Football 2022-2023, Quarterbacks, Tight ends...men in tight pants

Debbie S

After the Ravens' horrible display of football last week, plus Lamar out, I wasn't expecting much of them today. But they surprised me, although it got close at the end. With our 3rd-string QB. I hope either Jackson or Huntley is available next week or things could get dire.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
The network cut away from the SF 49ers versus The Evil Empire South (aka the Tampa Bay Bucs) after the score reached 35-0 at the half (and before old man Brady threw for his only TD pass, which made no difference to the game outcome).

once_upon

Better off than 2020
The network cut away from the SF 49ers versus The Evil Empire South (aka the Tampa Bay Bucs) after the score reached 35-0 at the half (and before old man Brady threw for his only TD pass, which made no difference to the game outcome).
And the former Iowa State football quarterback excelled in his first start! Go Prudy!

Last edited:

Cachoo

A little Merry Christmas NFL style and boy does someone having a singing career after football or what?
And the best kicker we've ever seen---Baltimore's Justin Tucker---and his side gig:

Last edited:

Debbie S

Not Christmas-related, but more Justin Tucker singing opera...sort of. Now every time I watch a skater skating to Carmen, I can't help but think of this. :lol:

The Ravens currently look half-asleep against the Browns. At least Huntley is back. But I'm thinking I don't have to worry about them playing in the AFC Championship on Nats Sunday.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
I just read the most weird conspiracy theory about a rigged football game. I'm mean it's a rare week that sports fans aren't saying the refs helped the other teams win. But this was all kinds of bonkers. That the game was stolen from the quarterback who is a Trump supporter and good Christian and they lost because he supports Trump.

Or some other weird theory.

Cachoo

I just read the most weird conspiracy theory about a rigged football game. I'm mean it's a rare week that sports fans aren't saying the refs helped the other teams win. But this was all kinds of bonkers. That the game was stolen from the quarterback who is a Trump supporter and good Christian and they lost because he supports Trump.

Or some other weird theory.
Whaaat? Interesting...who are the teams? A few years back a co-worker was absolutely convinced Tim Tebow was out of football because of his devout Christianity. I thought that was an odd reason for any owner to dislike anyone. But if Tebow was a Satanist then I could see this guy's argument.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Whaaat? Interesting...who are the teams? A few years back a co-worker was absolutely convinced Tim Tebow was out of football because of his devout Christianity. I thought that was an odd reason for any owner to dislike anyone. But if Tebow was a Satanist then I could see this guy's argument.
I think it was the Bengals- Bucs game where Brady lost
But can't remember for sure now and no idea how to search for it

Cachoo

I am convinced with so many of these Q types it would be easy to post absolute drivel online about a stolen game and they wouldn't have any trouble at all believing it.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
The Bucs lost that game because they forgot how to play football in the second half and the Bengals took advantage of all the errors....if that's considered a conspiracy, then that's a new one to me and there have probably been a lot of them for all the teams this season, LOL :rofl:

Cachoo

The Denver coach has been fired: Is anyone surprised?

Here's a short report on the football reporter Suzy Kolber: She had to deal with so much stupidity as a child. I have so much admiration for her: https://youtu.be/7dCHVTWjJ3Q

asdf334

Yeah, I watched that game. Tommy should have stayed retired, this year has been a struggle.

I do think he's regressing, but to be fair the TB OL has been hit pretty hard with some injuries that probably amplify any drop in his level of play.

Kasey

Fan of many, uber of none
I see that my Cowboys are being generous in keeping mediocre teams in the game tonight. Sigh.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Even in Australia the sports bars had American football on.

We didn't stay and watch (because hello - Sydney). The Chiefs news, that I get by email, tell me they tried to lose against the Broncos.

Debbie S

The Ravens may have made the playoffs, but after the way they played last night, I expect they'll be one-and-done, unless Lamar comes back fully healed and the pass defense radically improves.

Lacey

Buffalo Bills vs Cincinnati Bengals Monday Night Football, Buffalo Safety Damar Hamlin was hurt, went down, got up, walked a few steps and then totally fell backwards and was out cold. Administered CPR for 9 minutes. Silence all around from both teams and the commentators. Took him off on stretcher. No word on his condition. Whole big ambulance on field. Oh wow. Players have been given 5 minutes to get it together. They are crying. Both teams praying together. Coaches talking at center field. Oh wait, game temporarily suspended, perhaps to get their minds off of this. Maybe they will cancel?

Last edited:

Cachoo

Maybe it already too late but a Buffalo player could seriously use our prayers. His name is Damar Hamlin...he has been given CPR for the last 10 minutes on the football field but it doesn't look good.

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
I missed the play that happened right before the collapse but I flipped over to the game when I heard something bad had happened and I've been in tears for the Bills player, his family/loved ones, his team, and my Bengals guys while sitting here waiting for some news. What a horrific and devastating thing for all of them to witness and I hope and pray that Hamlin is all right. Thankfully Cincinnati has a couple of very strong trauma hospitals right downtown so he should be in great hands. Sending lots of love and prayers to him and everyone downtown tonight. :fragile:

Lacey

Per ABC, Hamlin's parents, maybe just his Mom, were in the stadium and were permitted to get in the ambulance with him. I think he has been taken to University of Cincinnati Medical Center, supposedly the only Level One medical center in the area.

Last edited:

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Per ABC, Hamlin's parents, maybe just his Mom, were in the stadium and were permitted to get in the ambulance with him.
As someone with first responder family that may not be a good thing. I hope I am wrong.

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I just stumbled across this news on my timeline. Hoping against hope he's going to be all right but it is not looking good.

It looked like he got a hit straight over the heart. Not the first time I've heard of that causing a heart attack, a cricket umpire in the UK was killed by a ball to the chest some years ago.

Surely the NFL must call off the game. The players need counselling and support, not to be forced to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information