Dancing with the Stars Season 28

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Mark my word!

The Tom & Erin hosting team is (IMO) a huge improvement on the previous team (forgot her name). I don't think Erin is going anywhere. Certainly not to make room for a pageant airhead who complains & whines. "They're being meeean to me."

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
The Tom & Erin hosting team is (IMO) a huge improvement on the previous team (forgot her name). I don't think Erin is going anywhere. Certainly not to make room for a pageant airhead who complains & whines. "They're being meeean to me."
Agree. Tom has a say and would not tolerate an airhead who doesn’t know the meaning of side shade.

screech

Ally only finishing 3rd, while having the highest scores (for an error-filled freestyle) should count as proof that the judges should have kept James around.

Based solely on the freestyles, the absolute correct winner was chosen. Hannah wasn't the best dancer of the season, but she had the best freestyle. Ally botched a few lifts, Lauren spent half her dance sitting, and Kel didn't do anything for me (and it seemed like he did the same move the entire routine).

Cupid

Famous for what? Being pretty? At least the other 3 DO something. I don't know her but she comes off as a pageant (airhead) girl. I love this show but there has to be some way that an actual good dancer wins.
God you really have it in her for her, don't you? What makes you think she's an airhead, I thought she handled herself very well with Erin's commentary toward her, she tried to make her look like an airhead. Please don't be so hateful on other women!

mrr50

I didn't notice that Erin talked down to Hannah. Maybe you need to get your knife out of Erin and stop disrepecting other women not named Hannah!!!!!!!

Cupid

I didn't notice that Erin talked down to Hannah. Maybe you need to get your knife out of Erin and stop disrepecting other women not named Hannah!!!!!!!
Did you not see Erin's face when it was announced that Hannah won. Go back and look if you can. She downright looked pissed off and didn't even give Hannah a hug or congratulate her at all.

Erin reminds me of a linebacker with a dress. lol

taf2002

Did you not see Erin's face when it was announced that Hannah won. Go back and look if you can. She downright looked pissed off and didn't even give Hannah a hug or congratulate her at all.

Erin reminds me of a linebacker with a dress. lol

I'm not supposed to have an opinion on Hannah or else I'm being mean but you can say hateful things about Erin? Ok then.

This is the 2nd year in a row when a poor or mediocre dancer won. So maybe Erin was disgusted & didn't feel congratulory. And what I said about Hannah was true. She is a pageant girl, she said so, & she was on a reality show where the only "talent" needed was being pretty. And my impression that she's an airhead was reinforced every time she opened her mouth. JMO

screech

Erin responded to the criticism and basically said she was in a no win situation - that she was standing next to Kel & Whitney, and if she was cheering, she would have been criticized for being disrespectful to them.

In any case, Hannah was by no means the best dancer - HE was eliminated a week ago. But nobody wowed me in the finale, and Hannah had IMO the best freestyle, so I'm okay with her win, based on the finale alone.

The absolute worst part of the finale was the judges RAVING over Ally when she basically fell on the dismount of one lift, and was incredibly sloppy on all of the others.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
In any case, Hannah was by no means the best dancer - HE was eliminated a week ago.

100% this.

But nobody wowed me in the finale, and Hannah had IMO the best freestyle, so I'm okay with her win, based on the finale alone.

#teamKel4ever I attribute Hannah's totally undeserved win to her being from an ABC show. I'm sure we will see her again, but as one of those reality "stars" who doesn't know how to do anything but be on reality shows.

The absolute worst part of the finale was the judges RAVING over Ally when she basically fell on the dismount of one lift, and was incredibly sloppy on all of the others.

Thank you!!! I was beginning to think Mr. Overedge and I were the only two people in the world shrieking "she fell! she fell!" None of the judges said anything about it, but they ripped other dancers a new one for much more minor mistakes.

Also we were :rolleyes: that two of the finalists both thanked Jesus for helping them make it to the final. Somehow I think Jesus has more important things to do than fix the results of reality show competitions.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
And my impression that she's an airhead was reinforced every time she opened her mouth. JMO

She lost me the minute she started being cranky to Carrie Ann, who was helping her by giving her extra coaching, and who knows way more about dancing than she ever will....

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Ally's lifts were HORRIBLE. I said as much to Mr. Mac at the time. Hanah's were much better. But I liked Kel's freestyle the best. I thought it hung together better and it was exciting to see the Chicago dancers.

ETA when did they start having 4 teams in the final?

taf2002

Ally's lifts were bad, I agree. But the routine as a whole was exciting & well-choreographed & her footwork was really good. Everyone got 10's for their freestyle, even Lauren, so I don't think Ally's marks meant anything. @MacMadame is right, Kel's was clearly the best. OTOH I was thrilled for Alan, who has come a long long way as a partner.

mrr50

Dancing with the Stars seems to have become more of a showcase for ABC properties and political statements during the last few(maybe more) seasons. Who else thinks this might be its last Mirror Ball Trophy winner?

