From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott512

I literally can't wear skates anymore cuz of that so don't be too hard on yourself. It's painful!
Its pain that comes and goes with me. I'm starting to get shoes that help with plantar fasciatis.

What figure skaters go through with pain and their boots is incredible! Much to admire with their toughness. You know what they are going through when the skates hurt.

Ka3sha

Interview with Khudaberdieva/Buzin after Russian Cup event #1 in Syzran

Apparently, that was Egor and Oleg Sudakov (E/B previous coach) to reach out for Liza and create a new pair. It was a surprise for Liza when Sudakov told her about this idea right after Junior Nationals.

Tinami Amori

For example Elena already denied the speculation about her and Aliona. :respec:
Elena did not exactly denied, she "bushed it off" with phrase that had a bit of sarcasm.
When at the end of March 2018 the rumor was out that Medvedeva is switching coaches, she herself sent a message to the press to leave her and her coach alone and that she is not going anywhere "together for the road ahead". Some of these girls lie when they get into difficult situation, especially those who have been "few time around the block" and learned to play games.

Tinami Amori

Russian Cup Event #2 schedule and live stream links are now available in the Kiss'n Cry 2020-2021 Section of this forum. For US and Canada Viewers it starts tomorrow Oct. 10th in very early morning.

Tinami Amori

Elena Berezhnaya sighting ... :)

Serafima Sakhanovich as "Elza" in "Ice Heart" @ Ice Theatre.

Nugumanova at practice

Irina Slutskaya with her recently born baby

Last edited:

Scott512

Elena Berezhnaya sighting ... :)

Serafima Sakhanovich as "Elza" in "Ice Heart" @ Ice Theatre.

Nugumanova at practice

Irina Slutskaya with her recently born baby
Thanks.

Irina had another baby? Awesome.

Scott512

Elena did not exactly denied, she "bushed it off" with phrase that had a bit of sarcasm.
When at the end of March 2018 the rumor was out that Medvedeva is switching coaches, she herself sent a message to the press to leave her and her coach alone and that she is not going anywhere "together for the road ahead". Some of these girls lie when they get into difficult situation, especially those who have been "few time around the block" and learned to play games.
What did Elena brush off?

lala

You would like to see that so so so much as I said. :D

There is no real reason and have you ever seen such things a skater instructs one of the coaches not to work with another skater in a school? I can imagine a skater doesn't want to work with one coach but she can’t decide who works with another skater!!! Plus do you think Plushenko would let it? Both of them professional! This is so absurd!

lala

What did Elena brush off?

Elena Ilynikh reacted to the rumour that she dosen't train Aliona https://www.instagram.com/p/CF4CJUEFVLZ/
via google translate

'Elena, did you really refuse to work with Alena at Plushenko's Angels? Why? All the media are already writing about this ... "

“I don’t know at all where the“ media ”comes from in some course, but it’s funny to read, of course,”

Is this not unequivocal?

hanca

Values her privacy
What is going on with Konkina/Drozd? They are the only dance couple we haven’t seen this season. They were not invited to the test skates (or were invited and declined?), they didn’t attend this Russian cup event even though they were supposed to be here... does anyone know? Injured? Split up? Or just need more time? As they are not on the main team, they wouldn’t have been able to train when all the other teams were invited into those closed training centres in the summer, so they had less time than anyone else...

Natanielle825

There is no real reason and have you ever seen such things a skater instructs one of the coaches not to work with another skater in a school?
It's not a normal situation like that. Very few top skaters train with other top skaters in their discipline, it is a unique situation that one school in Russia is considered to have all current and future potential medalists in the ladies discipline. If Trusova left Tutberidze specifically to not train with her top rivals, expressed as much to her new coaches, was promised or led to believe that would be case, and then someone went behind her back to invite her rivals anyway... She would be well within her right to consider it a betrayal and refuse to work with that coach.

NAOTMAA

It's not a normal situation like that. Very few top skaters train with other top skaters in their discipline, it is a unique situation that one school in Russia is considered to have all current and future potential medalists in the ladies discipline. If Trusova left Tutberidze specifically to not train with her top rivals, expressed as much to her new coaches, was promised or led to believe that would be case, and then someone went behind her back to invite her rivals anyway... She would be well within her right to consider it a betrayal and refuse to work with that coach.

If that was how it originally played out and that was her motivation for leaving Eteri then I wouldn't blame her either I would be pissed off too. I don't think it's selfish or immature for an athlete to want to be #1 in the eyes of their coach and not have to share.

Then I blame the adults on her side who made the contract for not putting it in writing. Promises mean nothing when it comes to money and competition.

hanca

Values her privacy
Hospitalisation means being admitted to a hospital. As far as I understand, Medveeva has been admitted to the hospital (as opposed to just attending hospital in and out the same day). So I think saying she was hospitalised is actually correct. But what do I know, it is not my mother’s tongue.

NAOTMAA

Is she going to the hospital simply for an examination and possible treatment and that's it? Because people may go to the hospital for a variety of reasons and its not always serious. When someone says "hospitalized" then the immediate reaction is something bad happened.

muffinplus

Hospitalisation means being admitted to a hospital. As far as I understand, Medveeva has been admitted to the hospital (as opposed to just attending hospital in and out the same day). So I think saying she was hospitalised is actually correct. But what do I know, it is not my mother’s tongue.

Hospitalization mean a hospital stay (usually for something serious). She is there for an exam.

Rina RUS

I think in Russian "hospitalization" means that a person is going to stay in a hospital (to sleep there, to spend there as many days as it needed).
We also can say "a planned hospitalization" when we don't want people to think that something bad has happened suddenly to the person.

AxelAnnie

Like a small boat on the ocean...
My guess is Eteri is forcing Evgenia to regain the Biellmann?!
I guess that answers the question about how Medvedeva’s training has been going. I was looking forward to seeing what new progress would be made with Eteri. Hospitalization doesn’t sound good.
I fear Medveva is finished. I wish she had listened to her own words she stayed with Brian.
She is there for exams, but she is staying there.
Exams can take several. Took them 2 days to do the tests..like a Ct with contrast that may suggest an MRI fir further clarification

hanca

Values her privacy
Not sure. It was one of the short articles, but I have read so many of them in the last three days...

Zhulin is such a sweetheart! (Not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information