Football 2022-2023, Quarterbacks, Tight ends...men in tight pants

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I want to go to a Chiefs game again, but the games with nicer weather potential (beginning of season) are away games.

November, at night, in Missouri could be a pleasant 65 F or a miserable 30 F with rain/snow. Can't go in early October.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I want to go to a Chiefs game again, but the games with nicer weather potential (beginning of season) are away games.

November, at night, in Missouri could be a pleasant 65 F or a miserable 30 F with rain/snow. Can't go in early October.
The coldest game I went to was in November with high humidity and wind. That kind of cold sets into your bones, I was still freezing the next day. Maybe hope for re-sale tickets a week before once you’ve seen the forecast (and hope they aren’t on a win streak).

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The coldest game I went to was in November with high humidity and wind. That kind of cold sets into your bones, I was still freezing the next day. Maybe hope for re-sale tickets a week before once you’ve seen the forecast (and hope they aren’t on a win streak).
The seats we had at previous games are unlikely to be re-sale. Club level. Because even if it is really cold, it's not too far to get inside.

I'd rather Mahomes do his magic :p

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C

They are going to play 5 miles from my home this Sunday. I should go to a game this season.

I have not tried to look up ticket prices. I would like to see Mahomes play but I will root for the Cardinals.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Has anyone downloaded and set up the NFL+ app? I’m curious as to how it decides what the “local” team is. Doe they use billing address, IP, or GPS location?

Debbie S

Go Ravens! Good timing with the start of the season, just as the Orioles are imploding. :( but hopefully the Ravens make the playoffs this year.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
While I should be sleeping for work tonight, I am enjoying watching Aaron Rodgers have his ass handed to him in the first half of the Packers/Vikings game!

Debbie S

Yay, Ravens! Unfortunately, we lost 2 players to injury...I hope they will be OK, Fuller's knee injury sounded bad. Really hope the team can stay mostly intact this season.

Debbie S

Still in a bit of shock over the 4th quarter of the Ravens game. Apparently, they forgot how to play football. Or at least defense. :wuzrobbed

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I did not see the Tampa Bay/New Orleans game just highlights, but why was Brady not ejected for pushing/shoving the Saints guy in the brawl?

Or for throwing his helmet? I thought the league gave him pretty clear words about throwing things after he threw his tablet.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Ooh, burn! Green Bay plays Tampa next week. The sideline reporter asked Aaron what they will need to do next week.

Aaron - "Tommy's a good quarterback, we'll just have to see how it plays out"

I thought Melissa was going to split a gut as soon as Aaron said Tommy.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
Awesome surprise win by Indy against KC!

Now watching the Bucs against the Packers and wishing there were some way both teams could lose. Maybe a tie

Debbie S

Glad the Ravens defense stayed awake during the 4th quarter, at least enough to intercept throws. Phew, I thought we'd get killed in Foxboro.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Awesome surprise win by Indy against KC!

Now watching the Bucs against the Packers and wishing there were some way both teams could lose. Maybe a tie
Yeah, I'm bummed. But the kicking game and special teams game really sucked for KC. They also should stay with Mahomes-Kelsy. I know you got to develop others, but once they did things kind of fell into place. While Mahomes got magic with 13 seconds last year, 2 seconds is not enough time to breathe let alone throw two long passes.

Cachoo

Yeah, I'm bummed. But the kicking game and special teams game really sucked for KC. They also should stay with Mahomes-Kelsy. I know you got to develop others, but once they did things kind of fell into place. While Mahomes got magic with 13 seconds last year, 2 seconds is not enough time to breathe let alone throw two long passes.
OMG the special teams were a disaster. And they do miss Tyreek and his speed. And they have a murderous schedule. I’ll be happy if they can make the play-offs. It’s hard to bet against Mahomes and Reid and I am glad they are there. I wish they would blitz Mahomes more: He made mincemeat out of the Cardinal blitzes.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
So..what WAS the language that Chris Jones used that resulted in the penalty that likely cost the game?

Cachoo

Well that was certainly horrific seeing the hit then his fingers splayed at odd angles. Clear indication of head trauma to doctors in the know. And following clear head trauma from the last game. WTF is Miami doing?

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Here was what Tua looked like after he was hit on Sunday. Also hard to watch.

The Dolphins said he had a back injury - which have been true - but it obvious that he had other issues.

Also - do players REALLY get cleared from concussion protocol in less than a week?
As I understand the players union is asking for protocols to be reviewed. The special helmet used in practice is supposedly very good at protecting the head.

And I heard after the hit on Sunday, he was cleared and reentered Sunday's game. I get that he wanted to go back in on Sunday, but many people should have prevented it.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
He should not have been cleared. With that being said, I hate Thursday games. Three days between games is not sufficient for any of these players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information