German Skating News - Part 3

text_skate

It took Nelli years though.
Don't remind me ... :yikes:AFAIK they had for years visa issues. Nelli learned German very early in her partnership with Gazsi. But Nelli got only tourist visa for Germany, not enough income. When they moved from Chemnitz to Oberstdorf in 2011 they got a residence permit (she was in need of some lenient or in figure skating interested authorities)

Some of their worries then, just as a reminder how difficult it can be to become a German citizen: https://www.taz.de/!5128113/

lizafan

Matthaei/Pfisterer scored 102,28pts at JGP LAT.
This is only 7pts less than S/W last weekend at JGP CRO.

I do think, that S/W are the best german junior team and am very sure they are the ones, we will see at junior worlds. My statement, which was partly quoted by you, referred to the goal of making the JGPF. That's why I came up with the 2nd team to show, that the distance of losing the spot (about 7pts) is right now more likely than getting to JGPF (missing about 40pts).

My comment was more sort of a joke. :cool:
I wanted to say that S/W are maybe not perfect but still ahead of the national competition. But I forgot about M/P, you're right. Was sort of more thinking of the rather discouraging appearance of Luft/Kazimov in Salzburg.

lizafan

The post-Nebelhorn tableau of The Race to Olympia
(in bold those who fulfilled the standard)

Men (standard 208)
P LIEBERS 207.89 (CHCAN 207.89)
P FENTZ (CHFIN *)
Competing this week: P FENTZ (CHFIN)

Ladies (standard 150)
N WEINZIERL 155.95 (CHGER 155.95)
L J DASTICH 150.38 (CHITA 150.38)
N SCHOTT (GPRUS *)
Competing this week: Nobody

Pairs (standard 157)
SAVCHENKO/MASSOT 211.08 (CHGER 211.08 GPCAN * GPUSA *)
HOCKE/BLOMMAERT 180.37 (CHGER 180.37)
HASE/SEEGERT (CHFIN *)
Competing this week: HASE/SEEGERT (CHFIN *)

Dance (standard 137)
LORENZ/POLIZOAKIS 152.50 (CHGER 152.50 GPCAN *)
KOCH/NÜCHTERN 136.98 (CHSVK 136.98)
URBAN/STEFFAN (CHFIN *)
Competing this week: URBAN/STEFFAN (CHFIN *)

Now we're cooking with gas in the dance competition: Germany's hottest (and probably best) dance team is entering the race. :cheer2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information