Dancing with the Stars Season 28

Susan1

Seize the Day!
I'm not even watching the show, but AARRGGHH.
Skating over to the sidelines here...............
That was the finale number in the only rink ice show I was in, with all of the groups on the ice in different colored sweatshirts. The first night was great. The second day one of the skaters in our club forgot his sweatshirt and borrowed somebody else's in our color at the last second. He hurried over to the beginning of our line, but Peggy said she had to lead us. So he got between us and if I wouldn't have been such a wimp, I would have said get on the other side of me. But off we went. He didn't know where to go and dragged me along with him. At one point, we got into a big circle and the girl next to me said "where'd you come from". And at the end, when we all got in new lines and the last word was "one" and we all had to put our fingers up in the air, he pushed me into one of the other lines. Everybody was mad at him and felt sorry for me. And that was the day my parents and my aunt were there, after my saying how great the night before was. It's also on the videotape that I made when they showed it on the local cable channel. I don't know anything about Newsies or that song. Almost 25 years, and just seeing those words makes my stomach flip over. o.k. I'm done now................

jkl

That was a surprise elimination. Poor thing was sobbing just being in the bottom two.

BaileyCatts

^^ I'm not going to be shocked if it happens. :mad: Are the judges scores weighted higher than fans votes, or is it just that the Judges pick who goes home from the Bottom 2?

screech

Another week with Sean safe. Yuck!

Theories are that so few people are voting (viewership is really down) that Sean's votes are comparatively high to others.
Of the two in the bottom, I think the right person stayed. I really like Pasha (and so does Len), and I think that if the show comes back, Pasha will be back next season.

IMO James is still completely in a class all his own. He should win this season, but who knows how things will turn out.

Love the annual Sasha scaring people tradition.

BaileyCatts

At this point, it would serve the producers right if Spicer ends up winning the whole damn thing for them casting him to begin with. :blah:

I don't really enjoy the Halloween show as much as the regular nights. I get that they are going to do it, but I find the weird face makeup and costumes distracting. I was so distracted by Sasha's makeup and costume that's all I was focused on. I like the more subtle costumes like Lauren/Gleb and Kate/Pasha. And Frankie Muniz's Halloween program was one of the best ever. :yikes:

I had to watch Kel on mute because I despise that song with the fiery passion of a thousand suns. Nothing on Kel, its that fecking song. :angryfire

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Karamo was one of my favorites & he did really good last night. No way did he deserve to go home. Now I'm pulling for Kel.

They need to implement a rule that someone in the bottom of the judges' votes 3 weeks in a row goes home or is at least in the bottom 2 so the judges can send him/her home. Or maybe someone who never gets above a 6 goes into the bottom 2 halfway thru the season. Some way to get rid of a dancer who isn't improving. At least Bobby Bones had personality.

love skating

Clueless American
If they really want to off Spicer they could (and should) give him a score lower than six, but the judges rarely go below a six except for the first couple weeks. I don't think he will get in the finale, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as high as fourth or fifth. I see him escaping the bottom again at least one more week, maybe two (though I hope not). My own guess for final three is James, Lauren and Hannah - based on popularity. Those three and Spicer have not been in the bottom. Kate, Kel and Ally have all been in the bottom at some point.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
This DWTS season reminds me of the old AI with phone only voting. There was a website called Vote For The Worst that made it easy to autodial votes for whoever had the weakest performance. Part of me thinks that the Spicer votes are VFTW type people.

annie720

If they really want to off Spicer they could (and should) give him a score lower than six, but the judges rarely go below a six except for the first couple weeks. I don't think he will get in the finale, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as high as fourth or fifth. I see him escaping the bottom again at least one more week, maybe two (though I hope not). My own guess for final three is James, Lauren and Hannah - based on popularity. Those three and Spicer have not been in the bottom. Kate, Kel and Ally have all been in the bottom at some point.
I think they sometimes try to strike a balance between giving a score so low that it will motivate a fan base to vote like crazy, and giving a score that's so high it will keep a poor contestant in without mega votes. In this case nothing seems to be working.

screech

I like how they structured the dance off this year - the pairings chosen beforehand, and knowing the song, compared to other years where one team picks their opponent, and their opponent picks the style.

