From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

lala

This made the big news this morning, and is published in several major sports publications.
"Trusova will not work with Rozanov. Her coaches Mikhailov, Pluschenko, Alekseev". There are several versions of this announcement, but here is one of them.

Insiders for quite a while were saying that Trusova and mostly her parents are furious that Rozanov assisted Kostornaya with her transfer to Pluschenko. Few people noted that Trusova's father "had an argument with Pluschenko in high tones". Trusova came to Pluschenko and was promised to be "the star of the group", instead of "one of the stars", and she and her folks had no idea that Pluschenko also invited Kostornaya and other girls. They are upset that Rozanov was the one to push Kostornaya's transfer to Pluschenko (when she called him from the training camp in Novogorsk). Trusova transferred partially because of Rozanov who was to work on her jumps. Now they are not talking or seeing one another.

Both girls are now training at separate times (Pluschenko so far has only 1 ice rink, not the 2 rinks he promised them).

Here are some articles (in Russian) on the subject. Take your pick.

"Trusova is not happy with Angels of Pluschenko; refuses to work with Rozanov, and is having a fit over Kostornaya".

"Not the only, but one of several. Why Trusova is not happy with Pluschneko".

"Trusova no longer works with Rozanov".

:watch:

This is a big hype from nothing. This can be sensation who didn't read any Plushenko interview, or didn't watch Trusova's documentary. Plushenko told he is the coach of Trusova. Trusova said she wanted to train with Plush because... and her parents also wanted Plushenko. This is surprising for those who thought Plushenko can't train anyone because he is not a coach, only Rozanov.

They went the Kislovodsk training camp all of them working together, Rozanov was the choreographer. In August Kostornaia has arrived and because they wanted to train them separately Rozanov went to Alina. We can see this on test skate. BTW we will be more smarter after the week-end competition.

And one thing if we take this newspaper seriously, we have to believe Zagitova initiated the negotiations and wanted to go to Plushenko Academy in December. They wrote it. ;)

Last edited:

lala

You said you didn’t defend Pluschenko, but then you proceeded blaming the girls. So you didn’t defend him, but you did exactly what he was doing. How exactly is that different?

Eh..this is totally unnecessary..the truth is "blaming"..:) OK.

Last edited:

drfj

This is a big hype from nothing. This can be sensation who didn't read any Plushenko interview, or didn't watch Trusova's documentary. Plushenko told he is the coach of Trusova. Trusova said she wanted to train with Plush because... and her parents also wanted Plushenko. This is surprising for those who thought Plushenko can train anyone because he is not a coach, only Rozanov.

They went the Kislovodsk training camp all of them working together, Rozanov was the choreographer. In August Kostornaia has arrived and because they wanted to train them separately Rozanov went to Alina. We can see this on test skate. BTW we will be more smarter after the week-end competition.

And one thing if we take this newspaper seriously, we have to believe Zagitova initiated the negotiations and wanted to go to Plushenko Academy in December. They wrote it. ;)
as you said we will see on the test skate the result,but Rozanov is really good in teaching the jumps,he was the person who teached the jumps for the small children in the Tutberidze team,Plushenko was a great skater,but as a coach he did not show up any result until now

lala

as you said we will see on the test skate the result,but Rozanov is really good in teaching the jumps,he was the person who teached the jumps for the small children in the Tutberidze team,Plushenko was a great skater,but as a coach he did not show up any result until now

True. And? Just because he hasn’t had time to show what he can do doesn’t rule out that he will. If, for example, Trankov or Lambiel could have been a good coach, why not Plushenko? I understand many haters would like to see that :D but....
------

Elena Ilynikh reacted to the rumour that she dosen't train Aliona https://www.instagram.com/p/CF4CJUEFVLZ/
via google translate

'Elena, did you really refuse to work with Alena at Plushenko's Angels? Why? All the media are already writing about this ... "

“I don’t know at all where the“ media ”comes from in some course, but it’s funny to read, of course,”

drfj

True. And? Just because he hasn’t had time to show what he can do doesn’t rule out that he will. If, for example, Trankov or Lambiel could have been a good coach, why not Plushenko? I understand many haters would like to see that :D but....
------

Elena Ilynikh reacted to the rumour that she dosen't train Aliona https://www.instagram.com/p/CF4CJUEFVLZ/
via google translate

'Elena, did you really refuse to work with Alena at Plushenko's Angels? Why? All the media are already writing about this ... "

“I don’t know at all where the“ media ”comes from in some course, but it’s funny to read, of course,”
nobody said that Trankov or Lambiel are good coaches,Plushenko had time in the past 3-4 years but instead of coaching every day,he went in galas and shows,without hard work the results are not coming!

lala

nobody said that Trankov or Lambiel are good coaches,Plushenko had time in the past 3-4 years but instead of coaching every day,he went in galas and shows,without hard work the results are not coming!

