Dancing with the Stars Season 28

Debbie S

I thought Artem was great in the Sway shows and the DWTS tour that I saw. Yes, I think if he had gotten a stronger partner for some of the seasons, he would have stood out more. I hope he keeps dancing. He won the British version of the show before he was cast on DWTS, maybe there will be performance opportunities in Europe.

BaileyCatts

So no 1-800 # voting just alienated about 25% of the voting audience. You know .... older and no technik people (like me) who don't do any of that #hashtag @sign Twitter whatever online crap thing that is. :p And Live voting during the show just knocked out another 50% of the entire audience by not letting the entire West Coast watch the show and THEN vote. I don't understand why they can't do 1-800 # voting only across all time zones on Monday nights, and a 30 minute vote out show on Tuesday night. Problem solved about allowing everyone to vote after having watched the show AND not eliminating someone based on 'last weeks votes'.

screech

In an interview with ET Artem flat out says he was never given a chance to be a contender on DWTS. He also says he is thinking of reaching out to the people in charge of Strictly Come Dancing and other versions of DWTS. He's a former champ on Strictly, and thinks he would be treated better there. I hope he does, because I don't want him to stop dancing
He's also considering doing things more behind the scenes, since at 37 he's getting 'old' for being a pro dancer. And he's going to be on Total Bellas (Nikki Bella's reality show), since he and Nikki are in a relationship now.

In an ET interview with Sharna, she denies the budget issue, but also claims she was completely blindsided.

BaileyCatts

And as for the dancing .... uhm ....... yikes. Clearly there are no ringers this year. :rofl:

There is that very bottom group that could frankly get eliminated in any order (Sean, Lamar, Mary, Kate). Then everyone else is pretty much at the same level. I didn't have anyone that was a clear standout for me. James and Karamo have a bit of a lead on showmanship. It will be interesting to see who can really improve their dancing throughout the season. Too bad I won't be voting. :(

just tuned in

Christie's daughter seems very sweet and she looks so much like her Mom.
Until they were side by side. Daughter's head is huge next to Mom's petite face.

That little pop singer can get off my TV now. Such mugging for the camera all night. Her dancing was terrible. Shoulders up around her ears, arms flailing. Ugh that she was getting so much praise.

nickp

Sean Spicer on DWTS in a lime green iridescent puffy shirt dancing off rhythm on national TV

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Speaking as a West Coaster, it's really annoying that I can't watch along with you guys but not being able to vote is no big deal. I rarely vote anyway.

skatfan

I had forgotten Spicer was on and now I saw him in lime green and...:sick:

Happy to see Whitney and Peta back but underwhelmed by the male dancers brought in for the season.

He’ll get crapped on by the costume department every time, which I love about this show!

Last edited:

skatfan

I watched a bit online and it’s clear that this is the budget version of the show. No troupe to do a big opening number on some great location; instead a pretty lame introduction of the stars without their dancers. And I think the end of the 800 voting is another budget cut, along with no voting by West Coasters - meh.

Why Karamo got such low scores was clear that they don’t want him to stay. I’m surprised they had the video of Brinkley tripping over Val’s heel and breaking her arm -ouch! It looked like she must have had surgery?

Desperado

Why Karamo got such low scores was clear that they don’t want him to stay. I’m surprised they had the video of Brinkley tripping over Val’s heel and breaking her arm -ouch! It looked like she must have had surgery?
Agree about Karamo, I really enjoyed his dance. Christie said she broke both bones and had a metal plate put in so she did have surgery.

skatingluver

I watched a bit online and it’s clear that this is the budget version of the show. No troupe to do a big opening number on some great location; instead a pretty lame introduction of the stars without their dancers. And I think the end of the 800 voting is another budget cut, along with no voting by West Coasters - meh.

Yes, they said it was a horrible break in 2 places and she had to have a big metal plate put in. Ouch!

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Artem has always been screwed over. He's never gotten a partner he deserves. But what a messed up situation.

It's clear that Artem is a good/great dancer but I've always thought he was a mediocre teacher. Or maybe he's a bad choreographer. Anyway his dances have been my fridge break for a long time.

I thought James is this year's ringer. For me Karamo was the most fun to watch. Lamar was the worst.

Did anyone else think that Witney must be pregnant? She looked about 4 mos to me.

just tuned in

In an interview with ET Artem flat out says he was never given a chance to be a contender on DWTS.
In an ET interview with Sharna, she denies the budget issue, but also claims she was completely blindsided.

I wonder if these two were cut because in the off-season they were too outspoken or aired grievances about the show. I foggily recall that Artem might have said something negative. Clearly he did to ET.

