Johnny Weir on Dancing with the Stars

Sylvia

It's Montreal Worlds week!
Tweeted before the show: https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/status/1323297527756566528
Our foxtrot is very special to us because it’s all about our friendship. I couldn’t have asked for a more glorious partner or friend to share this journey with than @BrittBStewart. ...

Tonight's performance:

Sylvia

Johnny's IG post earlier today: https://www.instagram.com/p/CHX-CrRhAJd/
9.November.2020 Hippity Hop! Can’t wait to dance for you all tonight! It’s been an exhaustive week & my body is killing me but so proud of the work we’ve done. Consider voting for us at showtime by texting “Johnny” to 21523 10 times or by visiting abc.com and voting 10 times there. @brittbenae @dancingabc #dwts #teambrijo
Check out his Instagram stories for the reveal about his dance tonight.

ETA:

Last edited:

Desperado

Johnny should wear the Amy Winehouse week every week - he looks great in it and it gave him wings tonight. 👍🏻

Last edited:

skylark

I loved Johnny/Britt's Quickstep. I'm like Derek, I love content, content, dance content. I'm not conversant with dance requirements but I know content when I see it. There was something just so joyful in all that quick-stepping, combined with Johnny inhabiting his tribute, his version of Amy Winehouse. He realized his vision 100 percent. Just wonderful.

Bottom two again, despite a perfect score of 30. :huh: Sad. Maybe figure skating fans aren't invested as much as, for instance, Skai's or others'. At least he got saved again. Actually, I have no room to talk because I haven't been voting. But still. :)

NoTomorrow

I did not know there was a group just for Johnny. I'm so excited! I'm not one for the cross dressing but I loved his Amy Winehouse look. He's getting more and more comfortable on the dance floor every time he's out there. I totally felt he should have won his jive dance-off. I don't know what the judges were thinking. It was so sad to see him cry when he was in the bottom 2 after a fabulous night of dancing. I just want him to make it to the finals to silence all the haters who don't like him and have given him such a hard time throughout his journey.

skylark

I'm on the West Coast and I'm not voting when I haven't seen the performances.
I think that's the way to have integrity. In fact, I've seen very few live performances this season, so that's one reason I haven't voted. I don't like that West Coast people are excluded. I wish it could be like for the first however many seasons, when voting was open for many hours and then the results show wasn't until Tuesday night.

It's just one more instance of the compromises the show has made in order to stay on air. I'm glad they've made them, though, because I'm with Johnny, I think it's a real blessing to have this kind of live entertainment and for the performers too.

I'm just now watching the video of the Nov. 2 episode! but I remembered in time to watch last night's from 8:30 on.

antmanb

I wasn't a massive fan of the quickstep :shuffle: I thought it looked messy and even thought there had been a mistake at one point. I'm just watching the clips that Sylvia posts (thank you!) so didn't see the judges marks or comments but i'm really surprised that got full marks.

skylark

For anyone, like me, still missing Tom Bergerac and wishing for his perfect balance, here's a blast from the past, "the Pros You Chose" ... my two favorites btw. :). And talk about perfection and balance.:encore:

NoTomorrow

Tonight's the double elimination! Since Johnny was in the bottom 2 last week they are predicting that he will go home tonight. Please vote by texting Johnny 10x to 21523 and 10x by registering your email at dwtsvote.abc.com. It would mean so much to him to make it to the finals. His dance tonight is a tribute to his skating career. Let's make this a night for him to remember.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Tonight's the double elimination! Since Johnny was in the bottom 2 last week they are predicting that he will go home tonight. Please vote by texting Johnny 10x to 21523 and 10x by registering your email at dwtsvote.abc.com. It would mean so much to him to make it to the finals. His dance tonight is a tribute to his skating career. Let's make this a night for him to remember.
Wish I can vote! Only open to the USA :-(

Sylvia

Here are Johnny & Britt's final 2 performances (he was eliminated tonight :():

Salsa:

Jazz:

ETA their heartfelt message to their supporters & each other: https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/status/1328560698763341825

Last edited:

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Here are Johnny & Britt's final 2 performances (he was eliminated tonight :():

Salsa:

Jazz:

ETA their heartfelt message to their supporters & each other: https://twitter.com/JohnnyGWeir/status/1328560698763341825
I could not vote (from Canada) but felt that they deserved to stay over Nelly - obviously they didn't have the voting support :(

Sylvia

Johnny's appearance with Britt on GMA this morning (along with Skai & Alan):

Last night's reaction (videos are embedded in both articles):
The professional Olympic skater was visibly emotional following his elimination, admitting, "I feel horrific. I gave everything that I had for this competition and I have no regrets at all about the performances that we gave. At the end of the day, it does come down to your scores from the judges as well as how the public sees you and if they choose to vote for you. Honestly, I would 100 times choose to be myself over being popular, and I think that that is a strong message that we have shown this whole competition."

Recap of last night's show:

Last edited:

Sylvia

In her final installment, Britt Stewart reflects on the entire season and the incredible bond she formed with Weir. (Nov. 23, 2020):
Excerpt:
Being an Olympian, his work ethic was unmatched. I'm grateful for his dedication, commitment and passion to the process and journey on "DWTS." It made our process as a team to create and deliver new dances every week so smooth.
Johnny is an incredible person with the kindest heart. His unwillingness to compromise his authenticity is absolutely inspiring. No matter where he is, he always shows up as his true and authentic self. I'm so happy that Johnny decided to be on "Dancing With The Stars" because I truly believe that our audience was able to see Johnny in a different way than he is normally perceived.
I truly believe that this is just the start for Johnny and I. I know that our journey on DWTS was just the beginning as friends and in life. I can't wait to continue to inspire, bring joy and break boundaries!
ETA:

Johnny's IG post on Nov. 17: https://www.instagram.com/p/CH8NsMSBQH_/
And today's (Nov. 23): https://www.instagram.com/p/CH8NsMSBQH_/

Johnny will be present for tonight's finale.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information