From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ka3sha

Amy L

in the first half of the season, Lazukin skated to a Prelude by Sergei Rachmaninov in the Free Skating, which was his own idea. However, coach Mishin didn’t like the program and the skater had to dump it and came to Russian Nationals with a new program to Tchaikovski’s Romeo and Juliet.

:mitchell:Mishin:mitchell: That Rach program had potential.

Lazukin also doesn’t mind being in the shadow of his popular girlfriend.

Yeah, because the more interviews she does where she recommends having sex everyday just becomes more and more flattering for him. :lol: :grope:

Eislauffan

in the first half of the season, Lazukin skated to a Prelude by Sergei Rachmaninov in the Free Skating, which was his own idea. However, coach Mishin didn’t like the program and the skater had to dump it and came to Russian Nationals with a new program to Tchaikovski’s Romeo and Juliet.

:mitchell:Mishin:mitchell: That Rach program had potential.

I don't know. I found the music was too heavy for him. But Andrei said he felt the program would have developed with him as the season progressed. He is thinking about bringing it back - if the boss allows it, that is. :D

Tinami Amori

Who's been missing Averbukh's libretto?

Apparently, the main idea of Tarasova/Morozov new EX program to 'Sos d'un Terrien' is - "a weeping of an earthling, who sees his planet die from lies and hypocrisy"

The only "Sos d'un Terrien" that i know is from a musical "Starmania" and the "libretto" makes sense.. (but i am not able to match the music cuts in the ex-programme to the musical's soundtrack).

Starmania/Sos d'un Terrien: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fms-RDCURSU
T/M show clips (starts on 2nd segment): https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsBVgknMaa/

zebraswan

The only "Sos d'un Terrien" that i know is from a musical "Starmania" and the "libretto" makes sense.. (but i am not able to match the music cuts in the ex-programme to the musical's soundtrack).

Starmania/Sos d'un Terrien: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fms-RDCURSU
T/M show clips (starts on 2nd segment): https://www.instagram.com/p/BwsBVgknMaa/

Everyone already forgot Denis Ten's last FS program with the version by the Kazakh singer? And the Weaver/Poje tribute to Denis FD from last season?

Dimash: The story behind 'SOS d un terrien en détresse' with English subtitles

Mad for Skating

Ah, finally some good Russian ice dance drama!
Okay guys, I need Lena and Dima to come back together and slay, who's on board?

Who's been missing Averbukh's libretto?

Apparently, the main idea of Tarasova/Morozov new EX program to 'Sos d'un Terrien' is - "a weeping of an earthling, who sees his planet die from lies and hypocrisy"

That sounds all very dramatic, but I saw clips of the EX program and it's actually quite pretty. I believe the actual song's meaning is about a man who goes to heaven, it's a very beautiful song.

Everyone already forgot Denis Ten's last FS program with the version by the Kazakh singer? And the Weaver/Poje tribute to Denis FD from last season?

Dimash: The story behind 'SOS d un terrien en détresse' with English subtitles

I didn't forget! The first time I saw Denis skate that program, I almost cried because the music was so beautiful. After his death the music just took on a whole new meaning for me. And I loved Weaver/Poje's tribute program. I love this music and I think T/M's skating will go great with it.

anonymoose_au

I don't know the answer, but the fans of this pair are also dying - of frustration.

T/M are my absolute favourite pair and I wouldn't say I'm frustrated, more worried how this whole coaching situation might be effecting them, but if they know who's coaching them, I'm not so worried.

I want an artistic breakthrough for them, and I don't think this will be it. I hope they prove me wrong.

Speaking of this, I was surprised by how much I enjoyed T/M's Lord of the Dance program a few seasons back, which I didn't see at the time they did it because they weren't on my radar, but came across it on YouTube I thought that style suited them really well. But then I'm known for my questionable taste (Lyrics aside I quite enjoyed Candyman, it was cute! And I actually became a fan of them after their Electric Swing and Music programs) :p

starrynight

I also think that some people start off choosing to keep the privacy of their child from very public social media posts. Which makes sense to me. Some parents splash every moment of their childs lives all over the internet, and who knows if the child will appreciate that when they grow older and hundreds of their baby photos are there for all to see on Instagram and Facebook.

Last edited:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Vladimir Morozov on their coaching situation:

I have a feeling that am watching new tv series “How Tarasova/Morozov met their new coach” :shuffle:
Surely they have some sort of inkling what the possible options are and are maybe just waiting for everything to be finalized?

Does this mean the fed decides who their coach will be? That is sad.

starrynight

I noticed that a lot of Russians hide their babies' faces in social media posts. At least for a while. Whatever the reason, it's certainly not for us to judge. :rolleyes:

ps. Bobrova looks fabulous.

I think that keeping things as private as you can is also a good way to not invite all of the arm chair critics into the most personal aspect of your life. There's something about anything to do with children and pregnancy that makes people (particularly women) think they can say anything to a person they don't know.

For example, there's a big kerfuffle on twitter because someone took exception to something that was written in the book Meagan was reading in her announcement photo (cause they'd read the online Amazon review LOL) and then marshalled the twitter trolls to @ Meagan about it.

So then apparently, they decided that Meagan is anti-vaxxer because of something written in the book. Meagan just responded to say that she is going to have the baby vaccinated and she didn't write the book, was just reading it and asked people to stop spreading rumours. But by that point, the (probably disappointed) tolls weren't going to take that for an answer and just kept going.

So unfortunately, the same bunch of self-appointed pregnancy police are probably just going to be waiting to make any comment they please on everything Meagan eats, does, thinks, reads .... This kind of behaviour in people (and people do it in real life too) is something I just cannot stand. I'm sure anyone who has had a child or knows someone who has had a child has plenty of examples of this kind of unsolicited aggressive *advice* from total strangers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information