From Russia with Love [#33]: Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finsta

[QUOTE="Tinami Amori, post: 5611615,

Alina is only a subject of such because she won Olympics, and "keeps beating someone's favorite". Alina has not said or done anything to deserve hate, trolling, and actions against her. Any critique of her skating, costumes, or performances IF DONE with purpose related to skating, and not to "troll for sake of trolling" or "creating an atmosphere of negativity as an agenda", has never been an issue.
[/QUOTE]

Alina and Medvedeva only faced each other one time after Olympics and that was Worlds- which other skaters fans do you refer to? All junior Russians beat Alina. Japanese ladies beat Alina. Many beat her at Worlds ‘18. I don’t see that Alina consistently was beating any one.

Why not let her enjoy her well deserved win at Worlds and stop focusing on perceived hate towards her.

hanca

Values her privacy
I am curious how well Konkina/Drozd will do this season. Drozd seems to travel A LOT. Not only during the off season, but also during the season. I am not sure how that fits with elite skating, unless he can manage to take Konkina with him, and ideally also their coach (which obviously won’t happen). Did he discover a way to improve their skating by long-distance practising, or practising over the internet? It is not my business how seriously he takes his skating, but I am curious how to achieve decent results without practice. (Assuming they will get decent results).

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
There are many famous Tatars: Russian pop singer Alsou you might remember from some Eurovision song contest, Rudolf Nureyev, Alina Kabaeva, Amina Zaripova, Irina Shayk, even Charles Bronson had Tatar roots.

Tinami Amori

Alina and Medvedeva only faced each other one time after Olympics and that was Worlds- which other skaters fans do you refer to?
At nationals, Alina came "in Senior" in 2nd place, Med was behind her. Also the fact of Alina making it to GPF, and Med did not. Those issues were a subject mentioned on fan sites. But the original "issue" is Alina beating Med at Olys. Like it or not, it is still an issue for a group of people; still being discussed. And don't be surprised - Plush/Yag are still a subject of discussion.
I do not know about other people. But I know that YOU personally incite hatred against Medvedeva.
Read my posts again. Critique of behavior, skating, skating related matters, on-off the ice is not "hate behavior". Threats and actions are, or call for "actions". That does not happen on FSU, from me or from others.

So are Mamun Sisters (also Tatar) and they are very supportive to Zagitova, and try to cheer her up when she feels down and alone. Take her to pet shops, or play games with her on line.. (it's in some interviews).

Lala Kramarenko (rhythm. gym) who is also part Azerbaijanian, also supports Alina Z. and did a show number in her honor.

Spun Silver

On another note... has this been posted? Arseny Fedotov, age 9-10, in some TV comp. This kid is pure talent. What a natural performer! I read that he was part of the Denis memorial show last week but I haven't seen any vid from that (of him). I hope he keeps on loving skating.
(BTW, there's also a TAT cameo. :lol:)

rosewood

MTT Meter= 177
On another note... has this been posted? Arseny Fedotov, age 9-10, in some TV comp. This kid is pure talent. What a natural performer! I read that he was part of the Denis memorial show last week but I haven't seen any vid from that (of him). I hope he keeps on loving skating.
Oh, he is the boy in Denis' show? I've wondered who the boy is. If so, here are clips where you can see him. He's the boy in a white shirt in the opening group number as well as the boy who did cantilever & spread eagle in the ending number.

He's a talent indeed.

Bigbird

I am curious how well Konkina/Drozd will do this season. Drozd seems to travel A LOT. Not only during the off season, but also during the season. I am not sure how that fits with elite skating, unless he can manage to take Konkina with him, and ideally also their coach (which obviously won’t happen). Did he discover a way to improve their skating by long-distance practising, or practising over the internet? It is not my business how seriously he takes his skating, but I am curious how to achieve decent results without practice. (Assuming they will get decent results).

