From Russia with Love [#31]: Winter to Spring 2019

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
There was never any detailed information about Alexander Enbert, the press release on the Russian Federation's website only said that they are out of Europeans due to "medical reasons". They didn't even specify if it was an injury or illness.
https://www.fsrussia.ru/news/4169-n...-ne-primut-uchastie-v-chempionate-evropy.html

They are hiding something. Usually feds don’t hide injuries so I wonder if it may be something else? “Medical reasons” could mean almost anything. Failed drug test? But that would be made public, right? Or a serious illness they don’t want to publish for privacy reasons? Whatever it maybe, it is sad that the number two pair in Russia is sidelined indefinitely.

lala

Wasn't it just a month ago or so that Plushenko flipped out because Yags was skating at his rink? How desperate for attention are they? Enough already...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

By the way, what is the excuse for Plushenko not going to Junior Nats now? He sure had a lot to say but he never can be bothered to show up to the competition even now? What kind of coach is that?

First asnwer: Probably the journalist asked him about their relationships and he answered. What did he need to do???? OMG! Their relationship is theme even today in the Fs world in Russia. One day later the journalist asked Yagudin and Mishin about it, too. Mishin would like to see their handshake on his annyversary show. I help you if he wants to make attention he can go to every party of the Russian show business. But Yana goes alone most of the times.

Plushenko despit to Yagudin's many shits is ready to shake Yagudin's hands.

Second answer: The excuse is the illness. He was an ill coach.;) Because he didn't proclaime the media he was. His wife mentioned it i her interview - https://www.sport-express.ru/figure...ridze-sovremennaya-versiya-tarasovoy-1509123/
" Женя, к сожалению, сильно заболел, был бы он там – Настя была бы в тройке-четверке, знаю, какой он дает настрой ребятам и как заряжает перед стартом. "-
Zhenya, unfortunately, became very sick, if he were there, Nastya would be in a three-four, I know what mood he gives the guys and how he charges before the start. - google translate

I hope he has right to be ill. :rolleyes: -

an answer for your question from Ekaterina Ryabova who is a pupil of the Plushenko academy: https://asport24.ru/news/other/2019...py-yevgenii-plyushchenko-foto-video-instagram

"- How often do you work with Plushenko? Does he have enough time due to being busy on the show?
- He controls the process. On the ice there are cameras with the help of which he observes our activities. When he succeeds, he comes and works very fruitfully with us.

- How often does he do it?
- If Evgeny Viktorovich is on the show, then, of course, he gives himself the whole show. Probably, he comes for two - three weeks a month. That is, without him we train a little.

- What is he a coach?
- Insanely charismatic, talented and extremely hardworking people. He is always given to his beloved business completely - in competitions, in shows, in training. Evgeny Viktorovich comes to the ice, and we have been charged with his energy for a week already. It is very cool.:)

Plushenko knows the technique perfectly. If he is on ice and on skates, everyone immediately retreats to the side and watch how he shows something, because it is great."- gogole trasnlate

Zebraswan, this is the most important not the haters's opinion who don't know anything and many times their malicious opinions are just the mirrors of their personalities. That is also enough:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: if anybody judge too early without any informations.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Btl1Za7BT5r/ for example ...look at the pupils and him.. :eek:
with Tarakanova https://twitter.com/nekota_nekozo/status/1091722199067545600 - if anybody knows Plush's moves a little bit recognize them in Tarakanova's programs

his interview in last week https://rsport.ria.ru/20190131/1550209930.html

he says he will devote more time to coaching, doing fewer shows.

He predicted this two years ago..

And that is also very important on his academy is working many coaches and he is not the only one coach of Tarakanova. Zebraswan did you know this?? And for example if Orser is with a pupil on competition how can the other pupils make training?

Last edited:

lala

Evgeni forgot to ask Rudkovskaya's permission, don't you know? :watch:

hmmmm... Maybe Evgeny really loves his wife..He never cheated her( Yagudin? :() he went by limousine for her on their first rendezvous..he bought very expensive rings for his wife...he is very romantic . He is very kind with every women he respects them. And this is true! I read many fan reports about his courtesy and kind with the women. For ex ample
https://twitter.com/Sarynka/status/98347326720065537(What a gentlemen Mr. EVGENI PLUSHENKO! He brought my friend's luggage from downstairs to her suitcase, he saw her gasping.......HE IS INCREDIBLE )
They were melted! He doesn't think the women's place is the kitchen as your favorite thinks....... Please don't make me angry...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdDddEkUxqc

Last edited:

Rina RUS

Please don't make me angry...

