Dancing with the Stars Season 28

Debbie S

And we start Movie Night with a group number to Fame. The producers must have watched P/C. ;)

ETA: Bummer, Ray Lewis is out with an injury. :(

mrr50

So far it's been messy, but it's only week 3. Never thought I would hear the word "hickey" on this show.

Desperado

Ray Lewis really seemed to take leaving hard, but “hardest decision of my life.”???? Perspective, please. The Ferris Bueller dance was a lot of fun to watch.

Really dance by James & Emma. He really did make her look great. “Who else would you dedicated this dance to?” 😂😂😂

nickp

So sorry that Cheryl Burke is out of the competition on DWTS She has always been one of my favorite pro dancers

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't understand why they still showed us "Ray's" dance. Especially as they keep saying they are behind schedule.

BaileyCatts

If social media would have just shut up about SS in the beginning, he probably would have been voted out first. The more people bitch on social media about him not getting voted out, the more likely he is to stay longer because that's actually causing people who don't even watch the show to vote for him out of spite. If he's never in the Bottom 2 based on votes there's no chance for the Judges to pick the other Team up against him. :yikes: I'm not voting since I don't have a cell, so somebody #whatever in votes for Lamar for me!! Maybe that will help get SS in the Bottom 2. :rofl:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
James is such a ringer that it's hard for me to enjoy his dances. I really liked Ally's & Kate's the best.

TBH I can't stand Spicer's politics but you have to admit he's being a real good sport & is trying hard. I would rather watch him than Lamar. But I want both of them gone. I don't understand how Sailor wound up in the bottom in a world where Sean & Lamar exist.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I don't understand how Sailor wound up in the bottom
I think some fans of the show resent her being there. They think Christy should have just left the show and not been replaced by her daughter.

Also, I doubt Sailor has much of a fan base of her own. I didn't even know she existed until she popped up on the show.

taf2002

I think some fans of the show resent her being there. They think Christy should have just left the show and not been replaced by her daughter.

Also, I doubt Sailor has much of a fan base of her own. I didn't even know she existed until she popped up on the show.

The fans have nothing to do with the judges' scores. Wasn't she in the bottom before the fan votes came in. And it's crazy to resent her. She wouldn't be there if the producers didn't want her. She didn't invite herself. Fans be crazy.

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
That’s good to know. We were preempted here by Monday Night Football. It’s usually on ESPN but tonight it was on ABC - home team playing.

Susan1

For the first time, I only watched the first episode. Unless there is somebody I want to root for, it gets boring.

taf2002

Is anyone else irritated by Hannah Brown and/or Lauren Alaina? Both of them seem so fake to me. So far I like Ally, Kate, & Sailor and Kel, Karamo, & James. As I said after the 1st show James seems like a ringer to me. No one looks that polished week 1. I looked him up & his mother was a Broadway dancer & gymnastics teacher. So he may have had an advantage going in. Or maybe running after 6 kids keeps him in top condition. idk

Firedancer

Is anyone else irritated by Hannah Brown and/or Lauren Alaina? Both of them seem so fake to me. So far I like Ally, Kate, & Sailor and Kel, Karamo, & James. As I said after the 1st show James seems like a ringer to me. No one looks that polished week 1. I looked him up & his mother was a Broadway dancer & gymnastics teacher. So he may have had an advantage going in. Or maybe running after 6 kids keeps him in top condition. idk

I find both extremely annoying. I usually watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette but didn’t watch Hannah’s season because she just annoys me too much.

I probably like Kel, Karamo and James the most.

MLIS

I'm finding the tone with the judges/hosts very off this year. Len is not just the loveable old grump, he is what seems to be genuinely irritated and angry, particularly with Tom and Bruno (even after Bruno defended him last week). I get that Erin's role is very much cheerleader and pep talks with the contestants, which is fine (I actually quite like her as the co-host on this show) but her tone responding to Len if he gives any criticism or lower scores is pretty sharp and critical as well. I mean, it's well-established that Len is the ballroom dance expert and he has certain things he likes (and dislikes) and looks for, and he generally gives lower scores than the others. It's like suddenly this year Tom and Erin have decided to take exception to that. Leah Remini was a terrible guest judge last week, too -- she just came off as someone with an axe to grind with Len. And now the audience starts to boo and the other judges and Tom start to talk over him almost as soon as Len opens his mouth. He's visibly frustrated and I can't blame him.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Is anyone else irritated by Hannah Brown and/or Lauren Alaina?
They both drive me crazy. But I'm not a big fan of Sailor either. All three of them come off as fake to me.

I like James the most. A lot of the others with non-irritating personalities can't dance or don't dance as well as the judges claim (except Len, my soulmate :lol:)

I think they've started with the inflated scores rather early this time around. Though maybe that is the norm lately. I haven't watched in a while.

love skating

Clueless American
The last two weeks I forgot to vote (blind on the West Coast). I guess I'm just not that invested enough to remember to vote sometime during 5 or 6 pm.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I am still watching but not enjoying this season, fast forwarding through most of it. I dislike the music choices and hate that the pros have no say in what is selected. The judges seem even more annoying and the chemistry is off.

taf2002

I actually love Hannah B. and Lauren. I find Ally annoying even though I do think she works hard.

I was watching that season of X Factor when Fifth Harmony was put together & then later I liked some of their music. I actually like the music of the three who have put solo music out, Camilla especially. So I'm inclined to favor Ally on DWTS. Plus I do think she's sincere & not fake.

I am still watching but not enjoying this season, fast forwarding through most of it. I dislike the music choices and hate that the pros have no say in what is selected. The judges seem even more annoying and the chemistry is off.

I am constantly puzzled by the posts in a specific thread by people who don't enjoy the subject. Why are you watching if you don't enjoy it & you dislike the format?

screech

IMO James is by far the best. (hence the nitpickiness from the judges.)

I thought Ally deserved to be in the lead this week, but I always find myself completely distracted by her makeup (and not in the best way). Also agreed with Kel near the top too this week.

Sailor can dance, but I find she does the steps without really getting into it. It's like Val told her to step here, move her arms there, and she's just doing the motions.

Didn't Gleb do Little Mermaid last year? I remember him doing a Zoolander parody (water is the essence of moisture) while wearing mermaid fins.

When I kept seeing Pasha in the background with the newsboy cap, I kept forgetting he'd already danced and was hoping we'd get a Newsies number (it's Disney!). But alas...

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information