I think he travels mostly on weekends. Besides, Zhulin's only real concern for this quad is S/K. But personally. I prefer Drodz to Kataslapov, the former just has it all.

EDIT: Konkina is also much more expressive and interesting a skater than Sinitsina, they just need more time :)

Tinami Amori

Oh, he is the boy in Denis' show? I've wondered who the boy is. If so, here are clips where you can see him. He's the boy in a white shirt in the opening group number as well as the boy who did cantilever & spread eagle in the ending number.

That boy is Arseny Fedotov, one of Tutberidze's "4 wonder boys". The video is from a Russian TV Ice show "Ice Age - Children" from last season 2018. TAT (Tarasova is the Chief Judge on this show, both this season and last).
He is 10 years old, skates in Novice, his last competition was this past Spring, where he came in 1st at the Junior Cup of Russia, with 248.14 points. Prior to that he won Cup of Moscow with 222 pts. He pretty much wins everything in his division for the last 2 seasons. Last year he was 2nd in Jr. Cup of Russia and 1st in Cup of Moscow.

2019 this season
2018/last season

He became noticed first at the age of 5/6/7.

Last edited:

Spun Silver

He's a talent indeed.
Hmm, doesn't look like the same kid to me. Arseny is blond and not so tall. Maybe I got the name wrong.

hanca

Values her privacy
I think he travels mostly on weekends. Besides, Zhulin's only real concern for this quad is S/K. But personally. I prefer Drodz to Kataslapov, the former just has it all.

EDIT: Konkina is also much more expressive and interesting a skater than Sinitsina, they just need more time :)
I am sure Zhulin wouldn’t mind to have one couple near the top, prepared to take over when Karsalapov gets again injured. He did have quite a few injuries the past few years. They are very close to the top at the moment, but sit out a year or two with injuries and it can change very easily.

I really like Konkina’s skating. Not sure if she was ready to move to seniors, but I really want this partnership to work out.

Ka3sha

I am sure Zhulin wouldn’t mind to have one couple near the top, prepared to take over when Karsalapov gets again injured. He did have quite a few injuries the past few years. They are very close to the top at the moment, but sit out a year or two with injuries and it can change very easily.
This can be said about pretty much any couple in the top-10. It is hard (or even impossible) to find a 100% healthy athlete - most of them have some weak spots and chronic issues, which can become more acute from time to time.

hanca

Values her privacy
This can be said about pretty much any couple in the top-10. It is hard (or even impossible) to find a 100% healthy athlete - most of them have some weak spots and chronic issues, which can become more acute from time to time.
Of course, but Katsalapov seem to have quite a few injuries. It seems every year there was something. There was the shoulder injury, also his knee, they interrupted their program at the nationals and missed going to Europeans (and possibly worlds) in the past few years... In comparison with, let’s say, Stepanova/Bukin, who have been much more lucky with their injuries, it seems to me that Sinitsina/Katsalapov are not very good bet for a long-term future just because of the health issues. Not their fault, of course, but if I was the coach and wanted a long-term success, I would want to have a back up option.

Eislauffan

The boy in the Denis Ten Memorial Show was Dmitri Kashaev, another participant in the Ice Age Kids project.
Here is a video of him:

Dmitri trains in CSKA Moscow in Sergei Davydov's group.

Eislauffan

Interview with Sergei Voronov at the Russian Fed's website:

English version now available on figureskating-online.com:

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Interview with Sergei Voronov at the Russian Fed's website:
https://www.fsrussia.ru/intervyu/44....figureskating-online.com/sergei-voronov.html
Thank you for both interviews.

Yes, of course. Your compatriot (Aljona Savchenko) is a prime example. She went through so much. In Russia they already wanted to bury her and in the end she got the gold medal at the Olympic Games and everyone shut their mouths quickly. This is character. In sports you can't do anything without character.

Just one note:
- Aliona never skated for Russia, only Ukraine and Germany, and also that is not what Voronov said in the interview.

