FIFA World Cup 2018

oleada

Shame it had to be a draw, sensational game.

Iran, the only team not to get a ball in the back of the net, is leading the group :lol:

I expect POR and ESP to steamroll their next two opponents and still make it to the knockout.

SHARPIE

fsuniverse.COM (finally)
Staff member
Oh and besides being Welsh, we aren’t here (2016 Euros was the first time in my life we qualified for anything like this)

I’m not a dick, I have always supported my neighbours. England.

Bring on Tunisia!

But I suspect that match won’t be anywhere as fab as what we have just seen.

Lorac

Just catching up with the highlights as I was out at the theatre this evening. Seems to be quite a game between Portugal and Spain.

Ka3sha

I thought that I’d hate this FIFA Cup as the city center was partly closed for the last two months or so (they had to repair the roads and some of historic buildings) and it was really hard to get to the city center by car or even by public transport without any problems , but I’m actually enjoying it so far :encore:

Today was the first match in Saint-Pete (Iran VS Morocco) and I have already seen tons of fans and tourists from all over the world. Had a feeling that everyone is speaking English or Spanish on the streets, at the bars and etc. And the atmosphere seems to be so cool and friendly right now (or at least for now) :lol:

At the same time I’m already scared for the next weekend , when we will host both Brazil VS Costa Rica match and the largest and most popular prom festive (Scarlet Sails) in Russia.

I’m not a football fan but have to admit that as I said , the atmosphere in the city is really great and that even I am excited about the FIFA Cup :cheer2:
Will see how it goes in the next few weeks ))

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 40371

What a dull match between very ''Asian" Austalia and France.

Lorac

Iceland have a pretty solid defence - can they hang on another 15 min?!?

alexikeguchi

No - it wasn't missed - it was saved!!!!!!!

It wasn't a great penalty attempt though. I have to say, I've admired Messi's skill but always been Team Ronaldo, and today's performance vs Ronaldo's against Spain yesterday is cementing my impressions.

Lorac

Honestly - the French get a penalty for a similar sort of touch in the earlier game after VAR used yet the ref in this game refuses even to contemplate it!! And I agree - too many guys diving after decent tackles. I didn't agree with the VAR decision earlier and was glad the ref in this game refused to even consider the use of VAR.

Lorac

It wasn't a great penalty attempt though. I have to say, I've admired Messi's skill but always been Team Ronaldo, and today's performance vs Ronaldo's against Spain yesterday is cementing my impressions.

Agreed it was a bad penalty attempt - but I just feel if a goalie saves a penalty they should be acknowledged.

And I have do agree Ronaldo had way more passion last night - though I have never been a huge fan of his - far to arrogant for my liking :drama:

oleada

I agree with you.
I think Ronaldo has a stronger mental game which counts for a lot. I also think he’s better at rallying his team when they’re down.

alexikeguchi

I'm enjoying Peru so far though I don't really have a horse in this race. They are definitely outworking Denmark so far.

Lorac

Denmark take the lead - in a very see-saw game as neither team has really taken charge. Let's see what Peru can do in answer!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information