German Skating News - Part 3

J

Jeschke

Rumor has it that Lorenz-Poliziakis are not training since Worlds and might split up.
Lets pray that it is just a rumor.
:huh:

the germans are so fun these last 2 seasons; so much drama. love it :encore:
not to know what to think about that. at worlds they seemed pretty fine, or? would be such a shame for kavita after all these years of waiting.

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
A quickstep? Of course! :inavoid: I was wondering what hasn't she already done that would add to her collection, and there's even dance-holds involved. :swoon: Maybe it's a Finn-step since its Helsinki Worlds! Although on second thought - it could also be a tango. She deliberately put the video without sound :drama:

what a sneaky clever crazy :glamor: she is, I love that there's a new program already (and I already love the idea/choreo)! Get that 10 Aljona. :kickass:

Last edited:

levineismine

I believed in Hubbell&Donohue before it was cool
That seems strange. I thought they had a great debut for a first year team and showed lots of promise. Let's see...

C

casken

Rumor has it that Lorenz-Poliziakis are not training since Worlds and might split up.
Lets pray that it is just a rumor.

Oh for f*cks sake. What the hell is going on? Am I cursed? Is every skater/team I remotely like going to get injured/retire/split up/banned under questionable circumstances?

Marta24

(German Ice Dance) It really had it rough since Winkler/Lohse retired. Zhiganshina/Gaszi at least showed some decent results, but the younger teams, that showed some potential, either split up or retired.

Well, hopefully Kavita Lorenz manages to find another partner, maybe Stefano Caruso would be an option.

J

Jeschke

So if the rumour turns out to be true, Lorenz, Urban and Zhiganshina would be without a partner:drama:
Wonderful prospects...:slinkaway

Cherub721

YEAH!
What a shame if they've split. I'm sure they could have challenged for top ten next season since they were already so good with no time at all really. Damn.

Marta24

Kavita just confirmed on her Facebook page that their partnership has ended. She's looking for a new partner.

:( Hopefully she can find someone. I`m not sure if there is a German guy she could skate with. German Ice Dance needs some stability.

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Oh for f*cks sake. What the hell is going on? Am I cursed? Is every skater/team I remotely like going to get injured/retire/split up/banned under questionable circumstances?

We should for a club.
Never get excited about a pair or couple in their 1st season together.

(Could we have her test with Sergei Mozgov? How tall is she?)

J

Jeschke

Such a shame. There is no guy available nor her level anywhere in Germany, or?

German dance is such a rollercoaster for all these young pairs... :wuzrobbed

figureskatingforlife

Will be interesting to see what he has to say about that.

Urban/Polizoakis?
Zhiganshina/Polizoakis?
Hoffmann/Polizoakis?

He has some options free.

Lorenz/ Salatzki?

I don't have any other german skater in mind for her..??

sandra_persch

I was thinking maybe Urban / Polizoakis too but you never know.
Hoffmann has retired and is cruising the Caribbean while working at the same time.
Hendrik Hilpert is looking but he wont be up to Lorenz' level I would say.

figureskatingforlife

It would make sense that she's staying in Novi since she was training there already for 2 or 3 years if I remember correctly?!

I do hope he continues! He's a great talent and his transition to become a icedancer is unbelievable! Germany definetly needs him! I've just heard that he's into his relationship and I don't know if that could might make him decide against skating?

J

Jeschke

Urban would be the logical choice if Joti might come back to Oberstdorf - but, ...
1) how plausible is this? (he wanting to come back to germany)
2) does he continue at all?

Lorenz has to find a foreign guy or needs to get Caruso out of retirement. There is no german option for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information