DWTS Season 21 cast rumors....anyone?

Susan1

If the other veterans did, Tony needs to fire his agent because his contract must say "Gets all ladies of a certain age/fragility up to age 75+ at which point we call in Corky Ballas."

Yeah, you're right. I just had Mark and Max and Val in mind when I was writing that (probably because he DOES get stuck with the "not expected to wins" and I forgot about him!).

pixie cut

How about Ricki Lake?
Despite her performance history, she really wasn't a "ringer".

Ricki Lake was probably the worst partner Derek has had, and even she was considered a bit of a ringer because she'd had some dance background growing up and danced in the original Hairspray movie.

As we've said many times, the contributors to this board are more sophisticated about dance than the average viewer. I would assume that DWTS producers assess the public taste, and Derek is beloved. To have him exit before the midway point in the season is perceived as being bad for ratings. He needs to make it to at least the semi finals.

Clearly, viewers like the other dancers as well, but Derek is considered the stand out. He has been given many incentives to stay. Not just choice partners, but creative liberty to create pro dances. Is it fair? No, but then this is a TV show that needs ratings to continue to exist.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I used to like Derek & I still consider him the best male dancer on the show. But I now find him to be insufferable so I wouldn't mind if he got knocked out early. If anyone thinks Jenna is all about me me look at me, she learned from the best. Esp sickening was the year with Nastia Lukin when he hurt his foot & yet the numbers where he sat out were still all about him.

I would have loved it if one of the last 3 guys won.

skatesindreams

DWTS has given Derek a high profile and opportunities he wouldn't have had without it.
In return, he gives the show award winning choreography and an assured fanbase /loyal viewership.

It has been good for all concerned.

jkl

This morning on Good Morning America all four top couples were introduced at the 8:00 hour.....except for Derek. He was tired and resting.
He did come out for the 8:30 introduction.

Jimena

The whole catering to the same pros over and over again is one thing that makes me like Strictly Come Dancing so much better. You win one year, you have a clunker the next year. You get more diversity, and IMO a much better show.

tarotx

Derek has been suffering from bronchitis. He came out later and did the View as well.
This morning on Good Morning America all four top couples were introduced at the 8:00 hour.....except for Derek. He was tired and resting.
He did come out for the 8:30 introduction.

Johnny_Fever

Jenna was one of Nigel's favorites on SYTYCD, but I never understood the love. That show has had many better female ballroom dancers and Jenna always seemed clunky in comparison.
Meryl Davis must see something in her. Don't they go on vacation together and stuff?

screech

I looked up Derek's DWTS stats
- has made it to the half way point with every single one of his pros
- lowest finish is 6th
- has received at least one 10 with every single partner
- in 16 seasons he has made the semi-finals 14 times, and the finals 10 times

I agree that he is by far the best male choreographer on the show, but this is just ridiculous.

Meryl Davis must see something in her. Don't they go on vacation together and stuff?
It's been rumoured that Jenna is dating Val (or at least was in the past). Meryl and Val were close, so they must have gotten close due to that. Jenna was also one of the bridesmaids at Lindsay's wedding this summer (apparently Val and Derek were the 'male entertainment' at the bachelorette party).

Johnny_Fever

.........It's been rumoured that Jenna is dating Val (or at least was in the past). Meryl and Val were close, so they must have gotten close due to that. Jenna was also one of the bridesmaids at Lindsay's wedding this summer (apparently Val and Derek were the 'male entertainment' at the bachelorette party).
I think its cool that Meryl has a BFF outside the skating world. You don't often see that.

danceronice

Corgi Wrangler

I doubt Meryl picks her friends based on dance technical ability. Jenna might be a perfectly sweet person, just really trying too hard to grab camera attention when she's working.

Johnny_Fever

I doubt Meryl picks her friends based on dance technical ability.
I wasn't saying that. I should have phrased my sentence better.

Jenna might be a perfectly sweet person, just really trying too hard to grab camera attention when she's working.
I wasn't aware of the attention grabbing. I just know that she catches my eye. Isn't that what performing is all about? "Emoting" towards the viewers? I remember reading similar comments about Witney Carson. I still think Charlie White would have been better off with Witney.

pixie cut

I wasn't saying that. I should have phrased my sentence better.

I wasn't aware of the attention grabbing. I just know that she catches my eye. Isn't that what performing is all about? "Emoting" towards the viewers? I remember reading similar comments about Witney Carson. I still think Charlie White would have been better off with Witney.

I think Witney would have been a horrible partner for Charlie. First of all, that was Witney's first season as a pro. She would have been over her head with such a talented partner. Also, she wouldn't have known how to let him shine and still get her own camera time.

There is a difference between performing and camera hogging. I find Witney relates to the camera more than she does to any partner. Jenna isn't quite as bad, but she does always know where the camera is. I find her a more interesting and versatile dancer than Witney. Her troupe work in some contemporary pieces has been superb. I'd say the same about Lindsay.

Jenna has been discussed a lot on AfterBuzz ever since her season on So You Think You Can Dance. All the choreographers loved her and said she was an incredibly hard working, very genuine person. That's why Nigel kept saving her when she was in the bottom, all the choreographers advocated for her. So she is likely a very nice person. Just a touch over the top in performances.

Johnny_Fever

I'm thinking of that "Boys Like You" number on Monday, with Jenna and Lindsay (I think its Lindsay) swaying back and forth behind Meghan Trainor, and how much that adds to the performance. Then you see Alek Skarlatos standing there like he's waiting on a taxi cab and it kind of ruins it for me.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
There's something about Witney that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the bitch face she gets every time she sees a score she doesn't like. I didn't like her on SYTYCD, though, so I think it's just the insincere vibe she gives off. I'm glad Lindsay had a chance to shine this season because I find her to be a much more genuine performer.

Twizzler

There's something about Witney that rubs me the wrong way. Maybe it's the bitch face she gets every time she sees a score she doesn't like. I didn't like her on SYTYCD, though, so I think it's just the insincere vibe she gives off. I'm glad Lindsay had a chance to shine this season because I find her to be a much more genuine performer.

I always liked Lindsay better as well and never understood the Witney love. I'm liking her a bit more now than I did on SYTYCD, but still prefer Lindsay.

Simka

I'm more partial to Witney than Lindsay, but my favorite SYTYCD pros are Chelsie Hightower and Dmitri Chaplin. I have also enjoyed Artem a lot since he joined DWTS.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....

screech

I actually think this engagement might stick. They've been on and off for a while, and they just seem to really click and are comfortable together - I didn't see that with his past S.O's.

IIRC, this is his third engagement. He was engaged to Karina - I think it was a bit of a disaster of a split. He also did a Ukranian version of The Bachelor, so I'm assuming he popped the question there, though I know he's said the show is a joke and he regretted doing it.

Plus, Val's reactions seem to point to this one being legit.

I do agree, though, that hideous Pnina's are up her alley. Did anyone see when Karina was on Say Yes, I think for her third engagement...

jkl

I went to the DWTS Tour last night and agree it was worth every penny of the ticket price. Peta is a natural entertainer and was very comfortable speaking to the sold out show. Val and Artem were solid favorites with the largely female audience. Alek and Lindsay's dance to America the Beautiful got a standing ovation. His rhumba with Emma was another hit with the audience. It was a great show and I hope the show comes back here next year.

jkl

I did think Jenna was by far the weakest of the dancers. She stumbled out of lifts and was out of sync on some of the ensemble dances. But boy did she over smile through the whole show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information