Szolkowy in the US. There is another longer Interview but I can't read it because it's behind a paywall

sus2850

I am not sure this is a good idea

cs.berlin

Did figure skating coach Karel Fajfr abuse the Würzburg figure skater Isaak Droysen? We remember: it was about serious mental and physical abuse of coach Fajfer against Droysen in connection with testimonies of other victims affected. The public prosecutor's office had been investigating this for months. What is the result? A fine (which the court does not want to disclose) because of a ... well, for a "slap"...
Both sides want to appeal.

cs.berlin

"Savchenko: Blood, sweat and golden tears"
"Savchenko: Comeback put on hold because of corona crisis"
(from mid-May)

Last edited:
J

Jeschke

German fed in search of new head coach for single disciplines senior:

Will Striegler be replaced or will this be a collaboration.

Not sure what a new head coach can do for individual athletes, but based on results of the last few seasons, some changes are desperately needed.

sandra_persch

German fed in search of new head coach for single disciplines senior:

Will Striegler be replaced or will this be a collaboration.

Not sure what a new head coach can do for individual athletes, but based on results of the last few seasons, some changes are desperately needed.

It sounded to me like they need a new one / additional one.
Is any of the existing coaches retiring?

cs.berlin

@jotipolizoakis Instagram stories
Things seem to go on in a funny way: Joti, the ice dancer (who has retired from competition last season) is practising single jumps and pair skating elements with Aljona (which is no longer represented in the federal squad), while Annika and Robert are also doing something - "secret" - on the Oberstdorf ice (instead of at home in Berlin ...)

Last edited:

sus2850

Nathalie Weinzierl is also training in Oberstdorf

cs.berlin

The "Eissport-Zentrum Oberstdorf" publishes a constantly updated calendar with various training events, at which the DEU also occupies two dates (on Friday in hall 1) - that's probably where the few sparse clips come from (it's a shame what a makeshift picture of the event is conveyed ...)
Besides... the controversial trainer Karel F. seems to be firmly integrated, but on the other hand his face is missing in the list of trainers, a mixture of keeping silent and still continuing as usual.

J

Jeschke

Besides... the controversial trainer Karel F. seems to be firmly integrated, but on the other hand his face is missing in the list of trainers, a mixture of keeping silent and still continuing as usual.
Huth, Just, Wendes, Sinicyn are others missing on this list.
So I guess they didn't leave Fajfr out just on purpose.

cs.berlin

It makes a difference whether a trainer is one of the regular coaches or just doesn't appear in the statutes as a changing guest coach - after the conviction in 1995, F. was banned from the profession for three years and returned to the German figure skating scene as a coach in 2002, largely without a word, as a permanently employed coach in Oberstdorf. Since further relapses have become known, efforts have been made in Oberstdorf to take F. off the line of fire. It is undisputed who pays him permanently as a "freelancer", but it is still kept quiet out of pure opportunism.

J

Jeschke

Hocke/Kunkel now coached by Savchenko with training in both Oberstdorf and Berlin.
More details soon
I am curious.
I think previous team of Rex, Schubert, Savin and König did a pretty good job with them for their first season.
Time will tell. But of course this sounds promising!

Great to see Aliona involved in work with german skaters! :respec:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information