From Russia with Love [#34]: Autumn 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Perky Shae Lynn

But I need T/M :drama:
If you like stress, come over to my place
I like all 4As as well as a lot of other Russian ladies. Sadly, only 3 will get to Euro/Worlds and even more sadly some of my favorites are in a battle to even get to Russian nationals. I'm a big Zagitova fan and have been since she was a junior, but if the 3 younger skaters are on the podium at Russian Nationals and Russia goes with them, I'm good with that. But, it's too early to predict what will happen there. I really though Shcherbakova was the weaker of the 3, but I'm thinking Kostornaia might be in the sense of nerves getting to her. Trusova has nerves of steel and Shcherbakova was absolutely focused in landing the 2 quad lutzes at SKAM and making up the SP shortfall. So, now, I really don't know how things will go. If Liza/Mishin focus on maximizing her points, she's still very much in contention. Med will likely have to have a quad to stay competitive at Natonals. I think. But, who knows.
Scherbakova is the weakest overall, but I find her almost painfully adorable if that makes any sense :p

rfisher

Let the skating begin
If you like stress, come over to my place

Scherbakova is the weakest overall, but I find her almost painfully adorable if that makes any sense :p
It totally does. Her smile is adorable. She's just this bubbly little ball of fun who is having a great time when she skates. In some ways she reminds me of Radionova at the same age in that there is sheer joy when she takes the ice. That's one advantage of being 15. Everything is still fun.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
M/G won their first GP outing when has this happened before ?
did they beat Gordeeva/ Grinkovs record in debut ? and age ?

also P/K are into GPF with two silvers, B/K and M/G need only a bronze
if T/M dont win at CoR, they better hope M/G get silver in NHK to block MT/M

love_skate2011

Banned Member
M/G werent perfect from that salchow but PCS improvement
says they are behind B/K or T/M ? they are still in the running for russian no.1

T/M haven't skated clean and B/K are not consistent either.

NAOTMAA

M/G werent perfect from that salchow but PCS improvement
says they are behind B/K or T/M ? they are still in the running for russian no.1

T/M haven't skated clean and B/K are not consistent either.

They beat last year's Russia #4 by only a little over a point. They needed TWO falls from P/K to win. They made a mistake themselves too. That doesn't say #3 just yet. It means things are razor close.

And if the SP marks showed anything its when both are clean the judges (for now at least) will go with P/K not M/G.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
M/G won their first GP outing when has this happened before ?
did they beat Gordeeva/ Grinkovs record in debut ? and age ?

also P/K are into GPF with two silvers, B/K and M/G need only a bronze
if T/M dont win at CoR, they better hope M/G get silver in NHK to block MT/M

Mishkutenok Dmitriev won their first GP (SA) in 1988. They were older than M&G, I think. Artur was probably 19. Natalia was 20 or 21 when they the OGM in 1992. So she would be 16 or 17 in 1988.

Gordeeva Grinkov won their first world championship in their first appearance when Katia was 14 and Sergei was 19. I don’t know if they had GP those days. If they did, G&G were definitely younger than M&G.

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
They beat last year's Russia #4 by only a little over a point. They needed TWO falls from P/K to win. They made a mistake themselves too. That doesn't say #3 just yet. It means things are razor close.

And if the SP marks showed anything its when both are clean the judges (for now at least) will go with P/K not M/G.

more like going with programs, P/K have better SP but M/G have the better FS
mistakes on 3S-eu-3S would have scored them above 135+

B/K never even got those marks in the GP last year.

NAOTMAA

more like going with programs, P/K have better SP but M/G have the better FS
mistakes on 3S-eu-3S would have scored them above 135+

And with two falls P/K still scored 129! Without those they would probably be 135+ too

It's razor close and could go anywhere

starrynight

Just as an aside, I could actually see Zagitova's free skate dress sparkling on the TV footage. It must have been like a disco ball in person - because you can normally never see sparkles on camera. I really like this dress.

I think Zagitova is in a totally different headspace this season. I do think all the drama of last season must have affected her mentally a lot. But that's all in the past now, and all the pressure is on other skaters instead. I think Zagitova seems way more free.

I really liked the start of the program, but I just kind of wish that Disco Cleopatra music choice wasn't in there. It kind of wrecks the vibe a bit.

Last edited:

Dobre

Wheee! For Mishina & Galiamov. I really like them. There is no sense of entitlement, just a sense of out to do their best & learn from the experience:). And they both seem supportive when the wheels come off now and again.

It is quite an achievement to win your first GP in pairs. A good field for the opportunity, but still it's a lot to get done in a new environment and not so easy to prove yourself in pairs.

