From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinami Amori

Oh gosh... that crazy man sat right on the left from me :scream::scream::scream:
I think I will hear his screams in the nightmares all week.
It was much more than "one man".... and he was not louder than fans of some other girl, who held up a huge banner which covered 3 rows of seats, preventing people from seeing the arena. There were plenty of public complaints to rink management over the "blanket 5 meter Med banner" which fell on some people's heads.

Ka3sha

It was much more than "one man".... and he was not louder than fans of some other girl, who held up a huge banner which covered 3 rows of seats, preventing people from seeing the arena. There were plenty of public complaints to rink management over the "blanket 5 meter Med banner" which fell on some people's heads.
I didn’t say I approve “the other girl” fans or “the other other girl” fans behavior.
I also had a feeling that I was sitting at a football or boxing match when they started trying to ‘overscream’ each other :scream:

mjb52

Literally who cares what medvedeva’s reasons were, I would think it would be appreciated that she has freedom of choice and can choose to move on whenever she wants for whatever reasons she wants, which are ultimately nobody’s business but her own.

Ka3sha

Hanna

Skating junkie
Aliona Kostornaia will start her season at Finlandia Trophy

@Hanna
:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: Oh my god

I admit, I have (not so) sekretly been hoping and hoping and hoping for this every time a new Challenger entry list has come up and she hasn't been on any of them.... and yet at the same time have tried not to keep my hopes up. :drama: Now I will spend every day of the following month worrying that she's going to withdraw. :fragile:

This + Boikova/Kozlovski is basically all my dreams come true. :swoon:

SkateFanBerlin

Are the test skates scored? Are the competitors ranked? On TSL it looked like it was Med, Tuk and Tru. I loved Med's skate but there were losts of mistakes.

starrynight

Are the test skates scored? Are the competitors ranked? On TSL it looked like it was Med, Tuk and Tru. I loved Med's skate but there were losts of mistakes.

I like the test skates because everyone can rank them according to their own preferences. A nice intro to the season without the cold hard scores. Everyone can rank their faves first lol.

But no they are not publicly scored - but those in the know could put together a rough scoring of their own if they wanted to. PCS is a bit of an unknown entity though.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
They are not scored or ranked. The purpose is to provide feedback on the programs to the coaches and skaters. The skaters are given protocols to review so they can make changes as needed. Only Russia makes these test skates open to the public. All other countries do this type of assessment in private.

seabm7

In a Korean forum, someone pointed out Shcherbakova's changing of custume could be considered as a spin element. Then she would loose a box. Is there anyone who knows regulation on spins in detail and confirm/deny this observation?

zoe111

Since you brought it, and without going into "old details".... In short, it's because smart people under that this is what happened. And people don't appreciated such behavior. It's that old "knock down the board game if you're losing".

On north-american sites people chose to believe "the PR-version" why "she left" - self-searching, improving, trying new things.... it flatters their egos and etc... but that is not what happened and why she left. some day the truth will come out.
OMG. Please

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
In a Korean forum, someone pointed out Shcherbakova's changing of custume could be considered as a spin element. Then she would loose a box. Is there anyone who knows regulation on spins in detail and confirm/deny this observation?
You're allowed a few rotations in a basic position to finish a spin. I don't think it's going to matter. If anything, the change of foot with the previous flying camel would just make it called a combination spin.

Also, spins of less than 3 revolutions are considered "skating movements," so again, she should be fine as long as she doesn't rotate too much during the costume change.

VenusH.

I think there is a risk of mishap with Scherbakova's dress. I remember when Laurine fell in her Grease costume... it started changing, it was flapping around and it further distracted her.

Anna does quadlutz on which there are chances of falling, or handdown at least, or not so smooth landing. Plus, she does some bending and stretching in her poses... she could undo one of the things that hold the dress in place at few points of her program accidentally.

wickedwitch

I think there is a risk of mishap with Scherbakova's dress. I remember when Laurine fell in her Grease costume... it started changing, it was flapping around and it further distracted her.

Anna does quadlutz on which there are chances of falling, or handdown at least, or not so smooth landing. Plus, she does some bending and stretching in her poses... she could undo one of the things that hold the dress in place at few points of her program accidentally.
There's always risk of "mishap" regardless of the nature of the costume, and that moment is pure magic. I hope they don't change it.

giselle23

I finally found Zagitovas music, that's why its familiar
it was used by Barsukova in Sydney 2000 Olympics

As others have said, The Feeling Begins has been used by many skaters in the past. My personal favorite is by the skater who shall not be named here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYDB9VEdbo (Don't look at the scores here--this was the one where she was dinged for finishing a second or so after the music.)

Finsta

As others have said, The Feeling Begins has been used by many skaters in the past. My personal favorite is by the skater who shall not be named here. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snYDB9VEdbo (Don't look at the scores here--this was the one where she was dinged for finishing a second or so after the music.)

Zagitova follows Kwan on Instagram, so obviously her team mentions her 😂

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I have to say (with some jealousy) what a brilliant politicking move it is on behalf of the Russian federation to invite Ted Barton to sit on the evaluation panel at the Russian test skates.

Come on USFS, get it together!
But, he's biased toward the Russian skaters! :lol: What if he gave them bad :sekret: advice? Oh, noes! We'll have to wait and see what subtle signals he's sending out this weekend.

Ka3sha

Behind the scenes, test skates

Ladies, SP
LP

Men, SP

Ice Dancers, RD

Pairs, SP

SinKats

Last edited:

wickedwitch

The biggest disappointment of the entire thing was the men (except Voronov). But the biggest disappointment of the ladies was Medvedeva's LP. I just rewatched it, and the complete lack of expression for most of the program is baffling. I would have never described her as wooden, but it's a fitting description for this performance. Even with her program issues last year, she still generally performed. I hope this improves as she gets more comfortable with the choreography. (Plus, the choreographic sequences just looked awkward.)

The biggest positive surprise was Sherbakova's LP which is an absolute delight and the ease of Tuk's 3As.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
There's an interview here with Sofia that looks like it took place after the short. Could someone please translate? Just the highlights would be fine. Thanks!

umronnie

There's always risk of "mishap" regardless of the nature of the costume, and that moment is pure magic. I hope they don't change it.
I must have missed something, but what is the point of the costume change? It has become quite a popular trick and mostly I find it annoying. The only program in which it was "justified" was Laurine's Grease program.
Cher's move is awesome, but i don't see the purpose it serves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information