Why can I make you angry? Don't become angry, if you don't want to. :)
I just mean, that we also can see new interviews with Yana, her opinion differs from Evgeni's.
Actually, it is not important, is it? Don't worry.

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

Wasn't it just a month ago or so that Plushenko flipped out because Yags was skating at his rink? How desperate for attention are they? Enough already...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
In short, Yags made some negative comments about Plush's school. Then Yags was invited to skate in a show, at Plush's rink, which was leased out to a private party. Plush did not like it and made negative comments.

imo - in short: Yags provokes (directly or indirectly), Plush reacts often over-board. If Yags wants to avoid any further conflict, he should stop finding reason to bite at Plush.

In this case with private party, again, if Yags did not want a conflict, then a "gentleman's behavior" would be: Call or send message to Plushenko "I've been asked to work at a venue, held at your rink. Just letting you know. Let me know if you have any concerns". That would have been decent, under the circumstances...

By the way, what is the excuse for Plushenko not going to Junior Nats now? He sure had a lot to say but he never can be bothered to show up to the competition even now? What kind of coach is that?
The "chat at the rink" (parents/kids' ig's and tweeters) is that he did something at the rink during kids' training that made his back hurt, after the recent spine surgery, and after Jan 27th, he was out/not at the rink for next few days. Some kids said "he was teaching them 2x lutz, decided to show off and do it himself, etc..".

So, to me, it sounds very possible, that Plush (after recent back surgery) went on the ice, did something that made his back hurt.

Mad for Skating

Sasha is the one with injury, right? This does not sound good.

I don’t know what’s going on. This was just posted yesterday: https://www.instagram.com/p/BtkWcrSnASQ/?hl=en

I read on the Russian forum speculations about Zabijako with Volodin, and Zabijako with plenty of other guys. Mostly junior guys because it is not as if there are senior pair partnerless guys waiting a queue ...

Apparently Amina Atakhanova decided to retire, because of the injury. :wuzrobbed

Natalia, when you cut your hair and tried to repeat Stolbova’s destiny, I don’t think the “partner retiring from chronic injuries” part was on the plan 😂

Although, honestly, I personally found the process of going through puberty and changing from that childhood thinness to a grown body to be quite distressing/confusing and I wasn't an athlete and certainly no one was measuring or weighing me. I certainly developed a lot of unfortunate and negative ideas about my body (a lot of it due to growing earlier than the other girls). I do wish I could go back in a time machine and tell 11 / 12 year old me that it was all normal! I did get over it after a while though. But I think at that age I would been inconsolable it if I couldn't fit into a special costume because my body was growing and it was out of my control.

That said, the replacement dress in my opinion is a much more polished and professional looking costume, so I think that it was all for the best anyway.

TBH, I dealt with the same thing you’re describing at that age. I was a super skinny kid and then suddenly I gained 35 pounds in two years! My parents didn’t have a scale at home, so I was only weighed at my annual doctor appointments. I remember going in when I was about 13 and panicking because I had gained almost 20 pounds that year. I felt ashamed to need new clothes because I was “too fat” to fit in my old clothes. I got scared and I started eating as little as possible - that stopped me from gaining any additional weight for a while, but it didn’t help me lose any of the weight I had already put on. Eventually I realized I was doing something dangerous and went back to eating a regular amount of food, but I still looked in the mirror every day with dissatisfaction. I’m 16 now and I’m finally starting to accept my new body, but it was a dark and scary time for me, and sometimes I still struggle with it.

My point is, it’s hard enough being a young girl going through puberty. It’s even harder when you have people constantly weighing you and telling you to eat less. I can’t imagine what it feels like for poor Trusova.

Just a reminder.... i kiss dogs... :EVILLE:

And you bite humans too.

HeadcaseFan

Please indulge me with a frivolous post. But I’ve just now read through this entire thread.