NAOTMAA

Umm, G&G won WORLDS when she was 14 and he 19 so, no. :p

Congrats to M/G! There were no seeded pairs in this field (withdrawals of both Z/E & J/C) but a GP win in their debut is still impressive!

Do you think this played a role in the marks? Nothing major at stake for any federation so who cares let the judges do as they please.

I know you can't compare different competitions but looking at the protocols I'm surprised in the difference in PCS marks P/K got in France compared to the marks they got at Skate America (where the Chinese #2 skated). In both competitions their technical marks are identical (65.84 SA 65.50 FRA) but there is an OVER 5 POINT difference in PCS marks (60.89 SA 66.47 FRA). In France they fell twice but only once at Skate America. Were they really that much better artistically in France? It just seems like a big gap for two performances that technically scored the same from a team that last year wasn't top three in their own country.

edit: not only P/K. almost identical for D/F as well! 65.28 tech./62.24 pcs at SA (their home event!!!) vs 64.85 tech/65.90 pcs in France. A jump in 3 PCS points despite the near identical tech mark

Last edited:

wickedwitch

Do you think this played a role in the marks? Nothing major at stake for any federation so who cares let the judges do as they please.

I know you can't compare different competitions but looking at the protocols I'm surprised in the difference in PCS marks P/K got in France compared to the marks they got at Skate America (where the Chinese #2 skated). In both competitions their technical marks are identical (65.84 SA 65.50 FRA) but there is an OVER 5 POINT difference in PCS marks (60.89 SA 66.47 FRA). In France they fell twice but only once at Skate America. Were they really that much better artistically in France? It just seems like a big gap for two performances that technically scored the same from a team that last year wasn't top three in their own country.

edit: not only P/K. almost identical for D/F as well! 65.28 tech./62.24 pcs at SA (their home event!!!) vs 64.85 tech/65.90 pcs in France. A jump in 3 PCS points despite the near identical tech mark
I think both P/K and D/F helped their reputation by medaling at SA, and that's likely a large reason for the PCS bump.

seruleane

as tiff is sharing a room in Grenoble with Zagitova, I have had the good fortune of being able to see her very close up. She has blown me away with how beautiful she has become!
Also she is also such a nice girl!

Love to hear my favorite skaters are nice human beings off the ice too! I remember she and Tiffany had a great time last time they roomed together. Hope they enjoy the rest of IdF :)

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

The difference is understandable because they are two different performances. No two performances are identical, in many disciplines - theatre, music, public speaking, etc. Throw in another variable - the panel of judges. The human factor cannot be ignored. Just because the tech marks are same doesn’t mean the PCS should be same.

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
International Scores
Alexandra Trusova 241
Alena Kostornaia 236
Anna Shcherbakova 227
Kamila Valieva 221 (too young for senior Nationals)
Evgenia Medvedeva 217
Alina Zagitova 216
Kseniia Sinitsyna 215
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 214
Viktoria Vasilieva 198
Daria Usacheva 197 (too young for senior Nationals)
Sofia Samodurova 187
Serafima Sakhanovich 175
Stanislava Konstantinova 162
Maria Sotskova 155

Russia Cup 1-3 Scores- Ladies (6 spots for Nationals)
Ksenia Tsibinova 206
Anastasia Gubanova 197
Elizaveta Nugumanova 195
Serafima Sakhanovich 192
Anastasia Gulyakova 192
Anastasia Tarakanova 188
Maria Talalaykina 175
Anna Sidorova 171
Anastasia Gracheva 169
Anastasia Kolomiets 168
Ksenia Mikryukova 167

Last edited:

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
International Scores (excluding JGP skaters who didn't make JGPF)
Alexander Samarin 265
Dmitri Aliev 255
Daniiel Samsonov 250
Andrei Mozalev 236
Petr Gumennik 232
Artem Kovalev 222 (still needs to qualify)
Sergei Voronov 220
Makar Ignatov 220
Egor Murashov 219 (still needs to qualify)
Andrei Lazukin 212
Anton Shulepov 183
Roman Savosin 182

Top Russia Cup 1-3 Scores (7 spots for Nationals)
Vladimir Samoilov 268
Sergei Voronov 263
Andrei Mozalev 257

Egor Rukhin 251
Andrei Zuber 232
Egor Murashov 231
Gleb Lutfullin 228
Leonid Sviridenko 223
Ilia Yablokov 215

haribobo

Why is summer so hot omg
Zagitova skates strangely, it's hard to watch. Tuk Med and Zag are all sort of challenged in diff ways anymore, all 3 could retire and very little would change at the top

DobrinFan

International Scores (excluding JGP skaters who didn't make JGPF)
Artem Kovalev 222 (still needs to qualify)

I don't know what still needs to qualify for Kovalev means. If it's Senior Nationals, then no, he is not eligible to qualify there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information