BaileyCatts

I think if they stick with a once-per-year schedule in the Fall, it might still last a few more seasons simply because it does still get ratings, and they don't have to come up with new shows to fill the slot. :lol: But agree its become an ABC/Disney/which political person can we get to cause controversy showcase. :blah:

With the Olympics coming up next summer (and if they stick to a Fall only schedule), they might be able to hit on a few big stars who might break out during Tokyo.

But they need to stop casting political people. ANY political people. No politicians, no kids of politicians, no political commentators, and no stars who have overtly strong political agendas (okay, bad example :p).

Last edited:

screech

I hope that now that they've had an ABC win with Hannah, as well as a Disney win with Jordan Fisher, maybe they'll back off on that a little bit (unless they're going for a Marvel win...)
More than an ABC showcase, I really wish the judges would stop pushing their own agenda. Like the insane praising of Ally this year. Yes, she was a great dancer, but CLEARLY she wasn't getting the votes, so unless they were choosing for James that he should be with his family (not their responsibility!), why the hell did they keep her over him?

I'd love to see a shake-up of the judges. I'd get rid of Carrie Ann, who rarely offers anything useful. Bruno at least sometimes has some gems. Len is the only one I actually listen to. Get rid of her, and bring back Julianne, or even Karina, Anna, or Edyta!

IMO the only thing really working for the show right now is the hosts. I even miss the old band. I also wish they'd go back to theme nights like classical music night.

taf2002

I hope that now that they've had an ABC win with Hannah, as well as a Disney win with Jordan Fisher, maybe they'll back off on that a little bit (unless they're going for a Marvel win...)

You're comparing Hannah's win with Jordan's? IMO he was the frontrunner & the clear winner of his season. Hannah was never the top of the leaderboard.

screech

You're comparing Hannah's win with Jordan's? IMO he was the frontrunner & the clear winner of his season. Hannah was never the top of the leaderboard.
My comparison was that the wins were both by people known for being part of the ABC 'family'. I in now way was comparing their actual dancing or wins. I was just saying that now that ABC has finally had wins from their companies (not that the wins themselves are equal), maybe they'll stop shoving those properties down our throats.

Debbie S

Is DWTS even happening this fall? I guess they could do it without a studio audience, but there is still a lot of close contact between cast members, plus cast and crew.

Firedancer

Is DWTS even happening this fall? I guess they could do it without a studio audience, but there is still a lot of close contact between cast members, plus cast and crew.

I had seen it was coming back in the fall and that one of the former Bachelorettes (Kaitlyn) was going to be on it. But I don’t know how they will film or when.

MLIS

I think the Spicer stuff was probably it, he apparently argued against the casting and then spoke out in the media/on social media when it went ahead. And last season there was obvious tension between him and the judges, particularly Len. But honestly, Tom and Erin are, like, 90% of why I watch, so I guess I’m out.

taf2002

I think the Spicer stuff was probably it, he apparently argued against the casting and then spoke out in the media/on social media when it went ahead. And last season there was obvious tension between him and the judges, particularly Len. But honestly, Tom and Erin are, like, 90% of why I watch, so I guess I’m out.

I'm not going to say they are why I watch but Tom esp enhances the whole thing. He is so funny & I'll miss him. I've found Erin invasive & untactful at times & I think her job won't be too hard to fill so I won't esp miss her. But I love the dancing so I'll wait & see if the new version is worth watching.

love skating

Clueless American
Saw that news on Twitter yesterday - shocking. DWTS has kind of become a shell of its old self, especially after they cut the results show. I can't help thinking that sadly the show may not last much longer.

MLIS

I'm not going to say they are why I watch but Tom esp enhances the whole thing. He is so funny & I'll miss him. I've found Erin invasive & untactful at times & I think her job won't be too hard to fill so I won't esp miss her. But I love the dancing so I'll wait & see if the new version is worth watching.
Tom in particular is a very skilled host, in subtle ways not everyone can recognize. Funny, supportive of the participants, snarky without being mean, quick witted, and able to respond to whatever a live show throws at him without hesitation. He’s very, very good at his job, and will be a big loss. Erin is a bit more divisive, I liked her but lots of people didn’t. The show can survive without her, but I’m not sure it can survive without Tom.

annie720

I didn't mind Samantha Harris as Tom's sidekick for a number of years. She came across as an airhead but gave Tom fodder for some of his best expressions and quips. I didn't mind Brooke but remember little about her. After Erin started, I was begging to have Samantha back. Erin came across as shrill and pushy to me and I felt she started upstaging Tom at some point, talking over him and talking louder than him, and nobody better upstage Tom.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information