Spiralgraph

So no 1-800 # voting just alienated about 25% of the voting audience. You know .... older and no technik people (like me) who don't do any of that #hashtag @sign Twitter whatever online crap thing that is. :p And Live voting during the show just knocked out another 50% of the entire audience by not letting the entire West Coast watch the show and THEN vote. I don't understand why they can't do 1-800 # voting only across all time zones on Monday nights, and a 30 minute vote out show on Tuesday night. Problem solved about allowing everyone to vote after having watched the show AND not eliminating someone based on 'last weeks votes'.

I'm a no technik person and I don't have a smart phone, so no 1- 800 number means it would be difficult for me to vote on line. I didn't watch DWTS yesterday so I might not watch much at all this season. I'm probably not missing much.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I can't believe Spicer's dance scored higher than Lamar's! Spicer can't even sway along with the music when the stars are grouped around each other on camera. I thought Lamar was musical but hampered by being so tall and maybe a bit of nerves. James is definitely a ringer. If it wasn't week one, he'd have gotten high scores, I think. I have always enjoyed him so I don't care. :D

just tuned in

I can't believe Spicer's dance scored higher than Lamar's! Spicer can't even sway along with the music when the stars are grouped around each other on camera. I thought Lamar was musical but hampered by being so tall and maybe a bit of nerves. James is definitely a ringer. If it wasn't week one, he'd have gotten high scores, I think. I have always enjoyed him so I don't care. :D
I have to disagree. Spicer was way more into his performance than Lamar and looked comfortable dancing. Lamar, on the other hand, was completely awkward. For the Foxtrot, the hand hold needs to be no higher than the shorter person's eye level. Lamar was holding Peta's hand way above her head.

Last edited:

skatfan

Yes, they said it was a horrible break in 2 places and she had to have a big metal plate put in. Ouch!

I checked out the articles online - ouch is right! Her fall meant that her body weight was right over her arm, and I wonder if she might also have osteoporosis (which wouldn't be odd for a small-boned European white woman who was a model).

MacMadame

Doing all the things
When I saw the fall, that was my first thought: that she has osteoporosis. Because it didn't look like a bad fall so either she landed on it just right or she has fragile bones. Or both I suppose.

love skating

Clueless American
I think this new voting or lack of voting is only going to make matters worse. I'm mad being on the West Coast... We always get screwed.

I've already seen several posts/tweets all ready to vote for Spicer to you know "stick it to the libs" - I'm dreading an extended stay by him! So far I like James and Sailor.

Scrufflet

I taped it as it conflicted with the finale of SYTYCD (very good, I thought). Saw it today and it wasn't as bad as I expected. Quality of dance was a bit of a shock after the other show! I know; I will adjust. Van der Beek shows promise. I liked Office woman for her humour, Mary Wilson for her attitude and Queer Eye guy. Sailor can go real fast. Really sad to hear about Artem and Sharna though; I really like them and had no idea.

screech

Not a fame of Spicer’s politics but he did seem to be trying and enjoying himself.
I felt that about Spicer too - he had a good sense of humor and was selling the hell out of it.
Lamar wasn't great at all, but I was impressed with how he held himself - he didn't try to make himself smaller.

After week 1, my picks are James, Hannah, and Karamo.

screech

Ok, James is officially a fantastic dancer. And that split jump thing!!
I officially have face blindness with a brunette Emma.

I like that the judges have more power now to decide who goes home. Still hate the live voting.

Firedancer

I like that the judges have more power now too. But I feel like there should be more separation between the scores so far.

love skating

Clueless American
Regarding voting... First of all hate the live voting. It screws the West Coast obviously - we either have to vote blind or find an East Coast feed and most aren't home at the time to do so anyway so there goes our votes. It also can hurt those who dance later in the order since the voting window is so short. Maybe people fall asleep halfway through the show and oops forgot to vote for so and so. Plus I'm sure many that are in the voting zone don't like to watch live or can't watch live and their votes go by the wayside too.

Second - I did vote blind, so I noticed that they have gone the NBC show method of vote for each contestant up to 10 times. I hate this way of voting instead of getting a limited number of votes that one needs to split up or use all their votes only for one. This is how Blake on The Voice keeps getting all his people so far in the competition cause fans don't need to split votes - doesn't affect DWTS as much but still think having a total limit on votes is a better method.

Third - the judges' save. Now this is the SYTYCD method. I'm a bit on the fence on this one. For the most part I think it's okay but we'll see. I know on SYTYCD I've gotten upset at judges who keep keeping someone around who the audience keeps not voting for, but hopefully we can get Spicer and Lamar into the bottom and out. I do like that we finally have a bottom two again - instead of the "you're in danger, not necessarily the bottom two" stuff we've gotten for years.

screech

In theory the judge's save should prevent a situation like last season from happening, however, last season Bobby was never in the bottom 2 because of votes, so he would have won regardless.

I do hate how much the live voting completely screws things up though (Also would not have changed last season, since most of Bobby's fanbase was on the east coast).

In any case, I was most impressed with Kate and Pasha last night. That was so elegant. And I also like that Hannah didn't try to claim she has no dance experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information