German Skating News - Part 3

blademate

What's going on with Ingo Steuer? Is he still coaching in Florida? Or is it true he has gone back to Germany?

J

Jeschke

What's going on with Ingo Steuer? Is he still coaching in Florida? Or is it true he has gone back to Germany?

Word was he is back in GER.
Does Bock have a new coach finally? Striegler is located in Berlin, or is she travelling back and forth?
Ingo is listed among Striegler as her coaches, but I think he was listed all season long, so...

btw. Bocks new SP is choreographed again by Camerlengo, no word about the music though.

#teampink

Yehudi

AITA
The splits brought a question to mind. A lot of the German athletes receive funding through the army. What does the German army require in return for the funding? For example, my friend had his entire education paid for by the military. In return, he had another five years of service (albeit at the budget office).

If Lorenz and Polizoakis were part of the army, would they have to pay them back in any way?

care bear

AFAIK they have to do for a few month what a normal soldier of Bundeswehr does. Here is an article (April 2015) on Savchenko in the army http://www.freiepresse.de/SPORT/Mit-Verlobungsring-zur-Armee-artikel9168056.php die 31-Jährige ist jetzt Soldatin und absolviert die Grundausbildung an der Schule für Feldjäger und Stabsdienst in Hannover. In den sechs Wochen lernt sie unter anderem, wie eine Armee funktioniert, erhält eine Sanitätsausbildung und wird im Schießen ausgebildet. Please use coogle translate.

J

Jeschke

The splits brought a question to mind. A lot of the German athletes receive funding through the army. What does the German army require in return for the funding? For example, my friend had his entire education paid for by the military. In return, he had another five years of service (albeit at the budget office).
If Lorenz and Polizoakis were part of the army, would they have to pay them back in any way?

good question; van Cleave was funded by the army too and we know he is now touring with a cruising ship ( :drama: ); so seems more like quitting/losing job/funding.

i think most of the time, already 'succesful' athletes (or succesful upcoming juniors) got included in the army here. as lorenz was not even located in germany, neither has had a partner and joti has had a very semi-succesful turn into single seniors, i doubt they were part of the german army.

the last skaters i know of germany were liebers, zhiganshina/gaszi, aliona, blommaert, van cleave, urban who were funded.

J

Jeschke

btw. part of the german team is now on lanzarote for a athletic seminar; according to german fed this is the first team preaparation for the upcoming season since years. 11 athletes are there.

seniors: bock, dastich, kempf, vartmann/blommaert, koch/nüchtern

judiz

Bumping this up just to ask if there are any updates about Kavita and Joti? Is now the time to search for new partners or will that be in August when the skaters in Novi return from break?

J

Jeschke

vartmann/blommaert are in canada right now for new programs with mark pillay.
happy they keep working with him, their last seasons short progra was one of my 2 favourites among all pairs.

Go V/B! Kick ass this season:cheer2:

Marta24

Good news ?!

Lorenz/Polizoakis are back together.
http://www.sport.de/news/ne2263375/deutsches-eistanz-paar-macht-weiter/

They had a meeting with Martin Skotnicky and head of german fed Dönsdorf in Munich.
Shpliband will remain as coach.

Don't know what to think of this...kinda strange. Bomb still ticking...?

Either way: happy for Kavita :encore:
Kolbe and Caruso also broke up for a few months and decided then that they should continue together. Hopefully, it's going to work out for Kavita and Joti. German ice dance needs them.

J

Jeschke

Kolbe and Caruso also broke up for a few months and decided then that they should continue together. Hopefully, it's going to work out for Kavita and Joti. German ice dance needs them.

it's not like kolbe/caruso have been around for too long in their career... :shuffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information