I have been following figure skating since I was very young starting with 1972 Olys. I even watched those fun and cheesy pro competitions post Tonya and Nancy in the ‘90s and early 2000s (The US vs. The World! I was almost always for the World, lol, because it would always be Tod Eldridge against every other skater in the world—great spinner but he didn’t have a quad.) Then interest died down and coverage of competitions became sparse. (Uncle Dick blames the complicated scoring; I wonder if it is more because not many U.S. stars after Sasha and no one to hype. Because Men’s is my favorite discipline, competitions would air sporadically if at all and men’s short program would air at 2 a.m. in the US—and those were taped, not live. Then yay! Internet came and technology caught up and we can stream from every part of the world and follow our favorite skaters—along with translations into English from wonderful and generous fans. Now that I’ve been back as an uber for the last two or so quads, I can honestly say I don’t know why this isn’t the most popular sport on earth. (And some say it’s not a sport at all—heresy!) The pure, raw talent at an early age. The struggle to develop that talent. The drive to perfection. The music. The fan wars. The dance and interpretation (or lack thereof). The endless debates (I don’t care if the decades-long Yags vs. Plush argument is tedious and ridiculous—I’m all in. Every time.) The coaches. The rivalries. The costumes. The drama. The judges and their questionable calls. The voting blocs of the past and the politicking of the present. The technical detail/data to obsess and comb over (I’ve come to love the new scoring system and the debates about how it should or should not be tweaked.) The perilous lifts and jumps. The different countries and cultures. The different audiences in those countries. The snark. The shade (yes, I admit I like it even if I don’t engage). The global competitions. The fact that it’s all done on a 1-mm blade—on a sheet of ice—and the skaters are going incredibly fast, sometimes upside down, and backwards. Often with the approval of an entire country riding on their narrow shoulders. Super Bowl—pfft! World Cup Soccer/Football—yawn. This is the best sport ever. And this is the best thread on all the boards. Positively delicious.

Mad for Skating

Please indulge me with a frivolous post. But I’ve just now read through this entire thread.

I have been following figure skating since I was very young starting with 1972 Olys. I even watched those fun and cheesy pro competitions post Tonya and Nancy in the ‘90s and early 2000s (The US vs. The World! I was almost always for the World, lol, because it would always be Tod Eldridge against every other skater in the world—great spinner but he didn’t have a quad.) Then interest died down and coverage of competitions became sparse. (Uncle Dick blames the complicated scoring; I wonder if it is more because not many U.S. stars after Sasha and no one to hype. Because Men’s is my favorite discipline, competitions would air sporadically if at all and men’s short program would air at 2 a.m. in the US—and those were taped, not live. Then yay! Internet came and technology caught up and we can stream from every part of the world and follow our favorite skaters—along with translations into English from wonderful and generous fans. Now that I’ve been back as an uber for the last two or so quads, I can honestly say I don’t know why this isn’t the most popular sport on earth. (And some say it’s not a sport at all—heresy!) The pure, raw talent at an early age. The struggle to develop that talent. The drive to perfection. The music. The fan wars. The dance and interpretation (or lack thereof). The endless debates (I don’t care if the decades-long Yags vs. Plush argument is tedious and ridiculous—I’m all in. Every time.) The coaches. The rivalries. The costumes. The drama. The judges and their questionable calls. The voting blocs of the past and the politicking of the present. The technical detail/data to obsess and comb over (I’ve come to love the new scoring system and the debates about how it should or should not be tweaked.) The perilous lifts and jumps. The different countries and cultures. The different audiences in those countries. The snark. The shade (yes, I admit I like it even if I don’t engage). The global competitions. The fact that it’s all done on a 1-mm blade—on a sheet of ice—and the skaters are going incredibly fast, sometimes upside down, and backwards. Often with the approval of an entire country riding on their narrow shoulders. Super Bowl—pfft! World Cup Soccer/Football—yawn. This is the best sport ever. And this is the best thread on all the boards. Positively delicious.

Welcome to the thread! Honestly, figure skating is the best sport in the world 😀

Japanfan

TBH, I dealt with the same thing you’re describing at that age. I was a super skinny kid and then suddenly I gained 35 pounds in two years! My parents didn’t have a scale at home, so I was only weighed at my annual doctor appointments. I remember going in when I was about 13 and panicking because I had gained almost 20 pounds that year. I felt ashamed to need new clothes because I was “too fat” to fit in my old clothes. I got scared and I started eating as little as possible - that stopped me from gaining any additional weight for a while, but it didn’t help me lose any of the weight I had already put on. Eventually I realized I was doing something dangerous and went back to eating a regular amount of food, but I still looked in the mirror every day with dissatisfaction. I’m 16 now and I’m finally starting to accept my new body, but it was a dark and scary time for me, and sometimes I still struggle with it.

