Football 2022-2023, Quarterbacks, Tight ends...men in tight pants

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Well onto the business of football and I’m fascinated by it. The combine and draft, free agency, trying to maneuver within the salary cap. I will always love that football does not follow baseball’s way of doing things. The richest teams in baseball dominate as there is no revenue sharing. With the salary cap in football every team has a shot.
I like it that in the NFL Any team can win the championship. The salary cap is handled well.

In the NBA in particular the same teams dominate for years. ALso the 7 games in each round of the playoffs gets really boring. Same with the NHL. It is exciting in the NFL because one game determines who goes to the next round (same with the March madness inCollege basketball).

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I knew the NFL draft was huge deal, but KC is expecting over 330,000 visitors for the 3 + day event
@Cachoo you will have to share the scoop

All event passes, 1st day and 2nd day passes are sold out. Day 3 experience passes are $750
Apparently the does not include the actual tickets into the event.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
As I understand it from watching KC news last week - only 17 potential draftees are invited to attend live and will March across the stage to accept their team jersey (which of course some will be traded within seconds of leaving stage.

Other potential draftees will have camera's in their homes/bars/wherever to be shown as they get their calls.

Cachoo

I knew the NFL draft was huge deal, but KC is expecting over 330,000 visitors for the 3 + day event

All event passes, 1st day and 2nd day passes are sold out. Day 3 experience passes are $750
Well I wish I was going but I had a slight health scare and I will be watching on ESPN or with whoever is broadcasting it. I’m curious to see which QB’s go first. Veach has picked well for the Chiefs in the past. I wonder who is coming this year.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Well I wish I was going but I had a slight health scare and I will be watching on ESPN or with whoever is broadcasting it. I’m curious to see which QB’s go first. Veach has picked well for the Chiefs in the past. I wonder who is coming this year.
Oh I hope you are ok

Badams

Wait, they actually sell tickets to it? I never knew! I just assumed it was like the NY stock exchange place and it was just full of nervous and disgruntled suits screaming and yelling to get their top guy. Which maybe I am wrong about the stock exchange place as well... I need to get out more.

once_upon

Better off than 2020

In addition to this downtown Union Station information/attendance, Arrowhead Stadium (Chiefs Stadium) has a huge event planned - with tickets too. My brother got tickets to a draft selection event at Arrowhead several years ago - when it was NOT in KC. Just watching on the Stadium screens.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Wait, they actually sell tickets to it? I never knew! I just assumed it was like the NY stock exchange place and it was just full of nervous and disgruntled suits screaming and yelling to get their top guy. Which maybe I am wrong about the stock exchange place as well... I need to get out more.
See links above. The sports channels, newspapers, even local news channels around the country where NFL teams are located have been doing mock draft selections and trade deals for months.

I bet we will see in the future a mock draft pool (like March Madness) if it doesn't already exist

bernetec

Your observation about the NFL draft process is spot on! It's incredible how the anticipation builds up with mock drafts, akin to the buzz around actual games.
As a Manchester United supporter, I've experienced similar excitement during transfer seasons. It's interesting to see how sports channels and news outlets engage fans with mock selections and trade scenarios, creating a whole new level of excitement. Your idea about a mock draft pool sounds intriguing and could indeed be a hit among enthusiasts.

Cachoo

Long feature in "The Athletic" with this headline:

Why Gaelic footballers have the NFL’s attention: ‘These lads can kick balls’​

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information