In the Russian version of the interview he does not mention "that she skated for Russia and they wanted to bury her".
He said that she is persistent, and used a russian saying "As the old Russian proverb goes: she is the kind of girl who climbs through the window when you push her out the door".

Она прошла через такое! Как в России говорят: ее в дверь, а она в окно. В итоге золото Олимпиады в Корее, и все быстро ротики свои позакрывали. Характер! Да, именно характер!

Eislauffan

Thank you for both interviews.

Just one note:
- Aliona never skated for Russia, only Ukraine and Germany, and also that is not what Voronov said in the interview.

In the Russian version of the interview he does not mention "that she skated for Russia and they wanted to bury her".
He said that she is persistent, and used a russian saying "As the old Russian proverb goes: she is the kind of girl who climbs through the window when you push her out the door".

You must have misread something. In the English version by saying "in Russia they wanted to bury her" Sergei did not mean that she skated for Russia. He had in mind some Russian coaches and media who made comments about Aljona that she is done, won't get anywhere etc.
The Russian and the English version are not completely the same, because the Russian version is edited and the English version has been translated not from this edited version. The editor decided to take out some things that we wanted to keep in our version on our homepage and vice versa.

Rina RUS

:) On this video Arseni is only 8 years old. Other kids of the same age had to leave the project, but Arseni became the winner that season.

Finsta

At nationals, Alina came "in Senior" in 2nd place, Med was behind her. Also the fact of Alina making it to GPF, and Med did not. Those issues were a subject mentioned on fan sites. But the original "issue" is Alina beating Med at Olys. Like it or not, it is still an issue for a group of people; still being discussed. And don't be surprised - Plush/Yag are still a subject of discussion.

Read my posts again. Critique of behavior, skating, skating related matters, on-off the ice is not "hate behavior". Threats and actions are, or call for "actions". That does not happen on FSU, from me or from others.

So are Mamun Sisters (also Tatar) and they are very supportive to Zagitova, and try to cheer her up when she feels down and alone. Take her to pet shops, or play games with her on line.. (it's in some interviews).

Lala Kramarenko (rhythm. gym) who is also part Azerbaijanian, also supports Alina Z. and did a show number in her honor.

That second quote wasn’t mine, but does make a good point. You did call Medvedeva a b-tch and you do seem to have a vendetta against her.

I forgot about Russian nationals. That was a real train wreck for the senior woman. All of them. 😂

Tinami Amori

That second quote wasn’t mine, but does make a good point. You did call Medvedeva a b-tch and you do seem to have a vendetta against her.

I forgot about Russian nationals. That was a real train wreck for the senior woman. All of them. 😂
RN were a train wreck, but still some came ahead of the others.. and Alina beat Med.
As to the rest, there is an old russian saying "when things start seeming, cross yourself and say devil go away".
Too bad you don't see a difference between critique of someone's behavior that is directly related to skating matters, and the comments Alina received in her personal social media accounts about "throwing acid in her face" and having her "face slashed" because she legitimately won the Olympics.

Tinami Amori

You must have misread something. In the English version by saying "in Russia they wanted to bury her" Sergei did not mean that she skated for Russia. He had in mind some Russian coaches and media who made comments about Aljona that she is done, won't get anywhere etc.
The Russian and the English version are not completely the same, because the Russian version is edited and the English version has been translated not from this edited version. The editor decided to take out some things that we wanted to keep in our version on our homepage and vice versa.
Eislauffan, i am not trying to argue with you personally. But there is no phrase in the Russian version said by Sergey or anyone, where it suggest that "Russians predicted the end of Aliona's career" or as in the translation "Russians wanted to bury her".

This makes Russians look bad, while they did not say it.

The only mention in the Russian article, of "Russians" in connection with "Aliona" is this (below) and it has nothing to do with Russians making prediction about the end of her career or doubting her. It's just a phrase Sergey used, an idiom, which means "Aliona always gets her way". There is not indicators that it is the "Russians" where were neysayers about her future.