I think that dieting, often to the point of excess, is unfortunately more the norm for teenage girls in many parts of the world, rather than the exception.

I went on a 600 calorie day diet when I was 13, and after starving myself skinny, started to binge eat and gained all of it back and then some. I was so ashamed and just wanted to hide in winter coats or over-sized nightgowns all the time.

You are very lucky to be making peace with your body at 16 - good for you!

It took me until I was in my late 20s to start that process.

The low point in dieting for me was called 'the Beverly Hills Diet'. It was an absurd diet based on food combining, with fruit as it's mainstay and pineapple as its wonder food. The first week or so of the diet was nothing but fruit. And fruit combined with wine. I did that first week over and over again for about a year, at which point my metabolism sort of collapsed.

To this day, about 30 years later, I still cannot look at a pineapple. :p

Tinami Amori

All right! there is no turning back now. 3A and quads will be part of ladies singles, and are here to stay..

I think Samodurova will have the 3A soon. After all she is coached by Mishin who is a good techical coach.
He also engineered a technological device that measures various aspects of a jump, a ceiling-held-harness and a vest with computer chips that transmit various data. There is a video, but i can't find it.

lala

All right! there is no turning back now. 3A and quads will be part of ladies singles, and are here to stay..

He also engineered a technological device that measures various aspects of a jump, a ceiling-held-harness and a vest with computer chips that transmit various data. There is a video, but i can't find it.

here it is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u98VG9A3wwY Mishin's magic west..with Artur

hanca

Values her privacy
I don’t want to sound pessimistic, but there is a long way from practicing 3A on the harness to actually adding it to the program. While I have utmost respect for Mishin, the truth is that Samodurova’s jumps are generally quite smaller than average and I would be amazed if she ever lands 3A in a competition. It took Tuktamysheva 4 years from the time we saw her doing it without harness on the ice to the time she actually put it in her programs. Kostornaya had a beautiful one also on the ice without the harness last March and it also hasn’t been in her programs yet. Samodurova has a long journey ahead if she decides she wants to make it useable.

Mad for Skating

I think that dieting, often to the point of excess, is unfortunately more the norm for teenage girls in many parts of the world, rather than the exception.

I went on a 600 calorie day diet when I was 13, and after starving myself skinny, started to binge eat and gained all of it back and then some. I was so ashamed and just wanted to hide in winter coats or over-sized nightgowns all the time.

You are very lucky to be making peace with your body at 16 - good for you!

It took me until I was in my late 20s to start that process.

The low point in dieting for me was called 'the Beverly Hills Diet'. It was an absurd diet based on food combining, with fruit as it's mainstay and pineapple as its wonder food. The first week or so of the diet was nothing but fruit. And fruit combined with wine. I did that first week over and over again for about a year, at which point my metabolism sort of collapsed.

To this day, about 30 years later, I still cannot look at a pineapple. :p

It’s so crazy how common it is. I used to think I must be the only person who was dealing with this. I’m glad you are in a much better place now, and give all those stupid diets a good old middle finger! 😂

lala

I'm not fan of any diet whatever it is called. If someone is on a regular sport and eating normal amounts (no chips, cola, chocolate, etc between the main meals regularly) he will not become obese. I'm talking about averege people in normal life.

Mad for Skating

I'm not fan of any diet whatever it is called. If someone is on a regular sport and eating normal amounts (no chips, cola, chocolate, etc between the main meals regularly) he will not become obese. I'm talking about averege people in normal life.

This is so true!

Darkverse

Skirda and Pitkeev weren't jumping quads at 13, and Daniil seems a lot stronger mentally. Of course we don't know what will happen when he goes through a growth spurt or two. Skirda left for unknown reasons and has only gotten worse under the new coach. Granted, he grew a lot and it can be very hard to adjust, but I don't see how that's Eteri's fault. Pitkeev...yes, she bears some responsibility there, but hopefully she has learned a few things since then. The jury is out on Erokhov, but he was never as naturally talented as Samsonov, so if it doesn't happen for him I won't be terribly surprised. Samsonov is in a league of his own as far as Eteri's men thus far. (btw, what happened to Artem Frolov?)

Tatania Navka back in the international press as people wonder how she & her husband accumulated so much wealth (remember when she expressed dismay about offshore accounts being set up in her name? lol)

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...utin-aide-wife-property-empire-dimitry-peskov
Artem Frolov withdrew from his second Russian Cup event due to health reasons and didn't make it to Junior Nationals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information