German Skating News 2018/19

SamuraiK

Sadly I dont think there are many options for Joti in GER unless he picks a small junior singles girl to start from scratch like Blommaert did with Hocke.

Maybe "stealing" Jennifer Urban (160cm) from Steffan?? :shuffle::shuffle:

J

Jeschke

So we get K/N vs M/D at NRW Summer Trophy in 2 weeks, if they show up.
I like that early clash in the season.

Talking a look at our JGP ladies entries (+subs) leaves me kinda worried though. Not that this comes as a big surprise.

sandra_persch

So we get K/N vs M/D at NRW Summer Trophy in 2 weeks, if they show up.
I like that early clash in the season.

Talking a look at our JGP ladies entries (+subs) leaves me kinda worried though. Not that this comes as a big surprise.
Nobody wants the first JGP. With 7 spots i'd guess Dastich and Marold each get to choose 2 and the others will be decided next week during training camp and monitoring.

figureskatingforlife

Don’t understand why K/N would ever put themselves in a position where it’s clearly that M/D will win - NRW is a familia extravaganza organized by Father Dieck.

text_skate

dpa has a quote by Aliona to the Özil debate:https://www.sueddeutsche.de/news/sp....urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-180729-99-339028

_ Aliona can understand his position. Everybody decides for himself, what's best. "If he is unhappy, it's the best decision."
_ She also occasionally has had the feeling of not being accepted, when she was skating with Robin. After her first win of WC a lad said to her: You're a foreigner, which was unfair an not nice.
_ "If you're giving your best for a country, you should be accepted the way you are and where you from."
_ "I'd feel better, if that had been acknowledged more. But I won't be saddened by it. I love Germany."

Background: Mesut Özil resigned from the German national football team citing 'racism and disrespect'. All, after a debate about his all smiles photograph with Erdogan took a nasty and often racist turn over the weeks following, particularly in social media and with some media outlets and in the end, he was blamed by many for the teams disastrous performance in Russia.
Since his resignation there's a widespread debate. So in consequence everybody is asked.

Eislauffan

dpa has a quote by Aliona to the Özil debate:https://www.sueddeutsche.de/news/sp....urn-newsml-dpa-com-20090101-180729-99-339028

_ Aliona can understand his position. Everybody decides for himself, what's best. "If he is unhappy, it's the best decision."
_ She also occasionally has had the feeling of not being accepted, when she was skating with Robin. After her first win of WC a lad said to her: You're a foreigner, which was unfair an not nice.
_ "If you're giving your best for a country, you should be accepted the way you are and where you from."
_ "I'd feel better, if that had been acknowledged more. But I won't be saddened by it. I love Germany."

Background: Mesut Özil resigned from the German national football team citing 'racism and disrespect'. All, after a debate about his all smiles photograph with Erdogan took a nasty and often racist turn over the weeks following, particularly in social media and with some media outlets and in the end, he was blamed by many for the teams disastrous performance in Russia.
Since his resignation there's a widespread debate. So in consequence everybody is asked.

I think you cannot really compare Aljona's and Mesut Özil's situation (although I understand why the journalist wanted to ask Aljona about her experience).
Posing with the Turkish president who is widely regarded as a despotic ruler and almost as a dictator, was very stupid of Mesut Özil and the other player, Ilkay Gündogdan. Their managers were even more stupid not to realize the scandal potential. A third German player of Turkish origin btw had declined to join.

While Aljona was born and raised in Ukraine and moved to Germany when she was 19 years old, the players were born and raised in Germany and probably speak better German than Turkish. They could have been integrated perfectly. It is sad that they apparently felt closer to the Turkish president or Turkey than to Germany which highlights that we certainly have a problem with integrating even second- or third generation immigrants.
I also feel that Özil was treated unfairly by the German Football Association and by others. You cannot blame him alone for the poor performance of the team in the World Cup. I agree with Özil and others that have come forward that they are unfortunately not completely accepted in Germany, even though they were born and raised in the country. So I can understand how that whole mess happened.
For Aljona and Bruno it is easier, since they don't look "foreign" and especially Bruno's name doesn't sound too foreign either. Nevertheless there weres some mean comments on social media even after they won the Olympic gold, saying that they are not German etc. Bruno was also criticized that his German is not good enough. Aljona has fully embraced Germany as her new home and she is integrated perfectly. Bruno got criticism in France that he decided to compete for Germany and took German citizenship. From the very beginning, btw, he had a little German flag on one skating boot and a little French flag on the other boot.

J

Jeschke

Don't want to intrude the GP thread:
Battling Hase/ Segert would be a step back for Hocke/ Blommaert. With what they've achieved in their very first season they probably are more into a battle with the American teams and Efimova/ Korovin. That's what I hope for!

I get your point, but to be fair, in head to head H/S lead 2-1

Nontheless I expect H/S standing no chance based on PCS alone :yawn:

J

Jeschke

Is the senior monitoring taking place alongside NRW Summer Trophy or am I wrong?
If so, if someone has some infos, always appreciated ;)

J

Jeschke

Taking a look at junior results at NRW Summer Trophy, maybe fed should think about Jagoda's JGP-spot :shuffle:

sandra_persch

Taking a look at junior results at NRW Summer Trophy, maybe fed should think about Jagoda's JGP-spot :shuffle:
They only have 6 spots and unless Jagoda did very well at the summer training camp they should switch the jgp around.

Should be interesting to see if they use the spots in CAN.

sanni

In senior ice dance Müller/Dieck are in first place, Koch/Nüchtern only in third place. But the difference between them are only 1,18 points! Maybe we have an other result later today...

sandra_persch

Guess the first "consequences" from the summer monitoring are already visible on yesterdays JGP assignment changes.
Elodie Eudine is now listed for both SVK + AUT and no German lady is listed for LTU anymore.

According to the article from the junior training camp the guys were doing fairly well already but except for Eudine the ladies seem to have been pretty far behind in competition readyness.Injury and illness are mentioned as the reasons

https://www.eislauf-union.de/nation...382-sommerlehrgang-der-junioren-in-oberstdorf

Question for me is .... will Dastich not do JGP after all or is just getting the later ones. There are still 4 spots .... so two each for Dastich and Marold is still possible.

J

Jeschke

Dastich pulled out of the LTU jgp?
Is she injured? As she was entered for NRW summer trophy too?

J

Jeschke

How dare you forget Hase/Seegert you need to stay updated because they got SA, and INF
How dare you not checking the thread properly ;)

This post was from June 30th, where H/S still had no spot.
If you take a look at post#41 in here (July 31st), I mentioned H/S's addition to GP circuit.

Last edited by a moderator:
J

Jeschke

Müller/Dieck RD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6XqANc1h_4

I like the music; still too much theatrically for me, but apart from that, not bad.
The lift though does not work with the concept of the program, imho.

Seems like someone took decent videos, now get me K/N's programs!

shan

Yeah. The spoken words are a distraction. But, I do appreciate the thought put in to their dance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information