U.S. Pairs 2020-21 season - News & Updates, Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk9tingfan

Because as a general rule vaccinated people are not being admitted to hospital. So the odds are more on she hasn't been rather than has been.

It's moot at this point though. We just need to hope she does well and recovers quickly. It could easily set them back in a season where they can't afford that.
I just don't understand the Russian roulette that some athletes are playing with this virus. Some won't get vaccinated because they believe that the vaccine will result in side effects that will hamper their training(Michael Andrew who had COVID). On the other hand, for the most part, the side effects are not so severe that it might affect an athlete more than a week. I wouldn't take chances.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
The bottom line is that we don't know Ashley's vaccination status and shouldn't speculate on it. As has been mentioned already, occasionally -- not often, but occasionally -- even the vaccinated end up in the hospital.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Video clip of Ashley & Timothy training their lift indoors in Vuokatti, Finland with the Mozer group (Russian pairs plus Zhuk/Bidar of CZE): https://www.instagram.com/p/CQy1OBDDh8H/
Since Ashley & Timothy were in Finland for 2 weeks training with Mozer's group in late June/early July, wouldn't both most likely have been vaccinated before they traveled abroad?

In any case, here's hoping she has a speedy and full recovery.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Because as a general rule vaccinated people are not being admitted to hospital. So the odds are more on she hasn't been rather than has been.

It's moot at this point though. We just need to hope she does well and recovers quickly. It could easily set them back in a season where they can't afford that.
I offer Anastasia Shpilevaya whose career ended due to C-19.

Lacey

If I am not wrong, many people who have been even doubly vaccinated have later contracted ******.

I don't mean to be rude, but really, her vaccination status is none of our business.

sk9tingfan

If I am not wrong, many people who have been even doubly vaccinated have later contracted ******.

I don't mean to be rude, but really, her vaccination status is none of our business.
The vast majority don't need to be hospitalized.

Last edited:

Erin

Banned Member
To clear things up (as I had also made the same assumption that Ashley must not be vaccinated given that she is hospitalized), she has stated in her Instagram comments that she has been fully vaccinated. Anyway, hopefully the hospital stay is short.

Lara

Bonjour/Hi to everyone at Worlds!
To clear things up (as I had also made the same assumption that Ashley must not be vaccinated given that she is hospitalized), she has stated in her Instagram comments that she has been fully vaccinated. Anyway, hopefully the hospital stay is short.

That’s pretty sobering. :( Wishing her a speedy recovery!

skatfan

I hope Ashley recovers quickly. Mykala Skinner got COVID last December and won a silver medal in Tokyo!

Last edited by a moderator:

Joubabe

What terrible bad luck for Ashley! Wishing her a full and speedy recovery. I’ll miss seeing her and Timothy skate in the meantime!

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!

skatingguy

decently
Young, healthy, fit, vaccinated and in the hospital. I hope she gets better quickly and am secularly praying for the skating season....
Do we know her vaccination status? I was under the impression that that was not public.

skatingguy

decently
Yes, it's been discussed in this very thread just in the past 24 hours.
I had seen speculation & conclusions but her Instagram post where she disclosed the illness & withdrawal from Cranberry didn't mention vaccination.
She herself said she had both doses, probably to shut the haters up who immediately jumped to conclusions.. like usual.
Thanks tony - I had not seen that info.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Why would you make any assumption about her vaccination status? She hasn't, as far as I've seen on her IG, indicated one way or the other regarding it. Are you assuming that just because she lives in Texas she's not?
99 % of hospital admissions are unvaccinated. So for her to be admitted to hospital the odds would have been very strong she’s not fully vaxxed. Hope she gets better soon, whether vaxxed or not. But nothing is 100%.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
99 % of hospital admissions are unvaccinated. So for her to be admitted to hospital the odds would have been very strong she’s not fully vaxxed. Hope she gets better soon, whether vaxxed or not. But nothing is 100%.
Can we stop with this cycle of coming back to suggest that she may not be? :lol: She replied directly to someone who asked, saying that she is fully vaccinated. And no, it's not 100% guarantee that you won't get very sick; there's always the chance.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Can we stop with this cycle of coming back to suggest that she may not be? :lol: She replied directly to someone who asked, saying that she is fully vaccinated. And no, it's not 100% guarantee that you won't get very sick; there's always the chance.

Plus someone upthread said Ashley posted an IG story the day she got vaccinated so it's not like she made it up just now. :lol:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
If she says she is vaccinated I believe her. She very well could have the Lambda variant or is that unfortunate 1%. I hope she can recover quickly and people will leave her alone. I cannot imagine how disheartening it would be to do everything right, end up hospitalized and then get questioned about your status or if you are lying. Just because she lives in Texas does not mean she thinks like the majority politicians there. I am in Missouri, that doesn’t mean I listen to anything my Governor says.

sk9tingfan

She herself said she had both doses, probably to shut the haters up who immediately jumped to conclusions.. like usual.
I think haters is a bit strong. I was just frustrated that she might not have fully protected herself. Mea culpa

I happen to love their skating and want to see both of them well for the upcoming season. It would have been helpful to have the information that was subsequently posted indicating that she was fully vaccinated. It's apparent that she feels lousy just looking at her facial expression, but she does not appear to been on any form of oxygen nor do we have any info on her lung function. This is encouraging.

mackiecat

I hope she is getting better Soon with no lasting effects. Looks like she might be either getting IV for fluids or even just getting blood sample. She doesn’t seem to be in oxygen so that is a good sign. This picture could have been taken in ER. Looks like it due to the blood pressure cuff.

Willin

I hope she is getting better Soon with no lasting effects. Looks like she might be either getting IV for fluids or even just getting blood sample. She doesn’t seem to be in oxygen so that is a good sign. This picture could have been taken in ER. Looks like it due to the blood pressure cuff.
I was going to say - if she's on room air and not requiring oxygen it might just be a quick trip for dehydration or something else. It's not considered "severe" unless you need oxygen. Unless something dramatically changed I'm sure she was sent home the same day and is recovering.

chachacha

I was going to say - if she's on room air and not requiring oxygen it might just be a quick trip for dehydration or something else. It's not considered "severe" unless you need oxygen. Unless something dramatically changed I'm sure she was sent home the same day and is recovering.
Agree, since their is no oxygen in site and appears to be on room air and she's posting on social media, most likely just some dehydration. Yes, I'm a medical provider and see a lot of COVID cases ;). Regardless of mild or not, wishing her a speedy recovery and bounces back quickly :)

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Summer US 2021 Scores

SENIOR PAIRS FS/TOTAL
Knierim/Frazier 136/205
Calalang/Johnson 126/195
Liu/O’Shea 125/192
Chan/Howe 118/182
Lu/Mitrofanov 115/174
McBeath/Bartholomay 108/167
Mokhova/Mokhov 98/147
Smirnova/Siianytsia 99/145