Football 2022-2023, Quarterbacks, Tight ends...men in tight pants

Cachoo

Miami could be scary good in the future with the right QB. Waddle and Tyreek are fast and faster. Tua is good but he’s small and concussion prone. The game with Buffalo was competitive and entertaining. The Chargers: I’m not at all sure about Staley. Why didn’t he rest his starters the week before the playoffs?

Debbie S

As I predicted, the Ravens are one-and-done. At least they didn't embarrass themselves, they kept the game competitive. But that fumble at the 2-yard line... And I don't know why Harbaugh didn't call timeout with a minute to go when we had 2 timeouts remaining. Oh well, there's only so much we can do with a backup QB, and an injured one at that.

Congrats to the teams moving on!

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
* exhales * That game was beyond stressful. :eek:

On the other hand though, that Sam Hubbard fumble recovery touchdown for a gazillion yards will go down in Cincinnati sports history for it's awesomeness. That was some made for TV story telling right there! :cheer:

Cachoo

Mahomes is hobbled but how hobbled? He likes to roll out from the pocket and that may be out for him on Sunday. I have to give kudos to back-up quarterback Chad Henne. He started on the 2 yard line and marched all of the way down the field and scored while Mahomes was in the locker room. And the Jaguars are no slouch. I think we are just seeing the beginning of how good Trevor Lawrence can be....the AFC is loaded with great QB's.

My other take is on Philadelphia. They looked scary good last weekend. I had San Fran going to the SB but now I don't know.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Mahomes is hobbled but how hobbled? He likes to roll out from the pocket and that may be out for him on Sunday. I have to give kudos to back-up quarterback Chad Henne. He started on the 2 yard line and marched all of the way down the field and scored while Mahomes was in the locker room. And the Jaguars are no slouch. I think we are just seeing the beginning of how good Trevor Lawrence can be....the AFC is loaded with great QB's.

My other take is on Philadelphia. They looked scary good last weekend. I had San Fran going to the SB but now I don't know.
My guess is Patrick will be at 90% and taped up to the max. It might even be like with Shen and Zhou skate at Worlds in 2003 where she had cortisone and lidocaine several hours before the skate. Other than Andy and Patrick saying on Tuesday press conference he'll be ready, I don't think anything has been released.
No one is talking about it.

Burrow and Bengals have been cocky and trash talking. They've beat KC the three times those QBs have tangled but Arrowhead is going to be LOUD and may interfere. Are the Begal still a discombobulated after the Bills game and the Hamlin situation? The games have been field goal separation score and Butger has been inconsistent due to early season injury. It's not going to be a walk in the park for either team. I think it will be close and how many 13 second saves does Patrick have in him? I'm not sure I can handle them (haha).

Purdy's new, was not a starter at the beginning of the season. Iowa State lost it's bowl game when Purdy was QB there, can he handle a big game? Jalen Hurt has a bit more seasoning under his belt. It's hard to predict

Last edited:

Cachoo

My guess is Patrick will be at 90% and taped up to the max. It might even be like with Shen and Zhou skate at Worlds in 2003 where she had cortisone and lidocaine several hours before the skate. Other than Andy and Patrick saying on Tuesday press conference he'll be ready, I don't think anything has been released.

Burrow and Bengals have been cocky and trash talking. They've beat KC the three times those QBs have tangled but Arrowhead is going to be LOUD and may interfere. Are the Begal still a discombobulated after the Bills game and the Hamlin situation? The games have been field goal separation score and Butger has been inconsistent due to early season injury. It's not going to be a walk in the park for either team. I think it will be close and how many 13 second saves does Patrick have in him? I'm not sure I can handle them (haha).