Yes because he wanted to do that this was his plan. We could read it in 2015. The girls had coaches who could train with them every day. If I right remember Lambiel had many shows, too. :D
Back to Plushenko if you can earn $ millions and love to skate for the people or to train a junior and not a top skater what would you choose? However Sima had the best senior season at academy and Nastya had almost same results as were with Eteri.

drfj

Yes because he wanted to do that this was his plan. We could read it in 2015. The girls had coaches who could train with them every day. If I right remember Lambiel had many shows, too. :D
Back to Plushenko if you can earn $ millions and love to skate for the people or to train a junior and not a top skater what would you choose? However Sima had the best senior season at academy and Nastya had almost same results as were with Eteri.
a really coach starts coaching the small children,not the top skaters,now he has two top skaters,but they learned everything what they can do now,in the Tutberidze team,it will be easy for Plushenko to realize results with these two girls

Tinami Amori

via google translate
The link you posted is Elena's photo and her initial comment that she is with her partner @ Ice Age show.
However, if she does make a public statement, i am sure she is smart enough to brush off the situation (just because it happened internally, there is not reason to confirm it publicly).

But i tell you there is a real rumor, which is rumor: That Kostornaya has a crush (puppy love) on Rozanov, and when she came to Pluschenko's rink she was acting possessive towards Rozanov, physically and time-wise. In August he posted a very heartfelt "happy birthday" greeting to her, underlining that it's been "5 years together (training)". When Aleona had a foot injury in 2019, and could not participate in a competition, Rozanov took her with him (rather far out of town to Krasnoyarsk) to the Universade-2019 event (just the two of them, no parents). It was said that he did it to cheer her up and take her mind off injury.

While it is a rumor, i would not be surprised if Kostornaya has a crush on Rozanov, and is acting possessive at the rink. (and no i don't think that Rozanov is having an affair with her, but i am sure he is enjoying the admiration).

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Today's Senior Ladies participants list for the 2nd Russian Cup event.

Trusova
Medvedeva
Valieva
Frolova
Usacheva
Talalaikina
Shulskaya
Konstantinova
Onichenko
Sidorova
Kareva
Zabora

muffinplus

I think Tutberidze and Pluschenko are both as bad. When someone leaves Tutberidze, she gives interviews and tries to completely destroy the person’s reputation. Pluschenko does exactly the same, as he demonstrated with Sakhanovich and Tarakanova. The training in Tutberidze’s group is super competitive and the pressure is huge. Pluschenko says he would never allow any skater to be sworn at, and yet Sakhanovich and Tarakanova did not describe the environment particularly pleasant- Pluschenko not believing Sakhanovich that she was injured and making her skate even with the injury...where else did we hear it ...oh, I remember, it was Pitkeev and Voronov who described that she didn’t believe them when they were injured and made them skate with injury. So what is the difference? Just thinking, maybe Pluschenko and Tutberidze don’t like each other because they are too much the same and looking at each other is too much like looking into the mirror. Not everyone likes what they see when they look into the mirror.

Tutberidze has produced winners... something Plushenko has yet to do. Yes a lot came from other coaches but didn't have the results

Also don't think Kostornaia, Medvedeva and Trusova's reputations were destroyed because of anything she said. Maybe in Russia. But not elsewhere... She doesn't handle departures professionally that is true. but as you can see what she said about Alena ( re list of skaters) isn't a TOTAL lie. She also didn't really say anything too bad about Trusova iirc

hanca

Values her privacy
Tutberidze has produced winners... something Plushenko has yet to do. Yes a lot came from other coaches but didn't have the results
I was talking about how they treat their students, not about their coaching results. Pluschenko has competitive results unlike Tutberidze who was a failed ice dancer, Tutberidze has coaching results unlike Pluschneko who hasn’t been taking coaching seriously at first. But all that is irrelevant when measuring how damaging their skating school is for their student. And no matter how I look at it, they seem to me both the same bad.

lala

a really coach starts coaching the small children,not the top skaters,now he has two top skaters,but they learned everything what they can do now,in the Tutberidze team,it will be easy for Plushenko to realize results with these two girls

Yes. But for example Yagudin was a ready-made skater when he moved to Tarasova. Or I can say Shoma, etc. Plus those skaters were not in puberty.... Probably you forgot Sofia Titova was 23rd and became the Novice Russian Champion. You can't deny his work.

elenok

I don't defend Plushenko and I don't say he is better as Eteri in this thing. I just say Tarakanova was hysteric on trainings many times, the little skaters were scared of her when she did those scenes. This is true because I heard this from a woman who can attend the trainings.She wrote this to us when no one talked about Nastya's spilt. Tarakanova has a new coach, new club again and she went back to the criticised not well-sized rink. The Army of Skaters club is working at Plushenko's old rink.

