U.S. Pairs 2020-21 season - News & Updates, Part XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Starting a new season thread since the team envelopes were published today.

10 teams are currently listed in the International Selection Pool:

Jessica Calalang and Brian Johnson S2 (Team B)
Tarah Kayne and Danny O'Shea S3 (Team B)
Ashley Cain-Gribble and Timothy LeDuc S4 (Team B)
Audrey Lu and Misha Mitrofanov S6 (Team B)
Olivia Serafini and Mervin Tran S7 (Team C)
Jessica Pfund and Joshua Santillan S8 (Team C)
Kate Finster and Balazs Nagy J1 (Team C)
Winter Deardorff and Mikhail Johnson J3 (Team C)

ISU Junior age-eligible in 2020-21:
Anastasiia Smirnova and Danil Siianytsia J2 (Team C)
Cate Fleming and Jedidiah Isbell J4 (Team D)

-----

NEW teams (confirmed publicly on social media by the skaters and/or their coaches to date):
Alexa Scimeca Knierim S1 & Brandon Frazier S5
Katie McBeath & Nathan Bartholomay
Nadya Labazina (will be 16 in August) & TJ Nyman (he's 20 and this is his final season of ISU Junior age-eligibility)
Sasha Fakhroutdinov & Danny Neudecker S9
Nica Digerness S9 & Ian Meyh
Sarah Burden J8 & Matthew Rounis
Katie Holling & Chase Finster (he turned 19 last month)

Senior teams from last season:
Laiken Lockley & Keenan Prochnow S10
Maria Mokhova & Ivan Mokhov S11
Allison Timlen & Justin Highgate-Brutman S12
Emily Chan & Spencer Howe (WD from Nationals)
Brynne McIsaac & Mark Sadusky

Isabelle Martins & Ryan Bedard J5 (Team D)
Natasha Mishkutionok & Daniel Tioumentsev N1 (Team D)
Sonia Baram & Blake Edwards N3 (Team D)

Last edited:

AngieNikodinovLove

Frangi & Piazza & Paul & Hektor & Theo. Oh My! 😝
Are there no rules for split teams that create new partnerships for funding?

Knierim & Frazier?

AngieNikodinovLove

Carolla5501

I think thats a mistake by a Federation... They could be the number one team in the country... emphasis on could be

And wellll known by international judges.

Im sure they will be sent out to B's and stuff if there were a season, but still.

So because they could be the number one team we should reward them in advance? No, they are not the number one team and neither team they split from was the number one team so they don’t deserve to be rewarded in advance because you think they have potential.

sk8nlizard

So because they could be the number one team we should reward them in advance? No, they are not the number one team and neither team they split from was the number one team so they don’t deserve to be rewarded in advance because you think they have potential.
Actually isn’t Alexa currently national champ so she would be from the number one team?

AngieNikodinovLove

Calm down Karen. Save your Drama and complaining for Instagram.

I never said they were the number one team or should be advanced. I even put could be in italics but that would require you to read. And why would you start now?

I simply asked Sylvia a question. For ISU purposes they (ISU) does reward new teams and giving them GP assignments so I was wondering if USFSA made similar considerations.

Don’t respond to this either. Not interested in your Meryl Streep drammmmmaaaaaaa Today, tomorrow or the day after.

Put your phone down or leave your laptop, go for a walk. Get out of the house!

yeslek

Um. Wrong???

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri

I never said they were the number one team or should be advanced. I even put could be in italics but that would require you to read. And why would you start now?

I simply asked Sylvia a question. For ISU purposes they (ISU) does reward new teams and giving them GP assignments so I was wondering if USFSA made similar considerations.

Don’t respond to this either. Not interested in your Meryl Streep drammmmmaaaaaaa Today, tomorrow or the day after.

Knock it off, ANL. The only one being dramatic here is you. @Carolla5501 made a mistake about Knierim being from the number one team, but she expressed herself clearly without personal putdowns. Please consider doing the same.

aftershocks

Banned Member
All the teams will continue pushing each other. That's the important thing to remember. At the moment, it appears the athletes are staying optimistic and continuing to work hard. Everything is still up in the air regarding the upcoming season. But I hope something is figured out for the skaters to compete, even if in a different format without spectators. Good luck to all U.S. pairs teams! :cheer2: :respec:

Sylvia

Alexa Knierim's "Happy 4th of July!" clip shows 4 pairs doing death spirals at Great Park Ice (her & Brandon, Megan Wessenberg & Chris, Katie McBeath & Nate Bartholomay who have arrived there, and Jessica & Brian): https://www.instagram.com/p/CCOcdCnDmVW/

The new International Ice Academy of Colorado Instagram account is featuring one of their pairs each Friday:

Nadya Labazina & TJ Nyman (this new team is planning to compete senior at the national level): https://www.instagram.com/p/CCMMCoIpa4A/

Kayne & O'Shea (he "is going to school for a dual major of business and engineering" & she "will finish her business degree this year"): https://www.instagram.com/p/CB6eGnKJnAZ/

Flip Jump

Why is Chris Knierim skating with Megan Wessenberg? I hope he is one of her coaches and not her partner.

LL22

Are there no rules for split teams that create new partnerships for funding?

Knierim & Frazier?

I’m sure Usfs will do what they can for them. They will be put in the ISP right away, so they may not receive team A or B funding, but they will receive some sort of financial support.

Also, I thought I read that the ISU increased the age by one year for the JGP given the current COVID situation. Does anyone know if that is true? Some of the junior teams may have more time if this rule is true.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Why is Chris Knierim skating with Megan Wessenberg? I hope he is one of her coaches and not her partner.

Chris is retired. Of course he's serving as one of Megan's coaches. AFAIK, Megan is still searching for a partner. In the interim, she needs to train with someone.

Sylvia

From the previous U.S. Pairs news thread:
Benoit Richaud did choreography via video for Labazina/Nyman (music not yet known) as well as for Kate Finster/Balazs Nagy (SP music is "Lost Without You" by Freya Ridings), according to recent Instagram stories I saw.

Choreographer Randi Strong recently worked in person with Kayne/O'Shea on their FS to Carmen: https://www.instagram.com/p/CA_HDwcJugP/

Re-posting here from the Programs/Choreographers thread:
Lockley/Prochnow have a new SP by Rohene Ward. No music listed yet, but see her stories for a glimpse of choreography. https://instagram.com/laikenlockley?igshid=1fb2j0by8si3w
ETA:

Per IIAC's Instagram, choreographer Phillip Mills is instructing in Monument, CO this week and has choreographed a program for McIsaac/Sadusky.

Last edited:

PairSkater12345

OOOHHH we have a BEE in the
Bonnet ANL

yeslek

Actually I'm very happy, I thought it was funny. It certainly is true.

I guess I don’t find my humor from putting people down. Especially when they are trying to make a career out of becoming a coach.

Also- many coaches are better at coaching than completing the elements at competition on their own. Do you think raf and eteri were as good as their students??

PairSkater12345

I guess I don’t find my humor from putting people down. Especially when they are trying to make a career out of becoming a coach.

Also- many coaches are better at coaching than completing the elements at competition on their own. Do you think raf and eteri were as good as their students??
I think you have to be focused on improving your coaching skills and have a passion for coaching and not just go through the motions.

Spiralgraph

Reading that list of team envelopes got me wondering which pairs do are in Jim Peterson's camp now? KateMcBeath/Nate Bartholomay are with Jenni Meno and Todd Sand now. All I can think of are Pfund/Santillian. What pairs am I missing?

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Pfund/Santillan were removed from team envelopes and ISP recently, so maybe they have retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information