Sergey said: Your country woman, Aliona, is a good example. She went through so much. As the old Russian saying goes "you push her out the door, and she climbs through the window". In the end - Olympic Gold in Korea, and it shut up very quickly all who doubted her.

-- Ну да, чемпионы не сразу начинают побеждать, а проходят определенный путь.
-- Ваша соотечественница Алена Савченко – яркий тому пример. Она прошла через такое! Как в России говорят: ее в дверь, а она в окно. В итоге золото Олимпиады в Корее, и все быстро ротики свои позакрывали. Характер! Да, именно характер! В спорте без характера делать нечего. Без характера ничего не бывает. Не бывает! Многих, к сожалению, непонимание этого и отсутствие характера ломает. Очень жаль. Потому что если бы некоторые спортсмены боролись, то представляете, какой бы была конкуренция! Она и так дикая за счет того, что молодые приходят. А так, сколько всего интересного еще могло произойти

Spun Silver

The boy in the Denis Ten Memorial Show was Dmitri Kashaev, another participant in the Ice Age Kids project.
Here is a video of him:

Dmitri trains in CSKA Moscow in Sergei Davydov's group.
Thank you for the correction! Dmitri is wonderful too.

Tinami Amori

Alla Loboda (of Loboda/Drozd) announces her retirement from skating.
She thanks all her coaches, all former partners and fans. she is taking "her first steps to try herself as a coach".

J

Jeschke

Alla Loboda (of Loboda/Drozd) announces her retirement from skating.
So who's next for Shibnev? :rofl:

On a serious note, I really liked L/D and thought they really had potential. A shame they could not really make it in seniors.

Last edited by a moderator:

hanca

Values her privacy
That guy seem to be extremely unlucky. Everyone seem to be leaving him after a year. Stavitskaya 2015-16, Davankova 2016-17, Ilynikh 2017-18, Loboda 2018-19...

Eislauffan

Eislauffan, i am not trying to argue with you personally. But there is no phrase in the Russian version said by Sergey or anyone, where it suggest that "Russians predicted the end of Aliona's career" or as in the translation "Russians wanted to bury her".

This makes Russians look bad, while they did not say it.

The only mention in the Russian article, of "Russians" in connection with "Aliona" is this (below) and it has nothing to do with Russians making prediction about the end of her career or doubting her. It's just a phrase Sergey used, an idiom, which means "Aliona always gets her way". There is not indicators that it is the "Russians" where were neysayers about her future.

Sergey said: Your country woman, Aliona, is a good example. She went through so much. As the old Russian saying goes "you push her out the door, and she climbs through the window". In the end - Olympic Gold in Korea, and it shut up very quickly all who doubted her.

-- Ну да, чемпионы не сразу начинают побеждать, а проходят определенный путь.
-- Ваша соотечественница Алена Савченко – яркий тому пример. Она прошла через такое! Как в России говорят: ее в дверь, а она в окно. В итоге золото Олимпиады в Корее, и все быстро ротики свои позакрывали. Характер! Да, именно характер! В спорте без характера делать нечего. Без характера ничего не бывает. Не бывает! Многих, к сожалению, непонимание этого и отсутствие характера ломает. Очень жаль. Потому что если бы некоторые спортсмены боролись, то представляете, какой бы была конкуренция! Она и так дикая за счет того, что молодые приходят. А так, сколько всего интересного еще могло произойти

You didn't get my point. The reference about "Russians burying Aljona" was not used in the Russian version, but that doesn't mean that it was never said. (Actually, you see that part of that is still there: и все быстро ротики свои позакрывали (everybody shout their mouths quickly).
After all this interview was published on the Federation's website. ;-) I decided to use this comment in the English version. Because it is true. We know what some Russian coaches said about Aljona, some of their comments are on public record in interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information