I don't like that one team is right in front of the judges the whole time, the other potentially hidden from view. They should maybe split the floor width-wise to give more even view.

I did agree with every judges choice in the dance off, though.

BaileyCatts

I wonder if the producers ever thought about their little plan to generate ratings backfiring like it has. They will deserve it if Spicer ends up winning. :blah:

annie720

I wonder if the producers ever thought about their little plan to generate ratings backfiring like it has. They will deserve it if Spicer ends up winning. :blah:
Of course they did, but nothing matters but the ratings and the “buzz”. Tom B knew this would happen which is why he was blasting Spicer’s selection in tweets before the show started.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
DWTS didn't record last night. When it wasn't on my list of recordings I just thought they were taking a week off since The Voice did tape & it comes on at the same time. This morning I checked my series list & it was on it so idk why it didn't tape. Did I miss something good? I did see who was bottom 2 & who went home. Also saw who wasn't bottom. :mad:

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Kate's dance was dedicated to her sister who recently died. Everything else was pretty much the same old, same old. Ally is insecure and feels bullied by fans, Lauren is turning into a real dancer, etc.

Though I admit I don't pay a lot of attention to some of the stars so I might have missed something.

Oh and Spicer's "dance" was given 7s even though he hasn't improved one bit since day one and his dance was horrible. :mad:

screech

So the last few weeks I've noticed that right before reading the results, Tom has pursed his lips a bit in disappointment, which has made it easy for me to tell that Sean is safe, even before the results are read.

IMO the best dance last night was Ally. James was fantastic too, but Ally stole the show. Based on the dancing all season, we could see a final two of spouses for the first time, with Emma vs Sasha...

I have to say how happy I am that an 'older' contestant made it so far with a new partner who doesn't have the fanbase. Goes to show how fantastic Pasha was.

Desperado

Just catching up now at a very quick pace. No one went home because Kate & Pasha won the Dance Off is that it? That makes me happy. I like their numbers and I’m a fan of Pasha’s choreography. I also like the wardrobe choices for Kate. In the past, the less young women were often given horrendous outfits but she always looks great.

Of course, what would’ve made me happier would’ve been a Spicer exit. Can’t believe he got a 7, only watched his first few steps and they were horrible.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
I have to say how happy I am that an 'older' contestant made it so far with a new partner who doesn't have the fanbase. Goes to show how fantastic Pasha was.
And how fantastic Kate was in making sure she gave him props in every post dance interview. For a lot of these celebs, it’s all about how haaaaard it is and how they’re on this journeeeee. It’s refreshing to see people like Kate and James share the spotlight.

Desperado

Thanks for correcting me @MacMadame - she looked so happy still and it was at the very end and I didn’t see them being interviewed so I was hoping...

Not a great season.

screech

Okay, can Joey become a permanent judge? He can replace Carrie-Ann or Bruno...

First round: I have to say, Ally is a great dancer, but I think the judges overdo it quite a bit with heaping the praise on her. Also, they REALLY slowed down Wannabe. Though Sasha's reaction to Emma Bunton saying his name... lol.

During Lauren and Gleb's dance, a large section of it seemed almost waltz-ish to me. Didn't love James' jive. I thought Hannah's samba was good, though a bit awkward at moments (like her legs in the lifts). Kel was WAY too aggressive. But that's a hard song to do since Mel B's performance to that is so damn iconic.
And Sean...

screech

I could tell he was going to be eliminated this week, since Tom almost smirked before reading the results (compared to the frown of the last few weeks)

IMO, James, Ally and Hannah are the top 3, with Kel just a head of Lauren.

I found Ally overscored in that second dance- it seemed like just a lot of jumping around to me, and her oversized unzipped jacket was distracting.
I found the judges very harsh on James, though it didn't seem fully like a new dance, more like Emma choreographed around a music video. I expected Bruno to criticize Lauren's rumba, as she wasn't constantly moving, instead more pose-y (and that's always his comment on the rumba). Hannah's tango was great. Kel's waltz was just okay to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information