If the woman you’re talking about is anais167 on Instagram then I think it is worth mentioning that she is a Plushenko super fan who has an Instagram dedicated to his son. Whilst she does seem to have some access to the day to day training at Plushenko’s rink it is also clear that she is not an unbiased source.

But we don't know the whole story.

I agree that we don’t know the whole story. I would imagine that Ksenia Ivanova does know it though given she was Nastya’s main coach whilst she was at Plushenko’s rink and she was happy to welcome Nastya back to her group now she has her own rink and ice time (she is head coach at Army of Skaters).

BTW with regard to Nastya ‘frightening the little children’ with her ‘hysterics’. All I’m going to point out is that Ivanova is one of the most highly regarded coaches in Moscow right now for kids 2012-14 year and she apparently isn’t concerned about Nastya’s behaviour or ‘hysterics’

muffinplus

I was talking about how they treat their students, not about their coaching results. Pluschenko has competitive results unlike Tutberidze who was a failed ice dancer, Tutberidze has coaching results unlike Pluschneko who hasn’t been taking coaching seriously at first. [/B]But all that is irrelevant when measuring how damaging their skating school is for their student. [/B]And no matter how I look at it, they seem to me both the same bad.

It depends. Sakhanovich said she would go back to Tutberidze and how she felt about the training, so obviously it worked for there and it didn't work for her with Plushenko 🤷

Also Plushenko has definitely a more individualized approach to "star skaters" as we can see so far. When it's Tarakanova or Sakhanovich this isn't the case, as he couldn't give a **** about either.

Tinami Amori

Also Plushenko has definitely a more individualized approach to "star skaters" as we can see so far. When it's Tarakanova or Sakhanovich this isn't the case, as he couldn't give a **** about either.
He also had Sotnikova for a while and bragged that he is training an Olympic Gold Medalist, and that did not go anywhere. His skating school is a private for profit establishment. Most of the money come from the big name celebrities who bring their children to skate and to exercise "for fun" and treat the rink/gym as a day-care centre. Pluschenko has not lead any of his long-term skaters to medals at major events.

I have no idea how much time personally he spends training Trus/Kost, but in the past he did not spend much time with even his top skaters who came to him ready and willing (per Tarakanova and Sakhanovich). He is seeking publicity and fame (encouraged by Rudkovskaya), but he seems to enjoy putting together big production shows a lot more than training skaters (except for his son).

Tinami Amori

Tinami Amori

Georgy Kunitza with his pairs partner, Evgeniya Tumanova.

Before Evgeniya was a singles skater, here are her videos.

Skibean

The link you posted is Elena's photo and her initial comment that she is with her partner @ Ice Age show.
However, if she does make a public statement, i am sure she is smart enough to brush off the situation (just because it happened internally, there is not reason to confirm it publicly).

But i tell you there is a real rumor, which is rumor: That Kostornaya has a crush (puppy love) on Rozanov, and when she came to Pluschenko's rink she was acting possessive towards Rozanov, physically and time-wise. In August he posted a very heartfelt "happy birthday" greeting to her, underlining that it's been "5 years together (training)". When Aleona had a foot injury in 2019, and could not participate in a competition, Rozanov took her with him (rather far out of town to Krasnoyarsk) to the Universade-2019 event (just the two of them, no parents). It was said that he did it to cheer her up and take her mind off injury.

While it is a rumor, i would not be surprised if Kostornaya has a crush on Rozanov, and is acting possessive at the rink. (and no i don't think that Rozanov is having an affair with her, but i am sure he is enjoying the admiration).

There were also rumors about Alina’s love affair with her choreographer Danil.

I’ve always found these rumors to be extremely inappropriate.

Tinami Amori

There were also rumors about Alina’s love affair with her choreographer Danil.
Yes, i remember. We already discussed it here last year, along with a rumor that he is having an affair with Eteri, and Stepanova. Aleona and Alina are very different, in personalities and behavior... ;)

Marco

Ka3sha

Evgenia officially withdrew from Russian Cup #2. According to Anatoly Samokhvalov, she will be hospitalized to get proper examination (still having back problems)

Mishina/Gallyamov also withdrew from RC#2, Gallymov tested positive for YKW. Fortunately, the Moskvins, Anastasia Mishina and B/K are okey.

Elizaveta Nugumanova broke her leg.

(info from TASS journalist’s, Vladislav Zhukov, telegram channel)

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
Wow, I didn’t know she had a sister. I love Zhilina’s spins, she reminds me of Lipnitskaya :swoon: Is her sister a good spinner as well as good at jumps?
At 10, she probably won’t be quite comparable to her older sister yet. Let’s give her time to show us what she can do. She hasn’t even competed at the younger novice nationals yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information