Purdy's new, was not a starter at the beginning of the season. Iowa State lost it's bowl game when Purdy was QB there, can he handle a big game? Jalen Hurt has a bit more seasoning under his belt. It's hard to predict

I want to see what the brilliant defensive coach throws at Patrick this time. If the ankle is bad it won’t matter. But if it is ok then strategy is the name of the game. Last year after halftime he dropped eight backs to cover the receivers and it was a new look for Mahomes. You could tell it confused him. What does he do today? Burrow will be good regardless. I don’t often watch a Chiefs home game when they are the underdog. A day of figure skating and football following a great college basketball game last night. I’m as happy as a 🐷 in mud.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Yeah, I watched exactly the last 10 seconds of Bill Self being interviewed after that game. I missed it completely. I also was watching skating during the Creighton outstanding game and missed it.

Are the Chiefs really the underdogs? The reports I've listened to or read don't really have a big points spread for either team and kind of say it's a toss-up, but also saying Patrick's ankle maybe the deciding factor.

I am thinking, the cold (really not that bad at a predicted 15 at kickoff), the winds (10-13 mph prediction), the noise level (I've been in that stadium during a not so big game and you cannot hear a thing!), and the determination of KC to win this time are huge too. I have friends who will be there, she stays out the whole game but we will probably only text before the game since it will be too cold to take off two pr of gloves.

I do hope that if it comes down to field goal(s) we have the wind advantage because Butger kicks have been either fantastic or crap missed again since return from injury. KC needs the offense line to protect Patrick better than last week. Defensive better be ready. I can't take too many more of the 13 seconds or 56 seconds left of the game wins or tie games with flip of the coin.

I'm looking forward to tonight's, but my aunt is dying and while I'm not there, I maybe texting with my cousins and distracted.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
brock purdy got a hell of a cinderella story
Yep - he is a rookie, with no expectations to play this year. He was great at Iowa State, but they lost that bowl game to Clemson so not sure how he'll handle to big pressure game.
I do like him, did when he was at Iowa State.

Cachoo

Yep - he is a rookie, with no expectations to play this year. He was great at Iowa State, but they lost that bowl game to Clemson so not sure how he'll handle to big pressure game.
I do like him, did when he was at Iowa State.
Do you realize that of the four remaining quarterbacks Mahomes is the oldest? And he’s the ripe old age of 27. The torch has been passed to the new generation.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I saw a news story that Brady called Patrick a couple of days ago. Patrick didn't say much about the conversation but smiled.

Yes the torch has been passed. Rodgers, at some level, knows that. I think Stafford, Russell know it's a coming. Only Brady hasn't gotten the word yet.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Are the Chiefs really the underdogs?
The bet I put money on had the Bengals the underdog by 1.5 points. If you want to know how Reno was seeing the game. I’ve won almost $500 each of the last two weekends and expect to today as well unless the Bengals really pull it together

Cachoo

The bet I put money on had the Bengals the underdog by 1.5 points. If you want to know how Reno was seeing the game. I’ve won almost $500 each of the last two weekends and expect to today as well unless the Bengals really pull it together
I did not know that—I guess it has moved a lot this week.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Oh. My. God. That was close. I am thrilled but you can’t help but feel for the weeping Bengal player at the end. A game is never won or lost on one play. I hope his coaches let him know.
I can't remember the KC defense guy who had the same experience last year. The announcers talked about he felt all year it was his fault.

Ossisi played a good game. I do feel for him.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Still a proud fan here even with a tough loss and I know my guys will be back in that game again. I want to hug all of them right now though because I'm sure they're extremely disappointed and feeling like they let our city down (which is not true....we're all proud of them no matter what). 💖

Cachoo

Still a proud fan here even with a tough loss and I know my guys will be back in that game again. I want to hug all of them right now though because I'm sure they're extremely disappointed and feeling like they let our city down (which is not true....we're all proud of them no matter what). 💖
A collective we—several teams—are the lucky ones because we have found our quarterbacks. It gives those teams opportunities every year. I look forward to seeing these young guns for years to come. You’ll be back. You have the QB and a coach who knows offense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information